Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

That thing would make me want to dress like a soldier in a Godzilla movie all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Holy poo poo I want that :black101:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

KakerMix posted:

This one is 2WD

Am I misunderstanding the page or was this auction 15 hours ago and didn't sell for $465?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Goddamn I would want it even if it didn’t drive for that little money. How much can you safely assume the shipping and fees would add on to the east coast? Like $3000? I’m also asking because I just got a guy at work interested by showing him a bunch of land cruiser pictures from this thread.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Cool thanks for the info and this thread n general.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Did anyone see the auction for the van that looked a little like this:

I didn’t even catch the model but I’ve been trying to find it again with no luck and now the auction might have ended 😭

It was too funny to not share with friends.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Double thanks for the updates. I was just bemoaning to friends that I hadn’t put in a bid on that hearse I don’t need, glad it actually did get bid up.

And that van is great too, I might end up with some ridiculous Japanese car sometime if they keep posting such crazy stuff.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Is there an easy way to search for emergency vehicles on Japan car direct? So far I’m finding the search kinda clumsy but that seems typical for Japanese sites.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

What is that mirror for?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’ve been surprised at how few jdm vehicles I spot in nyc but here’s a cutie

That’s the kind of thing that keeps me reading this thread.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

As far as JDM 4x4 vans go, would either the hiace or the Delica have an advantage over the other in terms of access to parts and mechanics who would have any idea what they were looking at?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

That power house logo is great

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I loving LOVE those hearses. They’re all business in the front, party in the back.

The last one had a blingier gold but this one has more character in the front end I think.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

You Am I posted:

They were sold in Australia back in the mid to late 80s. Make great mobile eskies/ice boxes

Like a cooler full of beer?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

How do the lists work on japancardirect? I save things to list A and nothing shows up. Am I doing something wrong or is their site as bad as I think it is?

also

KakerMix posted:

holy poo poo

that thing rules

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Nohearum posted:

I think I'm in love...

Price is $9500. I wonder how much it cost them from auction.

KakerMix posted:

There is no way they spent more than 3500 at auction for that.

Late, but if you assume $3k for all the fees, and if they made sure it was running well, then it’s not a crazy price? Am I wrong?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I thought it was Autogland!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Is there a way to import Taiwanese LHD delicas? :allears:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Is it unusual for there to be no 93 or earlier Delicas on JCD? Their search makes me insane and I feel like I must be doing something wrong.

On the other hand, I did see this sweet lifted 95 with maybe something strange going on in the center console:

https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-bq3P7HwLKDYm2FC.htm

e-also, link that video!

ee- ok I see one under Delica Wagon

Snowy fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 9, 2018

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Also kind of looks like a can of low expansion insulation foam blew up

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The Nissan Safari looks pretty cool

https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-06zN4e8LL4hCb2a.htm

Also this Sunny truck is pretty badass. I'd be tempted to get one of the ridiculously modified Japanese cars or trucks for myself sometime as bad of an idea as that probably is.

https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-lwW7sbwkrduMmrg.htm

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Fermented Tinal posted:

Buy a shinto hearse, it's like the one thing Kaker doesn't seem willing to go for despite the fact they are awesome.

I love those so much! Anyone know offhand which models I should be searching for to see the most hearses?

A few months ago when one popped up in this thread I was showing the pictures around at work but almost nobody thought they looked amazingly cool. “Ehh the front end is a little plain”- I work with some boring dorks.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ok dumb question-what is the point of the ABCD lists on JCD if the cars are cleared from it as soon as an auction is over? Is it really just for cars you might buy without providing any way to keep track later? Seems like you just have to bookmark the url to have any chance of seeing the auction results.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Riller posted:

I've never used the lists, but when I ask Yoshi for translation of a sheet, he always responds with the lot number, and you can look that up on the Auction Statistics page. That page also shows you the sale price (if available) for particular models in the past 3 months. Just do the advanced search and select "sold" criteria. That's what I usually use to gauge pricing for a particular vehicle/grade/mileage. I haven't watched them all, but I know that JCD has a few YouTube videos that cover using the search engine and its various features.

Awesome thank you I'll check out the videos :)

Also I hope to one day have a van as ridiculous as this

https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-HtUZkbwAa1IAI.htm

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Larrymer posted:

A Beat or AZ-1 would be the only things I'd consider but still not worth it for me at least. And I'm American sized so :v:

Yeah I’d love an az1 but doubt I’d fit being 6’3”.

