Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

facialimpediment posted:

Amazing how white supremacists are always ugly as hell.

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/892823218163113984

This man is 31 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The sanctions bill that we passed violated all of the terms of the Iran Nuke Deal and they're now free to spin up the centrifuges.

Say thanks to your local Democrat for almost unanimously voting for that poo poo.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

my kinda ape posted:

People were mad at Bernie for not voting for it (because he was afraid this would happen) and saying he was in bed with Russia lol

People are complete idiots who fell for it as a Russia bill when the plan was to scotch the nuke deal.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ded posted:

Wait wait wait. You mean Trump was RIGHT that the sanction bill was bad?

He's also right when he calls it unconstitutional. It's a bad bill that takes us out of step with the allies, doesn't do much to actually hurt Russia, scotches the Nuke Deal, and would never stand up in a court of law.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
My guess is that he's going to announce his trade war with China, but it's Trump so who honestly knows?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

I got cross-leveled to an Army Reserve unit from WV to deploy to Afghanistan. I had a whole year to get acquainted with the social maladies of West Virginians.

My girlfriend's parents live there now, but they're transplants from Virginia who moved there for the affordable mansions and conservative politics. Her dad is building a factory there, but is having a hard time finding people who can pass a drug test.

Every single story that I've read about WV talks about the outside employer who comes in to suck up all that cheap labor but can't find employees who can pass a drug test. It's almost a trope by now.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Missionary Positron posted:

Pretty much.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if some wingnut shoots up the NYT and/or WaPo offices :/

They're certainly doing their best to incite mass murder.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Minnesota is now bombing mosques, because killer cops aren't enough for this loving town anymore.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

cowboy elvis posted:

The US is going to find itself in an untenable position if we don't act fast. Civilian dogs will be pressed into service.

My dog is too dumb to sniff anything but butts.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Richard Bong posted:

I worry that it will just lead to some sharpened lightweight metals being put on the rotor leading edges of drones used to do something nefarious.

That should be a goddamn hanging offense.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Gorka's one of the slimiest piles of garbage to ever darken the halls of the White House.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I hope I can still shitpost in hell.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
North Korean nuke expert posts a picture of himself chugging red wine.

https://twitter.com/armscontrolwonk/status/895024614455115777

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/895970429734711298

Really loving that cold war-style nuclear brinksmanship is back in vogue

You guys are able to go from zero to "we are completely prepared to fight a major regional war" in three days? I take back a lot of what I said about the military.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

CommieGIR posted:

Terry will be first to die when the bombs hit.

Insha'allah.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TBeats posted:

Baby boomers really really loving like war

Do they have a complex about "the greatest generation ever" that fought ww2?

A lot of them were draft dodgers and feel like they never won their Red Badge of Courage so they compensate for it by being armchair warriors.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

hobbesmaster posted:

Too bad all those songs are racist as gently caress because otherwise it'd be great to use union songs to protest the confederates/nazis.

You've evidently never heard the best song about the greatest American.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSSn3NddwFQ

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Gore, But No Glory For Russia's Ukraine War 'Veterans'

Can't really find any sympathy for these assholes, so I'll just say :lol: instead. What the gently caress were they expecting?

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

Same bullshit they always tell people, though lol a 49-year old man falling for that.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Genocide Tendency posted:

Rick Wilson talked about the polls and the way they work that the lowest floor possible for any president was in the low 20s. Like. No matter what they do, any president will always have 1/5th of the country's support.

He also went on to explain that the over all poll is less important than the party poll. Which still has Trump north of 75%. Once that starts to free fall, then a President becomes a liability and needs to be jettisoned.

Which means unless House and Senate republicans suddenly grow a moral compass, even a tape of him loving his under age daughter won't matter. Because he isn't going below 75% regardless of what he does.

Though to be clear, 75% is still pretty piss poor for a party poll.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nine of Eight posted:

One of the most famous Quebec directors at the moment is Denis Villeneuve who had a few oscar worthy pics before making Arrivals last year.

If he doesn't gently caress-up the new Blade Runner he has a chance of devouring Ridley Scott and usurping his throne as Hollywood's middlebrow sci-fi king.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Oh poo poo.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Blind Rasputin posted:

I'm not in the military but what makes that hole bad? Water line? I think you guys have talked about how ships just don't need armor like in WW2 anymore but still blows me away how they crumple like a napkin when something happens. Like the Cole.. That was a big loving hole.

