Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Oompa loompa doopity dun

Holy gently caress that's some notifications

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I live in Florida and I can't even explain it. There are fuckups all over the US, but the ones here in Florida seem to be in a competition that the fuckups in the other states don't evenq know about to be the biggest fuckups in the United States.

It's because it takes a lot of loving up to be run out of queens.

Florida is like one eternal episode of always sunny except the gang is 20 million people. Or whatever the population is.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

They'd better get on board with making the latter day scouts

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. 

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Mueller better write a book when this is done

He's required to report to congress when he gets fired by whatever Rick Perry replaces sessions, so there will be a book one way or another, office budget governs how much can be covered up.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bengy81 posted:

Valentine NE is directly south of one of the poorest (Rosebud) Indian reservations in the country. Might be the poorest??? But I'm not sure. Anyhow, it's hard to be too down on yourself when all you have to do is drive North of town to find third world levels of poverty and realize that at least you aren't dealing with that directly.

It's not too bad of a place to be though. Kind of a nice little town, and there is a decent bar that isn't overrun with drunk Indians.

Fake Edit: I've had a lot of extended family end up dead and/or in jail thanks to the meth epidemic in poo poo hole Nebraska towns like North Platte and Scottsbluff, so I think it's kind of amusing that somebody would move out there to get away from it.

Valentine is a bizarre little town because there's a real sense of "this is the end of the line" to it when you're headed to the Merritt Reservoir, which is a good half hour away. Once you're over the first hill past town you lose mobile data, but by the time you get there you probably haven't had any signal worth a drat for at least an hour. There's some little stores there, nothing big but more than enough to stock up on ice and food, since the little store at the park is really barebones. We tended to just use the oversized convenience store attached to the McDonald's since they had everything we needed and stayed open later.

It's a very nice drive though. Terrain stops being flat cornfields and becomes a weird humped morass covered in what looks like landlocked seagrass and you get the district feeling that it was some ancient supersized tidal shallows some millions of years ago. Big rocky hills here and there, pronghorns bounding along over wire fences, etc. The reservoir is similarly strange because of the juxtaposition of obviously deciduous trees along a white sand beach. I recommend taking the northerly route out of Omaha rather than taking I-80 West and cutting North at whatever interval, since you're getting away from almost everything if you're headed that way and it helps to ease that cutoff since you're passing through progressively smaller and more isolated towns until you pass Valentine after which there are no more.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Aug 7, 2017

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sergg posted:

Joe Scarborough was in a band and then he was a criminal defense lawyer. He was never in the military.

Many people, however, serve whole careers in the military without killing anyone much less an intern.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

weed booze gambling and :krad: fashion

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I miss that orchestra warm up sound the PS3 made when you turned it on.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Stultus Maximus posted:

I know nothing about football so until I googled the name, this was a much more surreal tweet.

He's an out of shape diabetic who throws to the wrong team all the time. People photoshopped him as chain-smoking everywhere and nobody even thought about it being fake.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/NatEnquirer/status/895298930166177792

The owner of the National Enquirer is a close friend of Trump.

So the distancing begins. Has trump forgotten he ever met flynn yet?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ceiling fan posted:

And jacking up the standard deduction is a wash in states with an income tax while it gives a huge tax cut in the states without an income tax.

Say, don't states without an income tax usually vote Republican?

Florida, but largely for lack of candidates since the FL Dem party is pretty much a bunch of shuffleboard and cataract visor types who have been in their roles since Nixon. It went for Obama twice but Bush before that and Trump after so I would hesitate to call it even all that swingy but it has the potential to send Dems to Washington even if they have none to send to Tally.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

I count this as the first sex scandal of the Trump Administration.

Jason Miller, chinless wonder and one of Trump's original liars, was basically a shoe-in to be Communications Director after Trump became President. He backed out of the administration and took a CNN commentator position because of rumors that he cheated on his wife on the road with another campaign surrogate, A.J. Delgado. He basically said that he needed to spend more time with his family.

AND WE HAVE A LOVE CHILD!

http://pagesix.com/2017/08/09/ex-trump-staffers-reveal-love-child-after-campaign-trail-sex-scandal/amp/

ANOTHER loving MILLER

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

do you think stephen miller ever got laid

gently caress no

the only thing he got even from hookers was refunds

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

31 year old virgin who looks 40

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Not as good as her family sounding like a loving funeral though

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Professor Bling posted:

Kind of wish some black bloc motherfuckers would bring gasoline balloons to the next one

Burning Nazis is probably pretty close to as fun as punching them

Molotovs made of nail polish remover instead of gas

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Casimir Radon posted:

I hope we all live so these fucks can be labled as pariahs for the rest of their miserable lives.

If their sudden fall from comfort drives them into opioids and they leave this mortal coil as another barf-covered OD in the bathroom as their family is waiting with cake and presents in the kitchen that would be okay too pariah or not.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

maffew buildings posted:

Heard on NPR vaccines for addiction are being worked on. Nowhere near human trials, going to cost a lot, require multiple doses a year, would be opioid specific ie vaxed for smack, do oxy instead. Maybe we could use that money to help people in depressed areas have better quality of life or something, idk. Cool.

lol if it gets taken up by some shkreli type who spikes the price so high it's unaffordable for everyone except rich ibiza-goers who want to make sure they can hit the land of nod over vacation without coming back as a junkie.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Professor Bling posted:

.357Sig supremacy. Modern hipster round for the modern hipster WWII reboot

.45ACP

It did the job before and it'll drat well do it again

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DAS Super! posted:

gently caress it. Roll with the bullet of the revolution 7.62.

A solid option too but the Russian connection might give some the wrong idea.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Looked on the CMP's website and it said the bill passed, but they haven't heard poo poo beyond that yet.

