Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Svensken posted:

Next leqgue might actually be the league I not only play, but start with a totem character. New Storm Burst looks real drat good.

i joined halfway through betrayal and got into a bleed jugg flicker build.

totally want to make a storm brand build but storm burst does look good and cheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Social Media posted:

a minor note for anyone still playing: reflect works again:

Fixed a bug introduced in 3.5.3 where all sources of damage reflection modifiers did not reflect damage.

i just found this out on a flicker cold build doing 10k cold per hand

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
everyone is right. prices at start of league should be agreed upon and remain consistent throughout the the league duration.

the first tabula rasa should not be more than 5 chaos and if you price it above that... oh booy you are gonna get a pinch!!

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
should also ask if they figured out and able to fix that sometimes the betrayal fort is in an inaccessible location that either requires point-to-point teleportation skills or just flat out impossible to get to .

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

George posted:

So it's been bothering me how much they're invested in sexualizing Zana as some kind of PoE waifu, where there must always be an NPC longing for her and all that. I know I'm just mad about nerds here but all is forgiven if we can hook Niko up with Einhar.

her being an npc you constantly have to work with to access one of the major, game features reminds you repeatedly that she has a nice voice even after the 1000th time she tells wishes you luck about your maps.

she is also the only one that actually has the least flavor voicework of her talking about what happens in the worlds or even about herself besides she was a daddy's girl who wishes her daddy wasn't a tentacle beast. :sympathy:. :cthulhu:. the lack of actual topics makes her more prone for nerds to insert what they think she like into their personal mind-canon.

it also really doesn't help the devs just can't help writing other npc reactions to her that are not negative or even neutral. even Jun, who sees everyone as a threat to her order, just can't help to wonder what if Zana was interested in going out with her even to the point of creepily imagining them adopting kids together (while speaking with your character no less)

Zana started as a bland character and then turned into a perfect Mary Sue character who can do no wrong!!

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 26, 2019

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

rawk cawk posted:

Really hoping wave works like wise oak, in that if you have equal amounts of converted it'll apply exposure to both elements. Searched a bit on the reddit thread, but didn't see any elaboration on how that'll work.

it will be harder to do since any imbalance in elemental bonus over trees and items would screw it up.

if it is like wise oak, it would be very very hard to do

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Fister Roboto posted:

From a cosmetic standpoint, yes.

witch is the quickest character voice i turn off because its like mary poppins telling me how she will not, would not, could not, and perish the thought she cast something without mana.

repeatedly.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

frytechnician posted:

When I'm ready and not before.

the before is more like befOOOURE

the f is barely there lol

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

devilmouse posted:

That is the best news so far about this patch!

i dont get it. i see a ring with 3 pre and 3 suffix. that tier number is already visible in game now. are they saying the ilvl always rolls the best tier it can have?

edit: it was just explained. neat

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

hawowanlawow posted:

Yeah I thought he was talking about "crafts" in general and not master crafts.

It is kinda troubling that there is no master craft in the screenshot.

it would be nice to see it, but can't cram any more graham in that item

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Dance Officer posted:

Don't forget purity of elements exists if you don't have the gear to cap your resists.

also save all your bad unique rings until you have a literal inventory full of them and sell them all at once to get a loreweave

hahahaha it sucks doing it so much

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

In case you all forgot

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Clocks posted:

If possible, can I get a guild invite for Sarsinaia (either acct or char name, should work for either).

Any build suggestions? Tried stormbrand and totems in Betrayal.

glacial cascade keeps being brought up on a discord but not sure how you would build out for that (totems or what)

im going for this vortex/ci build that uses minion damage to boost your own damage with Spiritual Aid. i think minion damage items will be easier to buy than just flat %damage .

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Zero VGS posted:

I hate how the wiki doesn't have a simple list of all self-damage items.

- Scold's Bridle
- Gluttony belt
- Eye of Innocence
- Rat Cage
- Heartbound Loop

Is all I can think of but I'm sure there's more. If you're a supporter who designs a unique for the game and it doesn't involve self-damage or auto-triggering like Poet's Pen then why bother?

I want to design a dumb item that explores the meta in weird ways and also enforce my secret passion to trick people into wasting time to farm for Oro.

"The Long and Short"
Unique Belt
bullshit stats
For each each word in combined flavor text of equipped items, add 0.5 Bonus Spell Damage and 0.5 Bonus Attack Damage

"Who would actually write a book about a sword?"

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

its like fire an additional projectile but now skill

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

RossCo posted:

So here is a dumb question: I've put hundreds of hours into the game, and use most forms of crafting, but literally all I do with essences is drop them into my stash tab and leave them there.

When/how do people usually make use of them? Whilst leveling or when hitting 70-ish or what?

• don't want to waste a fossil
  • get a nice base like an opal ring with a good but not amazing ilvl
  • base has the shiiiiiitest rolls
  • scour then hit it with a essence that can have a good mod
  • maybe it works!
  • mostly it doesn't and you plonk it until you get some more exalts to burn to make something real good with crafting

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

BadMedic posted:

On one hand I don't want to go occultist cause everyone and their mother is going occultist this league...

