Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I wanna roll with a totem guy this season. My friends told me to level with Fire Totem and then switch to something else - what's the most fun? Warchief?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Eezee posted:

I honestly kind of like Righteous Fire totems. The build should be super cheap, since you don't need any good items at all to start out and you can get pretty strong if you invest some currency later on.

You could level with firestorm totems I guess, but I don't really see the point. Just using 2h Sunder or something will probably be faster and you can switch to totems as soon as you get an Inc AoE gem.

I did RF (without totems) on my last dude, so I think I'll just try out the grandpa totems. Cheers.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I keep getting one shot by uber lab izaro. I have almost 7k health (ancestral warchief berserker). What am I doing wrong, other than "getting hit"?

Do I just need to get good?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KoldPT/characters

It's the level 82 berserker.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

Rarity: Rare
Carrion Bloom
Viridian Jewel
--------
Item Level: 75
--------
17% increased Critical Strike Chance with One Handed Melee Weapons
+10 to Strength and Dexterity
7% increased Poison Duration
4% chance to Poison on Hit
+16% to Critical Strike Multiplier while Dual Wielding
--------
Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.
--------
Note: ~b/o 25 chaos

Is 25 chaos a good price for this?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
What's the standard for uber lab enchanting these days? I've been doing it for items that I plan to use, but I'd like to grab some white ilvl 84+ stuff to enchant.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I'm doing Warchief and got enough currency to finally afford a Disfavour.

The moment I do it, my friend asks me to link him my chest armor, so we can see what I should buy next. I hand it to him so he tries to put a 5-link in it. It 6 links immediately.

I tripled my DPS in an instant, and I was already doing red maps fairly comfortably.

This build is loving absurdly powerful and easy to play, I recommend it to anyone who's as bad as me.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Mister No posted:

So, currently on my first character that's been able to do maps beyond T1 and an Ambu's Charge drops. On a lark, I six socket it in like 10 jeweller's, link it in about 30 fusings, and get the colors i need on the first chrom. Wondering how much something like that would go for, because I don't think it's optimal for me but better than the jank I had. There's one other listed for 5 exalted but there's prob no way that's accurate.

Decent 6 links are easily worth that.

1500 fusing (guaranteed 6l from Vorici) is ~750c / ~8.5 exalted, so if any build uses that unique, 5 is not really very high.

KoldPT fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 1, 2018

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Good league, got the rare stuff out of the way (except all breachlords because that's too much effort). I'm not going to spend any significant time doing end-game content the next league unless they fix trading.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

basically they need to fix
a) there being no incentive to leave maps to trade, especially for lower priced items (maps, 1 alch-1chaos stuff)
b) price-fixing
c) how long it takes to get someone who will actually sell you what you want when you're going down the list (mostly related to point 1)

Automatic trading, at least for "commodities" like currency and maps, would help a lot, but I don't think they'll ever implement it :shrug:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

if its a week into league there's no way in hell i'm leaving my map for 1c.

this is a real problem, because most trade volume is of cheap items! every time you pm someone to get maps for atlas completions, or a cheap leveling unique, or whatever, it's very likely they won't bother to leave their map.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Dance Officer posted:

Hello everyone, I'm back again looking for advice on upgrades.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/danceofficer/characters/DancerTheze

I'd like advice on defensive upgrades, I'm on red maps now and it's getting pretty rippy. In terms of dee pee es I'm still doing ok. Budget is about 200c right now, if some sales go through it'll be about 300c.

Link an Increased Duration to your Immortal Call

Do Uber Lab asap to get your extra 10% "life taken from mana" node

Is there any reason you're not going for Ancestral Bond?

You're wasting a ton of gem slots on skills you aren't using, you can level those in the alternate weapon slots. I'd look into getting a Molten Shell - CWDT - Golem setup on your main hand, for example. that'd help you survive longer.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Dance Officer posted:

There's no need for AB. I have 4 totems through hiero and armor, and points are better spent somewhere else.

As for the gem slots, I simply don't/didn't need them, so I loaded them up with other crap to level up and sell.

