Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Eric Cantor losing his reelection bid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
chicagoans.txt

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that time several republican governors turned down federal money for rail projects because it came from obama

We could've had a high speed link from chicago to the twin cities by now. loving walker.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Roy Moore's wife, in response to being called racist, triumphantly announcing that one of their lawyers was a jew.

If i remember correctly none of their legal team was jewish but i can't be hosed to look that up.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Jesus christ there are multiple people in the comments saying that autonomous cars will save us.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
that's a better outcome than if you had taken too many.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

Just remembered in the Hillary documentary when they ask her why she didn't come out to concede on election night she's pretend playing with her phone and just goes "didn't feel like it" and they don't go any further with it.

Wait for real?

poo poo i might need to watch that

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

uber_stoat posted:

that time a couple Trumpies poisoned themselves by ingesting aquarium cleaner because they thought President Trump told them to.

if I remember that turned out to be the wife killing her husband right?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

StashAugustine posted:

Nobody died in the incident that started the 30YW because the window was right above a huge pile of poo poo

If you're protestant scum, yeah, but good Catholics know that the fall was divinely slowed.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Harry Reid building the NRA a gun range with federal money, after which they endorsed his opponent.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bored Online posted:

that gross kennedy lost his congressional run

a democratic worker on the failson kennedys campaign described his loss to the senior citizen incumbent as "voters being distracted by shiny new things" because the previously centrist incumbent had tacked ever so slightly left after he realized he'd been sold out by the party and left to die.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Look we all believe in the economy, which is obviously fake. Why is negatively cursing people through pieces of their body so hard to believe?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
We've got a hot Lincoln in Chicago called baberaham lincoln.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
What.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Jeffrey Archer's best-seller First Among Equals from 1984 ended with queen Elisabeth II retiring and Charles becoming king.

"When published in the United States, the novel was rewritten to eliminate the character of Andrew Fraser. The Fraser character eventually departs the Labour Party to join the breakaway Social Democratic Party. According to Archer, the change was made because the publisher did not believe an American audience could understand a multi-party political system."

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Private Cumshoe posted:

whose father was a literal nazi

And he still made an anti nazi statement stronger than anything from inside his party

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lib and let die posted:

posting this so i can emptyquote it later when i remember that lol hunter biden had an incest baby with his cousinpimp

What

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Bill Clinton slapped his name on a political thriller book starring the president where the president's wife was dead.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
They now run one of the biggest health systems in the country!

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
The news article after the bible posed filled with quotes from people excitedly proclaiming that the president had done a Jericho walk and ensured the doom of his enemies

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dustcat posted:

the marx bros did all right for themselves and would have been s tier posters if posting had been invented

Lady I like my keyboard but I take my hands off it every once in a while

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

Hilary Clinton was on the news and she said that black children were basically feral and called them “super predators” and people still think she would make a good leader

how can you say this without posting a clip

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Hold on there pardner, we talk about Chyna in the doomsday economics thread and how much the US sucks in the Eurasia thread.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Laterite posted:

30-50 feral hogs guy and the subsequent discourse of libs dunking on him

then it turns out feral hogs really are a huge problem in the south

Man I remember how that was just the libs and only the libs and not a single person other than the libs. Every proud leftist poster just calmly nodding and immediately saying "yes feral hogs are a problem in the south volume three of das kapital goes into that"

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Makes me think of that video with the wolves saying hi to someone who knew them from pups and all of them licked inside her mouth, apparently that's wolf etiquette and not letting them do it is Bad in a way that you don't want with wolves

Uh politics thing, Ted Cruz eating a weird booger in a debate

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
they're taking it back

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
that one mom tweeting the unbelievably gay picture of her US navy son and saying "my straight son can't find any girls"

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lib and let die posted:

Posting this so I can emptyquote it in 2024

That time the Democrats let their voterfile and organizing database get sold to private capital and the first thing that happened was a 10% reduction in workforce and the Democrats ate poo poo with record low engagement as a result

Is this a thing that happened right now? Got an article?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Eat This Glob posted:

magneto could 9/11 every skyscraper in the world but doesn't, because he's not as evil as george w. bush

Magneto started a volcano in moscow

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

moist turtleneck posted:

