Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

TheRat posted:

Did you actually look at it? That amulet alone is more expensvie than most goons own in a full league. He's also using a 6linked incandenscent heart, and it's all 20/20 gems with elemental focus + atziri's promise + taste of hate + diamond active.

E: This is basically "Mathil goes full tooltip warrior"

I'm only basing this off the vid, but he also doesn't have any rings equipped, only 1 of 3 jewels in and no diamond up. Granted he only goes to 1.5 mil with conc and ele focus, with the clearing setup he was at like 880k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.

Poison is back baby

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Noooo jewel vendor :negative:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah but wouldn't that mean that you only get one jewel

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

frajaq posted:

also help me understand what this "ethical build" meme means in reddit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv19OWo5lSo

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Eezee posted:

I'm kind of considering switching my starting build to Baron SRS. Is Baron cheap during the first days of the league?
No idea how easy SRS leveling is without the helmet.

Leveling with SRS is easy and the baron won't be too useful until you stack a bunch of strength anyways. No idea what its price will be like since it seems fairly popular, but also not too rare.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm pretty sure even if you spent $1000 to design your own unique they still don't give you one

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
What? Why? They are cool imo

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Ah, yeah I don't really like grinding them either but I just do it as little as possible and live with lvl 5-6 masters all league. It would be nice if they made the dailies like at all challenging

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'll grab a guild invite then for "voltron". Thank you

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Does GGG release numbers for peak player count on the standalone client? For legacy it hit 65k peak on steam but I know a lot of people don't use the steam version.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm ready... for the servers to die

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
This area transition crash would be a little annoying but with the queue its making me very sad

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Rookersh posted:

How much health % do I actually want?

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAR8ACQIA...1QRGnNrAAAAAAA=

I made this as a super joke to just find all the life/evasion nodes near me and see how many points it would cost to go grab them, then I could whittle down the further ones until I had the points I needed to do other more exciting things. It seems like +damage isn't super helpful from the tree then? I've heard a lot of people say the tree should mainly be used for health/leech/mana, attack speed, evasion, crit chance, and the big ones like Acrobatics. Trying to think ahead a little bit on that front.

I usually aim for like 160 - 170% life on softcore for a right side of the tree build. You want to end up with at least like 5k hp in addition to your mitigation defenses. A good tree balances both offense and defense, you'll ideally get plenty of damage by taking efficient clusters.

Something like this maybe assuming its a bow build that gets frenzy charges: https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAOcACQIA...qJA9PihIgAAAAAA

I doubt that's the most efficient tree, but just as an example of proper stat spread.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Do the harbinger packs come out today?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

frajaq posted:

Does Spectral Throw benefit from the Point Blank special node? Is there a way to find out exactly what range the attack increase happens? Is it all the way the projectile first flies, then on the way back it decreases the damage?

Point blank definitely effects it, and I'm pretty sure its beneficial for single target damage. Thing is that the damage loss is based on total distance traveled so the second hit as the spec throw travels back will have less damage, but the upfront damage should be high enough to balance it out assuming you are using slower proj.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
For others playing frost blades, how essential are you feeling a source of chain is? I bought a Ewar's with my first few alchs and used it basically all the way up until I hit maps but then switched it out for just a better sword and I really haven't found the lack of chain to be that bad. I was originally planning on going claws and working my way up to dual touch of anguish but now I'm doubting whether or not its really worth it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I've seen a lot of new players post their builds over the years and I've never seen one that was totally dead in the water.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
You don't need to start from zero, just start putting points into life starting now. Equip things that give you life and resists regardless of their other stats.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Hagop posted:

So I have been playing around with the DW Sunder Gladiator build detailed here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1922606

Final Tree

I am fairly new to PoE and I was wondering what does a build need to run blood magic, as the 4 points in the build currently going to magic related nodes could be swapped to pickup the Blood Magic node and the +35% hp behind it.