I'm doing Dark Pact, but take a look at my character. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KoldPT/characters/emerarudosplash

The survivability increase I was missing to do Uber Atziri/Shaper/Guardians was getting a jewel with totem elemental resistances, my character's survivability was increased by not having to place risky totems.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

silvergoose posted:

Okay so if you remember me asking about what to get next in heavy strike juggs

I found a belly of the beast and another exalt and have kept selling poo poo, and I'm now up to 4ex 100c

This is definitely enough to buy a starforge, but not enough to buy a 6L starforge, and I'd have to sell ex at 72c each which is probably worth doing but :timingthemarket:

Should I just bite the bullet, sell three ex, buy a starforge, and maybe a jeweler's touch to 5L it? I'm consistently running yellow maps and wrecking them, and can beat uber lab reasonably well but not for full keys. Need more life and more damage, weirdly enough.

if someone's asking for a price in flat ex you can offer 4 ex and the rest in chaos and see if they take it

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Ultima66 posted:

I'll improve this later, but here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CExJ0FbS_HQ

Given the damage I deal this should be no problem to do deathless, if I weren't bad. So many awful deaths to walking into balls. Also had the double slam during the Elder donut and I wasn't really sure how to dodge.

Any other goon manage this before me? It's pretty far into the league for me to be first.

Congrats!

You're making me want to do a golems build next league. Was that your starter?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Is there a good primer on "Wander 101"? The power siphon changes seem really interesting. I know you want ot get a lot of projectiles going, but not much else. What classes are ideal?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Scags posted:

Are there any viable ranged attack totem builds? I was thinking about trying something with Scion and taking Heiro/deadeye ascendancies and having 3 totems all shooting out Burning Arrows (or something. Doesn't matter to me what skill.) I love the idea of turrets. I'm currently doing an arc totem heiro and it is really fun, but something about totems firing arrows is very appealing to me.

Siege Ballista is probably a better choice

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

Lol if you dont have poe lab.com open on another screen while doing lab to make it easy as gently caress

You can use https://www.poelab.com/lab-compass/ and you don't even have to have a tab open!

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Mapping is weird on this league. I have had to buy a ton of maps to get atlas completion (have 1 red total and all tiers up to 8 completed), and I still haven't gotten any real red map drops so I can progress to anything that would challenge my character.

Meanwhile I've made enough currency to buy a 6L belly and a set of adequate jewels for my build (facebreaker AW berserker).

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
What's everyone using to push high depth delves? Thinking about maybe rolling an alt for that purpose, as I feel berserker warchiefs is a little bit squishier than desirable for that.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Papercut posted:

Holy poo poo MS Jugg is fun.

What's the priority on purchases? I have around 30ex sitting around so I could easily afford +3 MS hat + 6L Loreweave, should those be my top priorities?

the hat is really QOL more than anything.

i'd say the most notable upgrades are, in this order
- a 6l
- xoph's
- 6l loreweave (80% res)
- 2 abyssal socket tombfist
- good abyssal jewels and an abysal belt
- +3 MS devoto/starkonja (whatever's cheaper)
- 23% or level 21 gems
- fancy crafting (-% fire res hat with MS enchant, reduced mana reservation shield instead of the unique, etc.)

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Papercut posted:

That's what it looks like all of the top poe.ninja builds are doing.

yep! I didn't bother with a watcher's eye because I was hoping to get one to drop, and am spending all my currency in random stuff like slamming gems and buying vaal orbs to do vaal + zana modded maps for the challenge. It was still enough to have uber elder on farm, with just 30 lgoh from rings.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

dyzzy posted:

I hit 36/40 (never saw an aul) finally so I think I'm done. Elehit is effective but I wish I'd picked a more fun build to grind end game with.

Which 4 did you skip?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Arivia posted:

I just made it to the epilogue for the first time. Is there a good starter guide on what to do now that I'm there?

Alternatively here's a Path of Building link if people have gear suggestions or whatever https://pastebin.com/xUf3ggWC

Follow Zana's storyline, essentially. Up until beating Shaper should be achievable by most builds - beating Uber Elder, not so much. If you're in league, keep delving down until you see all three bosses.