Are any of the smaller jdm cars especially good for tall people? Parking here in nyc would be a dream.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Gaddamn the Jimnys are tempting. Looking at the statistics it seems like the prices are pretty low, maybe that’s due to how many there are?

I’d love to have one that’s modified to poo poo with those tractor wheels and all but I guess that’s not the shrewdest move.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

THE CLIMAX OF 4WD

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'm old and all, so I like looking at the 70's-early 80's stuff. Came across this Corolla which was our family car when I was a kid, same color scheme and all but when we had it I NEVER thought we had a cool car. We also had a white 77 or 78 Celica, slightly cooler back then. I'd love to have a sexy version of one of those cars some day.

https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-3h5LhlkUxQinpy4.htm

Snowy fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 13, 2018

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Hope some occasional "ooh look at this" posts are ok.

Because this is so sexy

https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-HBqIXy0tJ4tt2.htm

and this is adorable

https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-tyH2adTx4XCqhiM.htm

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’m not good at google translate

Le Old public miso
this crawling of
voice
ya, two
oral
to
Seoul

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Midjack posted:

Everyone forgets you can use eBay like that too.

Yeah it's crazy, there's never a good reason to put a bid in before the last second if you can help it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Midjack posted:

I can't be bothered to :f5:, I just put in the max I'm willing to pay when I see the auction. Someone else wants it worse, too bad for me!

I just use an auction sniper when it matters

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Anyone have a ballpark idea how much the total shipping/asst fees might be to have a camper like this sent over?

https://auc.japancardirect.com/st-2eQEkUEdIlgY3q4.htm

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

KakerMix posted:

You sure that the date shown on the sheet there (5th year of reign, 12 for December) is the manufactured date and not the registration date? The Rugger says December as well but was actually manufactured in August so it's legal for import.

Is the manufacture date usually what’s on the sheet? Or do you have to get that from JCD or inspection?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

There’s no reason I should expect a lot of posts in this thread but I’m always loving psyched when there are :)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

BlackMK4 posted:

There are apparently shops in Japan that will handle picking a car up from auction and doing maint/mods/manual swap before shipping it off to you.

Know of any that do work on Jimnys?

Also what is this kind of roof called, and does it help much with headroom? Any tall guys here tried both types?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

KakerMix posted:

Downside is you'd have to make a custom luggage rack if you want one as the OEM one from Suzuki doesn't fit the high roof.

Was the high roof an OEM option?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I love this Jimny https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-sWPBWVWHdIkaLU.htm

I think I'm going to be ok when I finally go for one because I most likely won't be going after the most desirable models- I don't like 90's graphics and I like some of the crazy japanese mods.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

KakerMix posted:

First, don't ever talk to me and my extreme radical son ever again.

Second, you'll have your pick then because most of the ones out there will have the graphics removed and will be lifted with the hate-it-badly bumpers installed. See on the back of this one, how it has the OEM bumper removed? That means there is no place to put the license plate anymore. So, they drill directly into the rear door in 5 places. Two for the mounting of the aftermarket light on the center left there, plus a center hole to run the wiring for it. Next two holes to mount the license plate itself which covers up the 'Jimny' badge on the back mostly. That's fine just be aware that if you are anywhere with any sort of winter salty stuff you will want to make sure that the inner door panel is protected against the rust. You can easily get to the inside of the rear door, there are two panels held on by screws on the interior rear door panel.
As far as mods go that bumper isn't high on my list, but if it's not too hard to winterize the holes as you say, then it's not so bad. I may be a heathen but I don't mind covering badges.

quote:

Also prices seem to be about the same between nice original condition ones and nice modified condition ones.

That's cool, because then I get some legit japanese mods for free!

quote:

On another note I just passed ~dealership training~ and the test itself was a joke. The material to get to the point of taking the test was not though, so there is that. I reckon by the end of this week I will be a real-deal operating used car dealer in the state of Florida.

Congrats!!! Hope I get to stop by sometime, and good luck with the biz! And thanks for the great thread :kimchi:

Snowy fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Lots of taller cars have them in Japan, especially if they're tall or spend a lot of time getting street-parked.

You also get a lot of dome mirrors on the hatches on the back too.

Weird that nobody does that here in nyc :confused: