Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Somebody had a bit of fun with a hacked digital billboard

FastestGunAlive posted:

Not as big headline as all the good poo poo on this page but thought it was funny

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/02/neo-confederacy-dukes-of-hazzard-cooters-last-stand-215450

"The pro wrestling match on Sunday featured a lumbering, baby-faced villain who wore a Hillary Clinton shirt and "trash talked" about clean air protections, sanctuary cities for immigrants and, most heinous of all, his hatred of the Confederate flag.

"All those stupid flags gotta come down!" taunted the 37-year-old wrestler, whose real name is Daniel Richards, a real estate agent in Richmond. The crowd booed as he pranced around in briefs emblazoned with "Progressive Liberal" across his rear end."

I don't know if this has been posted before, but wrestling heel Progressive Liberal is a legit cool dude. He just gives his own progressive views (with a dickish spin) to be a villain for the Appalachian wrestling fans. They take it so seriously that one of the wrestling officials pretends to feed him talking points, in an attempt to protect him from getting jumped after wrestling matches.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...achian-circuit/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Hexyflexy posted:

I don't even understand how that works. My mum was a soldier, my grandad was and a bunch of my other relatives, and while I've ended up a mathematician, I can't work out how the gently caress you wash out that quickly. I'm a lard rear end and I'm pretty sure I could outlast that.

It's all intellectual. US Army basic training is 9 weeks in length (10, technically, but the first week doesn't officially involve physical training, drill or classwork). That's enough time for even the most physically unprepared recruit to train to the standards required of American soldiers.

If the dude washed out of BCT, either he gave up and allowed himself to fail out, or he was too mentally ill to meet standards.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Basic training tends to be collaborative. If a recruit is a fuckup, everyone in the platoon/flight/whatever will be punished. This tends to mean that everyone covers down for the lovely recruits. Way back in the day when I went through basic, we had some absolute turds who probably shouldn't have graduated. Borderline retards with no ability to learn or adapt. They made it through because everyone else made their beds, folded their laundry, tutored them, etc. We didn't like them, we just didn't want the group punishment that would accompany their failure to meet standards.

What I'm getting at is, how much of a fuckup do you need to be before your buddies stop covering for you and let you fail publicly?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Blind Rasputin posted:

Where's that meme someone made with him in it?

e:f;b

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Man, I spent the whole day working in an attic, with my phone out in my car. I always know I'm in for a treat when I see ~100 new posts here.

Also

Lol if it takes you more than ten minutes to buy a pistol from your local gun store, just lol. Bunch of gippers living in states that care about public safety.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

The Fat Leonard trial claims a victim. A Navy commander pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the Navy, and is looking at up to 5 years and $250,000 in fines.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/us/us-navy-singapore-bribery/index.html

LingcodKilla posted:

1944? That's barely any time to kill some Nazis.

Woo!

Brother.

I agree, 1942 *was* a better year. Our Nazi killers were manufactured a month apart.

I bought it from CMP to display over my mantle. Never got ammo, never fired it. Never thought I would need to.

Guess I'll be stocking up on Godholio's ammo recs.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

BadOptics posted:

June was the cancellation of the Paris Climate Agreement, Qatar getting hosed by the GCC, and Trump making GBS threads on the mayor of London. Huh.

Edit: Also the "new" travel ban.

And Comey's testimony before the Senate + McCain's (tumor?) rambling.

Edit: this morning, the Secretary of the Air Force sent out a rather pointed email to all airmen about how "integrity" is the first and most important value expected of airmen, and attached a letter from Secdef Mattis (dated a few days before the Charlottesville rally) reminding servicemembers to behave ethically at all times.

As noted earlier in this thread, the overriding sentiment on the part of service chiefs/secretaries tends to be "stay out of it" when it comes to domestic matters.

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 17, 2017

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Smiling Jack posted:

remember when 2008 swept in a permanent democratic majority because people were so upset with the republicans

or remember when Trump's campaign crashed because he sexually assaulted women and mocked a gold star family

there is always more, the electorate is always worse, the future is the democrats loving up forever

And of course, voting is done secretly. As it should be. But as a consequence, half the people who say Trump's latest faux pas is a dealbreaker will still vote for him when nobody's watching. Just like they did the last time. Party above all.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

We're only a year away from someone enlisting to die in afghanistan that was born after 9/11.

http://www.theonion.com/article/soldier-excited-take-over-fathers-old-afghanistan--56731

http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/01/afghan-war/

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I was in junior high school when 9/11 happened. And that I was 24 when I deployed to Afghanistan with the Army. And that some of the kids there now legit don't have any memories of 2001 whatsoever.

gently caress, man. This war's going to outlive me.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/RealSheriffJoe/status/84007696554139648

I really really hope something happens from pardoning this piece of poo poo

That's a parody account, right?

Right?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

BigDave posted:

:mad: OK, so the Red Cross will misuse my donation and the Salvation Army hates gays. Is there anyone else?

Dum Cumpster posted:

What's a better option? I feel like Doctors Without Boarders might not feel like coming to save Americans for some reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_response_to_Hurricane_Katrina

Perhaps Mexico will feel generous again. Last time, they sent several hundred service members, helicopters, trucks, and a Navy ship north to engage in search and rescue, first aid, debris cleanup, and food distribution.

Or, perhaps the president will keep tweeting about the border wall.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I wish we made police/mwd harnesses for smaller dogs. The smallest dog you're fitting in one of our harnesses is a young german or malinois.

I would love a corgi police dog walking in here for a fitting.

CBP has you covered on tiny police dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Professor Bling posted:

Like that's ever been a fuckin thing hahahahaha

Hey. That's hurtful. My department requires a GED. We recruit only the best and the brightest.

• Locked thread