Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'd rather have Jason than John, but at least John voted for a change to policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What's more important? Standing up to the principle that the relationships of others should not be under public scrutiny and boycotting, or denying the bigots validation.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

open24hours posted:

Seems like boycotting it would achieve both of these things though.

If there is a boycott, a NO result is more likely. That's where the validation comes from.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

open24hours posted:

No matter what the result is those people are going to argue that it has vindicated their position. Even if it's a landslide in favour of SSM they'll still argue that it has 'exposed significant differences of opinion in the community and highlighted the need for a cautious approach' or whatever.

Are you talking about the bigots in parliament, or the bigots in the wider community. I was talking about the latter.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

HookShot posted:

Basically, everyone involved in buying property are total and complete morons.

When I was working indirectly in mortgage finance (online application software), this was the case. Brokers were idiots. Banks were idiots. .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Lid posted:

But changing the Marriage Act is going to affect everybody.

These loving weasel arguments. It's only been like this for 13 years.

• Locked thread