Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Krazyface posted:

cruz/fiorina 2016
I have the button. It's a prized possession just like my official Jeb! button.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I had this ongoing joke in my mind where Comedy Central's executives forgot it existed and accidentally never cancelled it and it just wrapped up its 13th season.

Echo Chamber has issued a correction as of 19:27 on Mar 9, 2021

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Random fact I just remembered:

Madame Tussauds London doesn't automatically make a statue for the current prime minister at all instances. Only when they "win" an election. Neville Chamberlain and Gordon Brown didn't get one. Theresa May only got one after her embarrassing pyrrhic victory. They already had one for BoJo.

Edit content: Bronies for Ron Paul

Echo Chamber has issued a correction as of 17:37 on Oct 17, 2019

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Alvin Greene

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Dave Sirota saying that obvious that Beto sucks and nobody really likes him, and libs melting down over it.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Beto launching his presidential campaign with an Annie Leibovitz Vanity Fair cover.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Kaniela Ing being essentially cpsam's Jon Ossoff for like a week or two, and even dragging AOC to Hawaii to campaign for his impressive 6% of the primary vote result.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Ben Carson being the frontrunner and getting Secret Service protection

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
#cruzsexscandal

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
ivanka trump endorsing juicero machines

edit:
https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/715648874346520576?s=20

Echo Chamber has issued a correction as of 18:56 on Nov 5, 2019

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
that one research paper with a math error that justified austerity around the globe

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Rick Scott refusing to debate Charlie Crist because he had a fan in the podium blowing air into his balls.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Mark Sanford just dropped out of the his nominal challenge to Trump.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Al Roker pooping his pants in the White House.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Michael Moore's reputation around the time of Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11 was weird.

He was seen as the standard bearer of both left-wing activism and American liberalism in general. He was successfully framed (indirectly) as a toxic, partisan figure that Obama-types wanted to elevate themselves above.

It's only during the Obama and post-Obama periods where it became apparent for many people that Moore's politics were closer to the fringes of American liberalism rather than its center.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Arnold Schwarzenegger being a nazi sympathizer who was essentially metooed during his gubernatorial campaign yet nonetheless winning.

And later styling himself as a Republican Never Trumper.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Animal-Mother posted:

His father was an actual Nazi and he hated him.
https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4289999,00.html
"I admired Hitler, for instance, because he came from being a little man with almost no formal education, up to power,"

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
ben affleck strongarming henry louis gates to cover up his slave-owning ancestors (not really political, but gates-related...)

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

CongoJack posted:

That senator from idaho that got caught being gay in the bathroom of the airport and when he got caught he asked the cops if being a US senator would help him out.
That bathroom temporarily became a popular tourist site at the airport until they remodeled it.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Canadian shock jocks tricking Sarah Palin into a crank phone call pretending to be Nicolas Sarkozy, and Palin not picking up on all the obvious clues.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
George Bush hopping on an airplane so he can fly back to DC and sign some bill to prolong Terri Schiavo's braindead life for a few weeks.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The wave of fake young lesbian bloggers around 2010 being outed as old, straight, sweaty men.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://twitter.com/MICHAELfilm94/status/1108211267452440576?s=20

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I was digging through some old stuff.

https://twitter.com/tatered/status/1042070814479138816?s=20

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I thought it was hosed up how Martha Stewart was mentioned as positive example by Snoop for not snitching on others in her financial crimes. Granted; I'm not too familiar with the case.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

TheWeepingHorse posted:

George W. Bush nominated Harriet Miers, his White House Counsel and former attorney in other matters, to the Supreme Court of the United States. Her nomination was considered an unmitigated disaster by both parties, in large part because she had no judicial experience, no elite schooling, and because she had never averred to being an originalist or strict constructionist.

The kerfuffle seems so quaint in retrospect.
I had a friend who believed Miers was a cover and set up to fail so Bush could then appoint a right wing hardliner.

Of course, this implies Bush was able to play 12-D chess, so I don't believe it.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

frankenfreak posted:

I can't imagine posting here and yet having remained a pure soul untouched by Fight Song.
https://youtu.be/5FvyGydc8no

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The ticket may have lasted a little more than a week, but I'm glad I grabbed an official Cruz/Fiorina 2016 button off ebay when I had the chance.

I'm sad I didn't get an official Jindal "J" button.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://twitter.com/Seinfeld2000/status/663398271205965824?s=20

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Fantastic Flyer posted:

lol'ing at the memory that Rand Paul was in constant pain for several weeks
Same, but for me with Amy Chua during the Kavanaugh hearings.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Hopkins FBI posted:

The people behind the Mueller, She Wrote podcast having to talk their listeners out of harming themselves when the report came out.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol maddow getting the summary of Trump's taxes but it being like 1 age and worthless

It's Mueller Time
Even Colbert, who largely already pivoted to McResistance jokes, committed a cold opening to mocking her.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Mitt Romney's favorite book is Battlefield Earth.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Ted Cruz having at least five mistresses.