On the other hand I learned a very painful lesson about making your own bespoke off meta builds in betrayal.
I should just stop being contrarian and accept the meta.

I'm going occultist but going for bonus minion damage with spirital aid which converts it to bonus to self. I'm hoping minion damage will be cheaper than common than cold/spell damage which i know will be blown out in price.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Lightning Knight posted:

The league mechanic feels kinda meh, pretty steep difficulty early on. But it has great drops. I got a chaos orb drop in act 1 lmao.

I started running past the enemies and looking for the stabilizers and then fighting them afterwards, I’m not sure if that’s what I’m meant to do. I haven’t tried slotting them into the memory map yet.

this is mainly what i do unless i see the memory is closing fast. then i might pop a blue pack but skip a yellow.

teleporting of some kind is critical. flame dash, blink arrow, lightning warp. you need something when the blue surrounds you.

but also aces on it picking stuff up in the memory and dropping it back outside when you get kicked out either on a accident or jumping into it when there nothing left to kill.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Cynic Jester posted:

Loot rooms bad. Most of the modifiers affect what monsters drop, so the chests in loot rooms are poo poo out of luck. You're better off making a long line of regular rooms with good modifiers, then hunting for memories to make those rooms absurd.

As to spawning more memories, you just need to complete rooms.

but if you want to top off your silver coin supply, look no further

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

whypick1 posted:

In the Customize section, go down to Leveling, disable the 3 link items. May also want to tinker with the Leveling Rares section.

also do it for armors since most weapons/some shields can only have three

but really, four linking a four slot is not hard with iust fuses. would even argue four socketing a thing is not hard either as long as you are picking up those six slot weapons and selling them for 7 jewelers

basically i pick up anything and ID it. if it has +life/+es then we're talking as long the other stats are not like +light radius

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 11, 2019

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
Man, reconsidering getting a quick "The Sacrifice" six-link sacrifical garb.

Looks awesome as hell and already six-linked.

But drat, the low and equal stat reqs (all 66) means that trying for 2 green and 4 blues is just about the worst.

Selious posted:

I've been running a Divine Ire occultist using this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2256327 as a general outline. Just for a different flavor of the build.

Here is my current (extremely garbage) setup, just getting into maps but not having any issues deleting content so far.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Selious/characters?charactername=MovesLikeGoku

Talking about deleting content watching some Bane players just is disgusting. One dude combined it with gloves with blight and it would wipe out screens of stuff.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 12, 2019

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Andy Dufresne posted:

The vorici calculator says it should take about 48 chromatics, tbh it doesn't sound all that bad.

I must have went through 60 already. Now the closest is 3 blue 3 green heh

No Safe Word posted:

Yeah, that's cake, try to get 4G 1R 1B on my Coming Calamity (144 INT) for me instead and I'll do your Sac Garb.

I will remember this. If it falls to that, then I'll let you know.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Flavahbeast posted:

these fuckers better not despawn before I can get to them, it took a while to collect the right eight puzzle pieces

I found you can't run more than two tiles back without it closing.

My advice on that fantastic setup is to run through and just do a huge link up while not triggering the modifiers. With six (plus the replacements you are doing) out of your inventory, you can then drop 6+ more especially on those yellow spots on the right.

This is unless you are max on memories.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

No Safe Word posted:

Yeah, that's cake, try to get 4G 1R 1B on my Coming Calamity (144 INT) for me instead and I'll do your Sac Garb.

Hey guy. Got your fresh garb!

I'm on my character "MISS_EFFIN_POPPINS" if you want to trade.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

No Safe Word posted:

I responded to your PM but I was saying I wanted a 4G 1R 1B Coming Calamity, not a sacrificial garb. For reference, getting the colors you wanted on your garb should be on average ~50 chromes, and for me it's ~3.9k chromes :stonk:

I can live with a 3G 1R 2B Coming Calamity though which is "only" 400 chromes.

my mistake. gently caress. it would be easy to get my four blues on that robe. yah, that will suck to get those colors you requested in that.

edit: I don't know why people say it's so easy to get four blues and two greens on this garb. The requirements give all colors a chance to jump in. Spent over 100 chromes on this.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 12, 2019

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Jay Rust posted:

I need help understanding how memory modifiers transfer across tiles.

"A" is in a square that says it'll offer a global modifier to every connected memory. "B" is getting it, but "C" and "D" do not seem to be getting it, and I'm not sure why.

if that is the case, then its one in every 8 directions if it is connected somehow.

nexus can't get mods so it doesnt get the mod.

that is my logic and you are stuck with it!