They got nailed pretty good by a 30000 ton tanker, I don't think that any warship ever floated could just shrug that off.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
https://mobile.twitter.com/RealAlex...6547%23lastpost

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Handsome Ralph posted:

A friend of mine is a Marine that works at HQMC. He said he might get roped into being a background piece for Trump's speech tonight.

So look forward to seeing Trump high five himself while surrounded by service members tonight.

2:1 he pardons Sheriff Joe on live TV.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm sure the Brits or the French have one. The Germans keep Napoleon's hat in the Deutsches Historisches.

The National Army Museum in the UK has a really stunning collection, including a massive diorama showing how troops were positioned at the beginning of the Battle of Waterloo

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Sergg posted:

I wonder how pissed Mattis is

Mattis wanted a build-up.

When are you people going to lose your goddamn boners for "Mad Dog"? He's competent, but He's just as committed to the loving forever war as any of them.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm half-expecting him to invade Western Pakistan.

I mean, gently caress Pakistan but that's a terrible idea.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Divers have found some of the missing sailors from the McCain. No word on how many.

Remains Found in Search for US Sailors Missing After Collision

:smith:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Genocide Tendency posted:

The explanation I get is that people who served with/under him have nothing but good things to say. Also he is one of 3 adults in the room when it comes to the Trump clown show.

All of the adults in the room want us in a war in Afghanistan forever and Iran next year. Even the adults in the room are insane.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Who's watch McGregor get his poo poo pushed in tonight?

I can watch a 2 minute video on YouTube tomorrow without paying $90.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

suboptimal posted:

https://twitter.com/ericmorrow11/status/901783684918988800

Holy poo poo. And there's still so much rain to come, too.

The bayous and branch of a river that Houston uses to drain the water that falls on the city are expected to become one giant lake sometime today or tomorrow. Meaning that they'll stop draining water out of the city and start flooding it back in.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

If my two day old knowledge of Houston geography is correct, that's the side of town closest to the bayous and the river, where the floodwaters are highest.

Handsome Ralph posted:

:lol:
https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/902245776977518594

I think it might be dawning on ol' Sheriff Joe that this pardon might not be the saving grace he thought it was.

I admit that my knowledge of man-law isn't that great, but I don't think that's how pardons work.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

I have no clue what the appeal of those things is. Growing up, the churches I went to always had tight-knit communities. How do you get that when the congregation is the size of a large town and the church has a food court?

Does it have a bar?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

facialimpediment posted:

Mattis to Trump: go gently caress your Transgender Ban, I'm putting together a study and implementation plan/panel like we normally do. Until then, continue to gently caress yourself and nothing is changing.

https://twitter.com/jeremyherb/status/902674630892290048

Sounds like Mattis wants to run out the clock or let the court system do the job, or at worst, try to convince Trump otherwise.

I am slightly less skeptical of Mattis.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

So when the nazis crawl back into their swamps, you expect these antifa shitheads to just sift back into society?

Most of them would rather gently caress around with their friends and go to concerts and get drunk than brawl in the streets.

Source: I used to be one of those shitheads.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

I don't know why the gently caress everything thinks I'm equating the two. I'm more curious about "what happens next" because I have a hard time just believing everything is going to settle down when the white supremacists figure out that today isn't their day.

Most will peel off and join groups like the DSA or Food Not Bombs or go back to regular activism, there might be a core that tries Black Bloc tactics at big globalization events but the cops are pretty good at beating the dogshit out of those guys so they never amount to much.

Think of Antifa as the white blood cell reaction of the body politic to the rise of the hard right. When the disease is beaten back, they tend to fade back into the body.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

CSPAM is starting to turn into LF, geez.

LF was never that drunk.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

https://twitter.com/TMJ4Steve/status/903351964104314881

I wonder if there's a story about to be published, or if he's getting that job in the Trump admin

Either he wants to sell his bullshit full-time, or some big poo poo is coming down the pipe. Hope for the poo poo, Clarke is a disgusting rear end in a top hat.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Haha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Middle-aged nurse tells you that you're not touching the patient without a warrant, just get the loving warrant. Anyone who thinks that she's going to change her mind or cave when the admins are backing her is too stupid to be a cop.

• Locked thread