There's also plenty of optional content (getting a full atlas, doing the Prophecy/Breach/Harbinger/Abyss league bosses) you can take a look at doing.

In terms of your character I don't know much about that build, but easy upgrades:
- get a corrupted 5-link (or even 6-link) with the right colors. It's better than a Tabula!
- rub a transmutation on that quicksilver flask!
- you don't seem to be using all available gem slots. check your build guide for any suggestions they use, but easy and obvious upgrades would be: getting a golem, getting a cast when damage taken + immortal call setup, getting a good movement skill linked with Fortify and Faster Attacks (maybe even Blood Magic to deal with no-regen maps)

You can check out similar characters to yours on https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Raider&skill=Frost-Blades to get some ideas.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I'm thinking about frostbolt totems. I have the fancy vortex MTX and need an excuse to use it.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I made my own build this season. It's an impale-focused Shattering Steel Champion, using Starforge. It's not very good! I respecced into it from a boring-but-solid AW lab farmer which I used to farm 6 or so exalteds, and get an essence worm and tinkerskin for my friends.

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KoldPT/characters/LeroyMerlinJenkins

I've still got to level a bunch of new gems, and get a 6-link so I can actually use Brutality which is a stupidly high boost to my DPS. Does nayone have any advice for where I should go with this?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

get a 6 link so you can use brutality

also use VDS for bosses

Yep, already using VDS on my second 5l! Thinking about getting a 6l but they're still prettty expensive and I'm not sure if I'll be playing enough this league to farm a meta one (good rare / belly / loreweave) up.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Has anyone done the math out to figure out if a 26% + 14% mastercraft quality armor is easier to 6 link than a regular 26% one?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Insurrectionist posted:

I never thought about this until just now since I'm using Carcass Jack myself, but I guess 6L rare chests that have the space for crafting now includes throwing on a %quality craft first, then taking it off when you're done huh. That seems kinda weird if it works (and I don't see why it wouldn't) in so many ways. Like how linking rare chests becomes much easier than linking uniques. Or how you kinda want 5-mod rares with space for a quality craft over 6-mod rares even if the 6th mod is useful even beyond the flexibility of crafted mods. Or how you're even more incentivized to wait to try and 6L until you have tons of fuses and a very good chance of succeeding, rather than just saving up 100 or so and throwing them on, because swapping crafts can quickly end up costing a decent chunk of chaos.

Yep, that's what I'm feeling like right now. Probably gonna drop some 50c in fusings to add to the ones I've already got and hope to get that easy 6-link so I can start fossil crafting with Dense fossils. Even for a "final" mod, quality is still pretty great for ES builds, since it's yet another way to stack ES - I suppose that's why the Int+Quality craft costs a whole rear end exalted.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I'm 1100 fusings deep trying to 6L my 46%q armor and have blown through all of my currency. Next league I'm just gonna buy all my 6L again lmao

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

beejay posted:

Anyone want to take a look at my character and see what I could be doing differently? I feel like I got a little more squishy after getting the Loreweave although my max resists went up to 80 obviously. I have them all at least at 90% but plan to go higher to mitigate map effects. Other than that I had like +70 max life on my old chest and now +38 on the loreweave which shouldn't be a huge difference. My old chest was aimed at being directly replaced by the Loreweave, I didn't really lose anything by switching and gained all the unique effects. Actually the old chest had like 800 armour and the Lorewave has 452 but would that be a huge difference?

Character name is "Mothmann" - 91 chieftan, doing Consecrated Path.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/beejaywl/characters

The only thing that max resists won't benefit is physical damage, so it's natural you feel more squishy if you lost armor and life. Look into getting physical damage mitigation (basalt/granite flasks, endurance charges, immortal call on a cwdt) if you aren't already.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
When everyone was posting about the 1c item tab they were exclusively talking about rares

maps, fragments, and (outside of perfect rolls) uniques are effectively currency, with a fixed price that doesn't really vary that much and you can just go look up

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Lightning Trap is pretty cool! Running a pretty standard Tinkerskin Saboteur, with Spire for bosses. Blew a fuckload of currency crafting +1 trap gloves but it's cool because there's even MORE explosions.

