Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Jeff Sessions just can't help being so loving racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Life's been good to him so far.

I don't know if his kid would agree with that sentiment.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
My favorite podcasters are from Huntington, one of whom still lives there, and they do an annual drive for addiction care for the holidays.

At least they're trying, but yeah it seems pretty hopeless.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
They have a ton of podcasts, as they got on it when podcasting was new, like 2007(?).

Griffin is great on his own, him and Justin do a bunch of stuff for Polygon. Just watch the Polygon YouTube channel for it.

And the TV show is nothing like the podcast which is kinda disappointing because I listen to them to answer the question of ”what would it sound like if I worked at NPR with my dumb friends?"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Handsome Ralph posted:

So you know how for years you'd get far-left people screaming about how Madeleine Albright and Clinton were war criminals for enforcing the UN Sanctions against Saddam Hussein and Iraq because it resulted in half a million children dying?
Well turns out Saddam was full of poo poo and was doctoring child mortality reports to garner sympathy in hopes of getting the sanctions lifted as well as giving the West a black eye.

Saddam Hussein said sanctions killed 500,000 children. That was “a spectacular lie.”

Though the other side of the coin is that U.S. claims that the invasion and lifting of sanctions improved child mortality are false. The invasion and subsequent events have caused the mortality rate to get worse. :smith: all around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9muK2M36c

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

:trumppop:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

bird food bathtub posted:

Hopefully the world will be a better place when boomers die off. When they stop doing their level loving best to dismantle every advantage they had in the name of tax cuts they'll never see maybe we can get around to fixing poo poo for anyone south of a quarter million a year.

There's a 20 something officer my wife works with civilian dude who thinks millennials ruined everything.

They poisoned the well.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Sorry the Osprey is also pretty goddamn reliable in terms of airframes lost.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I list for alt-frog death.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Voting communist from the rooftops could be fun.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I just bought a house. Welp.

And regarding Nazis and klansmen, I say kill em all and let their Norse God sorry em out.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

LingcodKilla posted:

Ideally your conformed kills shouldn't get you the death penalty.

My hot take is that he'll walk.

:smith:

Maybe the murder 2 charge is the prosecution trying to get a conviction more likely, but plenty of people in the Justice system are complicit with this whole poo poo show.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Delizin posted:

Justice Department issued a subpoena seeking information about 1.3 million users who visited anti-Trump websites on a major web host. This actually occurred before the latest protests and seems to be focusing on people who were protesting Trump's inauguration.

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/346544-dreamhost-claims-doj-requesting-info-on-visitors-to-anti-trump-website

Jesus loving Christ. Impeach, you spineless loving cowards. This is literally Watergate 2.0.

How do we even begin to combat this?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

cyrano is bitchmade for not loving banning them

He hates violence... From many sides.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Why? gently caress him

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Another cop on my wall who thinks anyone who was at the counter protests deserved to die, as they are "against the government".

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

LingcodKilla posted:

That's the kind of comment that deserves being released to the media.

Oh he left it ambiguous enough.

quote:

People who hate government, call for disorder if people disagree with them, block roads and have proven themselves violent, quickly changed their mindset when the boogie man showed up and hurt them .Notice they all screamed for help from EMS and police. Ironic.

(uncensored car kill video)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Don't be a sucker!

Pretty progressive for 1943

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Suicide Watch posted:

When is the army renaming their bases that were named after Confederate generals? Benning, Bragg, Hill, Hood, Lee, Polk, etc.

Can't wait

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Missionary Positron posted:

Can't really find any sympathy for these assholes, so I'll just say :lol: instead. What the gently caress were they expecting?

gip.txt

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Pesticide20 posted:

I just want a Sherman statue where the horse he's riding has flaming hooves and breathes fire while Sherman swings a sword overhead that is also on fire.

Alternatively, set the South on fire

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
God this isn't good. Russia doesn't have a great track record with compromised assets and whether or not they're right in their assessment of our President, Russia is not our friend.