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

euphronius posted:

Making a new rare with some or all of true fractured mods makes sense. That’s how I thought would have worked.

i think what fractured allows you to do is find the stats that can double dip into into higher tiers easier.

using the #% increased Armour, Evasion and Energy Shield as an example, to get to the threshold of 1000 (the % is counted three times so a 100% increase to armor, evasion, and energy shield would be 300) to get the implicit of 10% less reserved mana for all buffs would require near perfect rolls for all three items to get.

but it is easier since some of the fractured items can double dip like my cold resist ring having a 35% only cold resist as the locked mod but also another ~35% only cold resist that just happened to roll unto it.

then hope the machine picks it is how i guess GGG would do things (by burning annuls )

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Elentor posted:

I definitely think leagues need to rotate mechanics.

im the person that loves all the content knowing they are optional and you just don't have to do them.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
just shut down the whole game! raze and salt the earth!

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I think the idea behind not doing the Chaos recipe is that you should be blitzing maps and only picking up a few choice bases to ID and then vendor

I could see doing it the first day or two for early capital - and while good mods on bad bases still have value - but at a certain point your bases will out level the chaos recipe into the regal recipe and that's really not worth it outside ssf

plus the time it takes could be better spent just alching and going

i am super dumb at pricing rares and found trademacro to be horrible.

" well wooooweeee! dis has life and item level 75+ .... a million chaos!!!"

the proof i am very stupid at this is when i posted something worth 20+ chaos for 1 chaos when i suddenly got five messages within seconds of posting.

chaos recipe is easier for me.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Ugato posted:

Honestly if they just straight ripped the collapsing mechanic out of the memories I’d like them a lot more.

if they remove the potholes on the route i would be 50% better with it. after doing a lot of runs i find that if you step ahead a bit and look at paths leading out the best route won't collapse at all while the paths that will collapse will start a bit.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Vasudus posted:

Assuming that you're talking a Zodiac Leather (197 dex) your best bet is to use the 1 blue option. The average is 128 attempts, costing over 500 chroms. Do note that this is the average, so you can expect to possibly spend considerably more than that. Chromatics are 10:1c.

What about doing the manual coloring if they have a lot of jewelers? Use "three sockets" (3 jewel) and then craft "At least 2 blue and one red" (100 chroms). Four sockets (10), then five sockets (70), and then six sockets (350) going back one # sockets if he happens to roll another non-green -or- just going straight to six assuming all colors are going to be green.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

McFrugal posted:

Don't use flares to kill monsters, just keep going past them. Use flares when you can't heal through the darkness damage anymore and need to recover flask charges. The walls that lead to hidden nodes can be pretty deep, you should probably have around 50% darkness resistance at that depth to comfortably reach one and get back to the crawler. Well, that or 4-5 flares, instead of the max of 3 you start with.

did they fix hidden paths being shared or is the below image still a thing?

if it isn't clear, its the same hidden room being shared by two nodes

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Valle posted:

Uh...what's the hidden room and how is it shared?

where the red lines intersect

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
einnie boy gave me a shav wraps today. now deciding to sell it since i like CI better and i would rather have one of those insane synthesis energy chest pieces im seeing

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I did some Nexus early until I realized the rewards were trash, then I just ignored it until I hit maps, at which point I deleted all those low level memories and started fresh.

IIRC the segments can only get 5 mods now but you can move them around, pack sizes went up, and I think the effects of each mod did? I'm totally ignoring the synthesis part right now, but I have been getting a lot of currency from my runs.

it's actually good map drops now. if you pull a dream from a map and then play it, it's like a mini-map you can play 2-3 times. One thing I wish is that the charges were set based on the level. Either all 3 charges for levels above a certain tier or 3 charges to all.

Something funny I found was this shield.

My reaction to it before figuring out about hybrid mods

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
Need some help pricing this. TradeMacro has literally no idea how to price it. Looking at POE trade is crazy wide in pricing for a similiar belt.

Rarity: Rare
Ghoul Locket
Leather Belt
--------
Requirements:
Level: 57
--------
Item Level: 75
--------
+27 to maximum Life
--------
+13 to maximum Energy Shield
+87 to maximum Life
+39% to Fire Resistance
+45% to Cold Resistance
+42% to Lightning Resistance
12% increased Damage (crafted)

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Draxion posted:

2-3 ex? My search terms were a minimum of 110 life, 35 fire resist, and 40 cold and lightning resists. There's four, all of them are in that range.

http://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/DGB3a7c5

I was doing the psuedo-resistance which was giving me the whole 85 chaos and stuff

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

RED TEXT BIG GUN posted:

Making folks come to the Nexus to trade is another pita thing from this league :-/

huh? why you making them do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

i can still taste him posted:

I played a couple of characters to maps. Compared to pc the major differences are: waaaaay slower load times on console, the trade system (and economy) on console sucks so hard, you can't pick up items in combat, and you wouldnt want to play any build that requires finesse aiming. It's acceptable, and free, but you should never play on console if you have a PC imo.

on ps4, you can replace the drive with an ssd or a hybrid (ssd+spinning metal) and that helps sometimes.