Lol it can be like that falling down scene except the nazi is hogtied and you're sniffing the slide of this beat to poo poo 1911 like "SMELL THAT? THIS GUN'S BEEN FIRED, IT KNOWS THE TASTE OF NAZI BLOOD"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BadOptics posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ra9cXx1-o

Then we'll all go down to Dixie,
Away, away,
Each Dixie boy must understand
That he must mind his Uncle Sam,
Away, away,
And we'll all go down to Dixie.
Away, away,
And we'll all go down to Dixie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrYlR6RwRCw

Hurrah, hurrah, we bring the jubilee!
Hurrah, hurrah, the flag that makes you free

So we sang the chorus from Atlanta to the sea,
While we were marching through Georgia

So we made a thoroughfare for freedom and her train,
Sixty miles in latitude, three hundred to the main;
Treason fled before us, for resistance was in vain
While we were marching through Georgiaaaaa

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/897173485226786817

because the guys fighting the IJA tooth and nail up suribachi on iwo jima are exactly the same as the band of hickass fuckers who invaded Pennsylvania to send free black people back south in chains, obviously.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

This owns, Taney was a sack of poo poo.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Third World Reggin posted:

my favorite description of a garand is a fedora for gun owners

That's a 10/22 with $3k of aftermarket poo poo on it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

They do know there's currently a slave-owning secessionist proto-state that's currently at war right now, right? I mean it wouldn't look good at all to join that cause but I'm sure they'd let them blow themselves up somewhere or something

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Handsome Ralph posted:

John Schindler is triggered by all your alt-left invaded Normandy memes.
https://twitter.com/20committee/status/897864402346668032

EDIT: Like, he's not wrong...but it's a dumb hill to fight on right now.

The dumb hill to fight on was the one on which the nazis tried stepping to the late Senator Daniel "HOLY gently caress" Inouye.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeris posted:

Charge all trump voters with treason imo

Considering many of them proudly fly the flag of an enemy belligerent there's definitely some premeditation there before they voted for him.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

:tfrxmas:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Occupy Wall Street was a weird fusion of left-wing and right-wing, with some young guys who were the first to livestream protests at OWS back then drifting over into the alt-right in 2015-2016. I think they were Ron Paul libertarians at the time. Now they worship Pinochet and joke about throwing communists out of helicopters. Ideological evolution is a hell of a thing.

I also remember living in Austin and listening to Alex Jones on the radio (on FM radio there!) about how the "1776 patriots" needed to join OWS and steer it toward Ending Da Fed.

Think of it like an "all roads lead to Alex Jones/RT" kind of thing because it's a coordinated operation to put a thumb on the scale of opposition media and wedge them apart.

Like sure you may start at Bush stealing 2000 but by 2004 you're pretty sure he took advantage of 9/11 so he could steal oil and impress his dad, so maybe it's possible he let it happen, no, he made it happen. All the while those ideas get reinforced by Naomi Klein, Glenn Greenwald, WikiLeaks, RT, and Alex Jones. Sure maybe you aren't on board with chemtrails and weather control but soon enough you're drat sure the bilderbergs run everything and all media is a control system designed to present an illusion opposite reality so everything that gets said in well-sourced journalism is definitely a flat lie and only underground "safe" sources like Infowars, Prison Planet, WikiLeaks, and RT are the truth. Hell, they're the only truth out there, what they publish is the truth.

It's unrealistically cynical but I've seen that slide - Ron Paul, audit the fed, bankers control everything, fake money if it's not gold, the loving final war is on us and only Alex Jones knows it's coming hnnnggghhh. It's all designed to convince people that they're neo trapped in the matrix for lack of a better word.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

milk milk lemonade posted:

That ain't lip service. That's trying to get out of being loving slaughtered in 2018

Edit: Republicans have to hate this motherfucker right now. Gonna get insane before the end of the year

I'm still not trusting midterm turnout though. Noisy tweets are just that but answering polling sure as poo poo ain't the same as putting the controller down and taking the time to go vote and that's not counting the flaming hoops that are gonna be in the way of anyone not lily as gently caress.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

LingcodKilla posted:

I think I said this a day or two ago but what the ever living gently caress...

No this is a different ship

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

So... Greasy little swastikas everywhere?

Goddamn paprika on everything

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lol the Brandon Clements stream is the essence of BOHICA right now.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dead Reckoning posted:

I don't think we should make exceptions in cases we have sympathy for, because it erodes the idea of living in a nation of laws. See: jurors refusing to convict the Bundy ranchers.

restricting the supreme court to a legislative OCR machine erodes their constitutional role in checking the power of the legislature and executive.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Blind Rasputin posted:

The Dallas shooter wouldn't have been a problem if they had CAS.

If the shooter had CAS?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vasudus posted:

I telework on any snow day. The highway outside my apartment turns into The Fury Road (but snowy!) so I don't even bother. My first two months here it snowed 2 inches and I went in to work, people sounded like I had just swam across the ocean.

This is my life as well, any accumulation turns this city (Omaha) into a nightmare and the mayor is always like "We didn't see it coming"

Which I could buy if this was, say, Tampa.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CommieGIR posted:

Devos' brother, head of Blackwater, was implicated that he killed employees in order to prevent a Government investigation, as well as ran a campaign to kill as many Muslims as possible as part of a Evangelical Christian Crusade.

https://www.thenation.com/article/blackwater-founder-implicated-murder/

Gonna guess they pick up lots of people who get kicked out during basic for being obnoxiously racist in front of the wrong people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Godholio posted:

So when the nazis crawl back into their swamps, you expect these antifa shitheads to just sift back into society?

Is it too much to ask for them to continue pursuit into the swamps on a campaign of eradication?

• Locked thread