We should be John-McCain-concerned with the fallout from this.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Also I don't want there to be a piss tape because I don't think it's okay to be a liberal that then judges which are bad and good fetishes.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CommieGIR posted:

So...not concerned? Feign concerned?

Furrowed brow, deeply concerned, but goes along with what eventually passes without question anyway.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'd watch the poo poo out of this. Spanish cop is made ambassador to Ireland (I think that is what Canadian dude got). Terrorists attack. Two have a reluctant team up. Spanish guy all full of drive and action, firey and ready for a fight. Canadian, by the book badass.
Deleted scene of Canadian's mom calling during a firefight.

That's Hot Fuzz for the most part

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
B-b-but Colin Noir!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Well yea, that's their whole thing right? They aren't there to talk things out or have a reasoned discussion. Violent resistance is the reason they exist.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

FastestGunAlive posted:

How did bundy dudes avoid conviction once again? Was it more arrogance on the prosecutor's part, like the wilderness refuge trial last year, are they bad at selecting juries, or what?

Sovcits figured out actual magic words for legal defense: "jury nullification".

FastestGunAlive posted:

I'm just trying to picture what would happen if I as a brown dude took a good prone firing position and pointed my 308 at some cops/federal employees.

Better hope you live up to that name. And real talk, it's going to end with feds taking up harder lines with killing people, so goodbye de-escalation and negotiation.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Dead Reckoning posted:

I don't think we should make exceptions in cases we have sympathy for, because it erodes the idea of living in a nation of laws. See: jurors refusing to convict the Bundy ranchers.

This is exactly why this system is in place, so that ostensibly the will of the people can override the letter of the law.

That means you get Bundy's fundies running amok, but it also means DREAMers can get school.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Wonder if there's a way the pardon would backfire.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
We can't even get an impeachment started what the gently caress makes you think they're going to rally a constitutional convention in reaction to Joe "gently caress you brown people" Arpaio getting away with thumbing his nose at the courts.

You're loving naive to think anything other than loving violence matters. Allah ackbar hail Satan gently caress you.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
If he’ll pardon Arpaio, why wouldn’t Trump pardon those who ignore Robert Mueller?

WaPo posted:

Again: The pardon power is absolute. There aren’t many powers in the federal government about which that word applies, but pardoning is one of them. With that power, Trump can send a message about how and where he feels the rule of law should apply. Or, more accurately, Trump can shape how and where those rules apply. He can, as long as he has that power, grant immunity to anyone he wishes for any federal crime they commit.

For a person in his position, surrounded by a federal investigation into his campaign and his business, that’s got to be appealing. And his pardon of Arpaio makes quite clear that loyalty to Trump can prevail over loyalty to the law.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Who's watch McGregor get his poo poo pushed in tonight?

It's going to be a whale watch.

Most likely boring and unexciting, but I'm going to look in the event something exciting actually happens.

And I'm going to watch it illegally because gently caress the boxing commission.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Is this a SAW thing? Are you seriously doing SAW?

rock and Marty

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

LordNad posted:

So is his quote. Same episode

gently caress you I'm drunk thanks autocorrect

What the gently caress are you talking about

Your mom.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Also eat a dick shim congrats on the new job

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Arven posted:

I want to see him completely misread the room and talk to a group of flood victims about building the wall and how bigly he won Texas, only to get booed off the stage. Yeah, I know, the second part won't happen.

It could be the breaking point for a lot of people to talk about your election when grammas nursing home went underwater.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Being a former member of A&M corps, they really pound that good ole boy connection poo poo hard even when you're new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

milk milk lemonade posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/29/us/texas-saldivar-family-swept-away-ebof/index.html

I would definitely kill myself if I was the driver. Why the gently caress would you listen to your senile dad and get those kids killed holy poo poo

Hey. gently caress you.

• Locked thread