Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Remember Trump saying the fundamentals of the economy are good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Ppl comparing ladies to Dany will never stop being funny because she's a total fuckin incompetent who is demanding to be in charge because of who she is and not her actual accomplishments or beliefs

She's also basically a metaphor for American imperialism St this point

But it's her turrrrrn

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Retromancer posted:

when columbine happened the country freaked out for like 2 years. Now deadlier shootings take place like every other week and as a nation we’re just numb to it and can’t even muster outrage or try to take action anymore.

lol.

We just need artisnal hand crafted mass murder to brush our sophisticated modern outrage pallettes

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Trump touching the globalist orb.

Alex Jones defending it

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

We all still suffer from his lovely browser extension. It isn't even funny like the snake people one

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Wtf, weird-rear end Midwest states? Who said you could have barbeque. Louisiana was bad enough

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Glambags posted:

Ashcroft covering statute titties

also: Jeb!

Lol at every accidentally apt metaphor in the bush administration

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
"I believe this quote comes from the pokiemon movie"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

zegermans posted:

why the gently caress would you tip at a chipotle

Because you're a politician running for office at a restaurant.

Literally every one of the fucks has a handler who makes sure there's a 100% tip at every place they stop

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Probably even tump

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Remember when banks were too big to fail, and the government's solution to them failing was to lend money for a buy out into an even bigger bank

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
All president-food media flipouts: Dijon mustard, broccoli, two scoops of ice cream. Oh no!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

paul_soccer10 posted:

Lol troops everything is always the God drat troops

Don't worry, those troops are loyal to Rome and stay on their side of the Rubicon

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

whomupclicklike posted:

Obama and the peas

I think I missed this one

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Al Gore actually being somewhat responsible for the internet and not going to the Hague for it

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Intelligent design was in the 21st century

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

This was the very peak of fear that he was running because that's the only reason anyone ever eats pork tenderloins in Iowa

Does dating someone from Iowa count? It's still baseless pandering then.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Just remembered "now watch this drive"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Also John Edwards had a baby with another woman while his wife was dying if cancer while running for president

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

I don't understand this. It seems like literal nonsense. How does an opponent not always want you to resign. How is a shithead from your own party an "opponent".

I get that it's someone being dumb about Corbyn in 2016, but what are they even saying

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Imagine how bitter Americans would be about it to this day of we'd ever suffered civilian casualties like we freely dish out

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Herman Cain's "everything is 9% tax rate" policy

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Aliquid posted:

herman-cain-reverse-smile.gif

Since I haven't seen it

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Dick Cheney taking the heart of a young child

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

zegermans posted:

Steve Jobs basically stole his liver to rent a few months of life.

Lol, treat cancer with medicine?

No! fruit and stolen organs!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Barack Obama being the antiwar candidate

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Filthy Hans posted:

Nixon committing treason by secretly creating a pact with North Vietnam to maintain hostilities until he was elected in return for better terms when hostilities ceased

It was actually South Vietnam he made the deal with.

Guess they won out from that deal.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Kim not showing up to negotiations with Trump owning both libs who argued negotiations were bad because Trump and conservatives who thought Trump could solve a real problem

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Vanilla Ice posted:

In 2012, poor word choice about finding women candidates for political appointment was controversial.

In 2016, bragging about sexual assault was a winning strategy. How far we've come! #MeToo

Romney's only problem was that he was a boring rear end in a top hat

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Filthy Hans posted:

No

"Corporations are people too" was a deeply repulsive stand to take and probably would have dogged him incessantly even if the rest of his campaign wasn't a series of unfortunate events

He actively antagonized 99% of the voting public with that one

Sure but Donald Trump antagonized more people more directly. Romney could have won with the same level of contempt for Americans merely by being more vibrant and less honest

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

frankenfreak posted:

I still imagine this looking like some classic slapstick scene where they bounce into each other trying to get into the other car, squeeze onto the backseat of one car together and then slap each other until one falls back out etc. pp.

I like the idea of art laffer trying to convince the cabby that if the taxis don't lower their prices people will just choose to stay at the airport forever.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

System Metternich posted:

When my hometown's government paid 5000€ of taxpayer money to a feng shui expert to check our castle's basement for ghosts because the mayor's dog wouldn't stop barking down there

When the separatist Bavaria Party campaigned outside of Bavaria with posters reading "you want to get rid of us too, right?"

When Gerhard Schröder blew all his chances of maybe somehow salvaging the 2005 election by getting drunk and rambling live on tv while Merkel next to him suddenly realises that she's got it in the bag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR3ZJ1Lun1I

Lol remember when your country elected a convict whose prior experience in politics was getting in drunk brawls outside of beer halls and writing a book about how hard it was to be him?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Economists' Brokeback Mountain cover

I can't get past the fact that they chose two really awful movies from that year to pointlessly reference

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Team America came out in 2004
Kung Fu Panda came out in 2008
Brokeback Mountain came out in 2005

That Economist cover came out in 2013

It's always dumber than you give it credit for

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Saddam setting the oil rigs on fire to own the US.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

honestly yeah the whole Hillary Bought the Onion thing was pretty dumb

The onion literally being bought sucks balls though

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the onion still owns though so i supremely doubit it was bought by bad libs

It totally was, but there hasn't been enough staff turnover for it to show yet

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
What's really lolworthy about those graphs is they are merely dishonest representation of real facts, where today cynically just making poo poo up is half of people's news sources

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

jerry seinfel posted:

that time people thought the gorilla channel was real because the bar is that low trump

Remember when people thought the piss tape was real because it was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
That time a million and a half assholes started purely political "education non-profit" organizations in the wake of citizens united then made a scandal of being audited