I'm not very happy about the survivability, though. Maybe I should run Enfeeble + Steelskin in my CWDT?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Lightning Trap is a really fun build. I had only ever done a sabo with GC, which was my first shaper kill, but LT is just so easy and fun to clear maps with!

I kind of homebrewed my own build, using a staff (which I crafted myself) so I can eventually build towards two 6-links, which was pretty cool.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/KoldPT/EletroGuna (PoB is at https://pastebin.com/bv45hh3X)

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Hey, I'm pretty happy with the DPS on my Lightning Trap guy, but I'm not very comfortable with playing him in higher maps: being an evasion-based character means if I get dunked on by a stack of those little vaal statues (like happened to me when doing T16 Vaal Temple) I get pasted, which means I've been 70% of the way to leveling, then got shunted back to 0%. Vulnerability especially hurts.

Does anyone see any clear things to improve, other than crafting some better +1 Trap gloves and a higher rolled belt?

https://pastebin.com/YDC1w0n0

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Elephant Parade posted:

Looking for feedback on my terrible first-time build. I'm tired of melting in three seconds to anything that looks at me funny.

- cap your fire resistance, you're taking significantly more fire damage than you should
- take Constitution in the scion life wheel, it's only 4 points you can probably lose somewhere else (mana regen near arcane will + arcane guardian cluster, for example)
- in terms of damage, you usually either want to go crit or use elemental overload IMO. you're very close to elemental overload
- the small nodes next to Fire Walker kind of suck. consider alternate pathing
- do merciless and uber lab!

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I feel like I might roll a version of Vasudus's fireball ignite guy but crit-oriented, with two daggers with the + gem modifier. that seems like the most powerful way to make that build with the changes to staves

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Iterated a little bit on Vasudus's fireball tree to make it crit:
https://pastebin.com/M7eQX1t7 (no real gear, just two divinarius, a diamond flask, and a skin of the loyal to get a vague feel)

youtuber sirgog has a video analysis of the build up, but it's the non-crit version. this will probably end up being better for 95% of the playerbase, since getting two weapons with +1 fire / +1 all gems AND crit stats is probably going to be prohibitively expensive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FwETXbCIv4

with this tree, some cool notable anointings other than life %,

Verdant Oil Verdant Oil Azure Oil
Arsonist
+6% to Fire Damage over Time Multiplier
24% increased Fire Damage
Regenerate 1% of Life per second

Amber Oil Verdant Oil Golden Oil
Disciple of the Slaughter
+1 to Minimum Frenzy Charges
5% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill
5% increased Damage per Frenzy Charge

Sepia Oil Teal Oil Black Oil
Divine Judgement
+6% to Fire Damage over Time Multiplier
18% increased Elemental Damage
Damage Penetrates 5% Elemental Resistances
10% increased Effect of non-Damaging Ailments on Enemies

and spiritual aid, ofc

KoldPT fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Sep 6, 2019

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I think they hosed up the fix for the elder respawns because I died in a Uber trial and got sent to the hideout with one less portal.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Got insanely lucky with drops (2 exalted and a white 6L in a single day) this weekend, so I'm at a point with the crit fireball build where I can feel comfortable with posting a trip report. (currently doing t8-10 roughly)

https://pastebin.com/pX8EyhxR

there's a TON of room for improvement here (amulet and belt are leveling stuff, nothing here costs more than 10c other than the chest and the 21/23 vaal fb), but I can't help but feel like crit ignite still needs something build-enabling.

getting +2 gems is going to cost you multiple exalteds, and getting that along with crit stats doesn't seem feasible. furthermore, unless you take perfect agony, crit mult only affects a part of your damage; if you take perfect agony you're dumping your damage down!

the build feels very squishy even with EB/MoM. might be a better idea to get something more defensive than a skin of the loyal for your chest

i'm using scorching ray for single target + exposure + infused channeling but I barely ever use it. might be a better idea to use totems for it (i saw someone with multiple totems + sr, which seemed like a cool idea)

i don't feel the need for extra radius on the fireballs from the threshold gem, especially with a 23% vaal fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

extremely sick! does iron commander usually use an astramentis?