You don't want to run blood magic with that build because it gets a lot of damage from reserving most of the available mana for hatred and herald of ash.

e: Also, those 4 nodes are being taken for the flask stats. Eventually you'll be sustaining your mana with just a little bit of leech.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Wafflecopper posted:

I wish they'd just get rid of the trials for uber lab. Trying to find them all solo would take longer than the average human lifespan so you have to have global 820 open constantly waiting for some good samaritan to offer the one you need and it's just loving painful

At least they seem to have greatly increased the chance of them appearing.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

m.hache posted:

So I just got to the last boss and it feels like I'm throwing myself at a brick wall.

I have maxed out resists and roughly 2.7k health. I'm probably a little low on health. I've attached my profile.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Madasi/characters

I'm going to be upgrading my weapons tonight but I'm curious what else I could be slotting/looking for to improve survivability/kill speed. I can rip through waves of baddies and can kill elites relatively quickly but it just seems like when I get to bosses I get almost instagibbed, which leads to me entering the fight without any frenzy charges.

You need a whirling blades - faster attacks - fortify setup. Keep fortify up in tough fights.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Definitely level the faster attacks, whirling and fortify don't need to be leveled.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah I would prefer if they just dropped full orbs at an appropriately adjusted rate.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
When curse on hit is linked to herald of ice the curse is only applied by the frozen enemy explosion portion, not by every hit. So only enemies killed within a pack will be effected by it, basically just used to gain power charges.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Post says in tandem with the harbinger supporter packs, due out early next week.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Tempestuous steel is the go to.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Pooncha posted:

I don't :psyduck:

GGG why

Guess I'll go look at my skill planner again.

Its calculated differently from evasion and actually stacks with it to provide an additional "layer" of chance to not get hit.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Its not unreasonable to be able to stack 1000 strength at endgame, which is 200% increased melee phys damage for your minions. That's pretty drat good considering all the hp you get for stacking strength too.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I dunno if the crit really adds much since axe builds usually go RT, or just don't build towards crit at all. Still a big ol' score though, gratz

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
For my second character I'm thinking I wanna do some kind of totem boss killer build. Is the self-flagellation, kikazaru, soul mantle combo still worth doing?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah but its not much reduction and you should have speed from quality on the srs gem and possibly the minion speed support gem. I think you can roll it on jewelry too.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm starting on T10ish maps with a Wild Strike zerker and having a few issues. This is my first time doing end game content with a melee class and I'm not sure what to do on bosses when facetanking isn't cutting it.

I probably just need to gear a bit better but I'm in that spot where changing any piece likely means changing a bunch to get the resistances to work out.

I'm tempted to go back to my ED MOM trickster but the clear speeds were terrible.

Some combo of flasks, fortify and life leech. As a zerker you should be leeching to full the instant after you get hit by a big attack, that's their thing. If you haven't done uber lab yet then that should probably be your next step. Depending on the boss some attacks you are expected to just dodge.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Cyclone is the most fun

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Anyone have experience as an ED/contagion player? I can't figure out the best way to tune. Is it best to just go all in on ED with piercing and GMP? Or save that as a single target damage and link up contagion hard to deal with trash mobs?

Pure damage links for ED. Increased aoe and faster casting for contagion, which will chain and kills screens of mobs with one cast of each skill. Blight/wither totem for help with single target.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

euphronius posted:

Avatar of fire is not far away to replace the amulet.

I think the cover enemies in ash thing is pretty big and not available anywhere else.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

LordNat posted:

Those new supporter packs sure are... umm... supporter packs.

The armor set is cool but I think they went a liiiiittle over board with the blue fire effect

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
It powers up the boss, but also makes it drop more loot.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Qwertycoatl posted:

Am I an idiot for using Forbidden Taste?

Unless you have good chaos resist its probably doing more harm then good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Azran posted:

Okay, I need your help on this one guys.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/_AXARCA_/characters

My AvionDelChapecoense character is doing kinda bad in maps - she has Not Good DPS and survivability, and I want to know what can I do/buy to improve. What should I aim for? I haven't had an upgrade drop in a LONG time (at least not one with the right sockets).

You need a much better weapon. Try searching for at least like 400 physical dps, on a two handed sword that shouldn't cost too much. I'd aim for about 4k hp going into maps with capped elemental resists. Either get more flat hp from gear or get more passive nodes.