Scott walkers no good idiot foxconn deal that allowed foxconn to pull from the Great lakes and dump water back into them with zero oversight and basically zero new jobs for locals

the month after this when every Chicago mainstream news source was praising the deal to the heavens and angrily wondering why our state couldn't land deals like this

the slow trickle of bad news about the project basically confirming all the naysayers

the business papers running post--mortems with zero self reflection on how they'd all been cheering for it.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

more falafel please posted:

the trib has always been a neoliberal rag

the tribune endorsing Obama as their first-ever democratic candidate pick because he was from Chicago.

the tribune editor who wished for a Katrina to hit Chicago so that we could rebuild better

just the tribune editorial board in general and for all time

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

KORNOLOGY posted:

Can you post a #1 absolute fav?

no but this is the one that made me laugh the hardest recently

https://www.chicagotribune.com/opin...2vyq-story.html

quote:

On West Winnemac Avenue in Chicago’s Lincoln Square neighborhood stands the kind of four-bedroom house to which a growing family could aspire. There’s an old brick exterior, a finished basement, a small deck and a newly redone kitchen. The exterior hardly will draw attention, homes press on either side of this single lot and one of the house’s bedrooms is in the basement, but this still looks like a nice place for a young family who wants to raise kids in the city. It’s near a lovely park.

As of Wednesday, that 3,158-square-foot property was listed for $1.05 million on Realtor.com which puts it in the crosshairs of Mayor Brandon Johnson’s proposed new “mansion tax,” even though describing this sweet but quotidian home as a mansion is patently absurd.

for context the proposed tax would be on real estate sales for more than a million.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Zerg Mans posted:

I imagine their favorite part of Katrina is that it ended all public schools in New Orleans to this day

Almost literally what was in the editorial lol.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/opin...813-column.html

quote:

Residents overthrew a corrupt government. A new mayor slashed the city budget, forced unpaid furloughs, cut positions, detonated labor contracts. New Orleans' City Hall got leaner and more efficient. Dilapidated buildings were torn down. Public housing got rebuilt. Governments were consolidated.

An underperforming public school system saw a complete makeover. A new schools chief, Paul Vallas, designed a school system with the flexibility of an entrepreneur. No restrictive mandates from the city or the state. No demands from teacher unions to abide. Instead, he created the nation's first free-market education system.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Leck posted:

then he lost two mayoral races

one of the funniest parts of the mayoral election leadup and aftermath was people declaring that Brandon Johnson was unqualified to run a city and we should go with Paul loving Vallas, a man who has done nothing but fail and con money in every single public sector job he has ever held.

oh that reminds me, when the count started to clearly trend against Vallas on election night and multiple reporters were tweeting that the Vallas watch party had quietly asked the bagpipers they'd hired to go home since they wouldn't match the mood.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
please clap these cheeks

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Goddamn and you know those have to be her actual favorites because no consultant would have suggested those two books.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Someone remind me, what was the thing where the US ran computer simulations on a war, and our side kept losing but we went ahead anyway

that I don't believe ever happened

you might be referring to that whole thing with the war game where the rules were ignored by a general who did things like "my motorcycle communications are instant and uninterceptable" and when the referee stopped him he threw a giant poo poo fit to the media about it that was seized on by everyone looking to prove that the US military would IGNORE THE RULES to WIN ITS OWN GAME because they didn't know the purpose or point of most wargame exercises.

which always annoys me because there are so, so many things you can rightfully mock the military for but everyone goes with the meme

edit: there's also been many instances of actual people going "yo we're not going to win this" but politics happens and we get a shitton of people killed anyway

Benagain has issued a correction as of 22:00 on Oct 19, 2023

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Private Cumshoe posted:

possibly ONLY president to be in Stormy Daniels

Clinton and Trump are absolutely eskimo brothers.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Trump initially attempting to take credit for and encourage a vaccine and then immediately backpedaling after his base refused it in lockstep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

fun idea: find a single federal politician, regardless of party, who thinks anything kissinger did was wrong or disagrees with him

bernie? fetterman? the squad? all the faves love him. maybe i should too

Following the example of the Chinese communist party gives me hope for our elected officials