Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How much of the main storyline events are changeable in this? Actually I'm mostly just wondering if it's possible for Phoibe to not die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:rip:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe they could have focus grouped an auto save that works more often :mad:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Should have made you sit through a list of ships at the start imo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think I'll ever stop finding 'cutscene ends, everyone is suddenly REAL surprised you're standing there' funny

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Once you're over 50 is it actually worth putting points into the 1% gains over abilities or is that just for if you really have nothing else to do with them?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think I should have left the Atlantis stuff until last, that definitely felt like the end of the game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'If you have that kind of talent just call me Pandora!' Oh my god

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's funny when you're hiding in a bush and the AI 'knows' you're there but isn't allowed to pinpoint you exactly so it just keeps wandering and spinning around in the vague hope you'll get bored.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Haha yeah

Less amusing was realising they moved around every time you fast travelled when I only needed to kill one more to get to Tier 1 :saddowns:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I dunno what I'm missing for this stupid 'reveal all sub-areas' trophy :mad:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The season pass is on sale right now

On PS4

On the EU store

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Which reminds me are the ports of AssCreed 3 and Liberation you get with it actually out?

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jan 9, 2019

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is it not possible to have enough evidence to prove one of the Spartan kings or did I mess up somewhere?

Mr Scumbag posted:

Early March, I believe.

Cheers

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat it I tried not killing Lagos but he attacked me anyway

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well I finally finished all the main story missions at a hair under 90 hours, I'll probably do the two location trophies I need for platinum then call it a day. Decent game, did not need to be 90 hours long.

Was there a way for Brasidas to survive I missed?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I pissed him off, I was even trying to do his plan the second time but, uh, it didn't work out :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got the happy families ending and tbh it felt kind of anti-climatic and unearned. It didn't help that Deimos switched from being in pre-final boss speech mode to 'oh okay I guess I'll just come with you then' in like a nanosecond.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ah this all locations trophy can gently caress off, I've literally sailed around the world 20 times just give it to meeeee

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

OMfuckingG

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wouldn't have killed the fart boar without bow + dodging a lot

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you explore the labyrinth you can find the fathers body with a ring on it you can give to the kid.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol the Amazon set is so overpowered with the 5% damage dealt restored as health. You’re basically immortal.

Best looking set IMO though

Oddly familiar looking set....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jimbot posted:

Every time I go there I get attacked by chickens. There's something very wrong with that island.

You just reminded me of chicken island with the alpha chicken lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nucular Carmul posted:

Okay fine. My terms annoyed you. That's fair. Explain to me why, a romance in a DLC, not even the main story, a DLC, gets an apology within two days, but all these other WAY WAY WAY worse things that the video game industry does, they just carry on, often acting like we're entitled little shits just for complaining. What about this specific issue makes it so important to respond to it when all of our other story, gameplay or other concerns get ignored, we get poo poo like "well this was our artistic vision" or non apologies like oh we're so sorry you didn't get it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mr Scumbag posted:

They guy's a jackass but if you honestly think their intention with the achievement name was to "telling them that their same sex flings are just a phase and it's time to Grow Up" rather than actually being tone deaf and not thinking through the possible implications and interpretations of the name, you're being disingenuous and bending over backwards to look at things in the worst possible way.

It's interpretations like that that weaken the criticism of the DLC, not strengthen it.

It doesn't matter what their intentions were if the end result sucked rear end

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There no full stealth bonus as far as I'm aware and if there is I never got one

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Being able to level up the spear is the last new game mechanic they introduce iirc, you're probably not far off that if you just beeline the story?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, that poo poo was a lot easier in earlier games because there was a minimap with a big red 'don't loving step here' red square.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played for 90 hours and never even hit the old level cap so I wouldn't worry about it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Alchenar posted:

Japan is just such low hanging fruit I don't know why they aren't doing it.

Pretty sure they've mentioned that they'll never do it because it's the most obvious thing ever.

At least Ghosts of Tsushima might be out this year.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat that still sucks rear end lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes, the only one that I remember

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just think if Odyssey is AssCreed 2 to Origins AssCreed 1, the next game will be 3....

E: I forgot there were actually two games in between 2 & 3

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Any Indiana Jones references yet?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I tried playing Unity like six months ago and decided it was the worst in the series, movement and combat were the clunkiest they've ever been and then I got stuck in a tree during the first proper assassination mission and uninstalled it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drkeiscool posted:

does the ac3 remaster still look like poo poo

Yeah it's AC3

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drkeiscool posted:

why do companies even make lovely remasters like this then? why don't they just patch the old game, and put in on sale for :10bux: or something, wouldn't that be a better way to make a quick buck?

Because you can't patch a PS3 game to work on PS4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hah yeah it took me like 90 to platinum the base game. At least five of those were wandering over every single scrap of land looking for the one place I'd missed for the 'go everywhere' trophy though. Turned out to be a tiny strip in Sparta that counts as its own area for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Black King Conga posted:

Don't know if this is the right thread but since it's the same series anyway, I'll go on ahead.

I've always sorta wanted to try out AC Unity but steered clear due to what I have read. I can get it for a very cheap price now but wanted to know if it's worth a playthrough. Should I still stay away from this game?

I'll be playing on a PS4 as well if that matters.

I have played every AssCreed game apart from the PSP one and beaten most of them and Unity is the only one that was so poo poo I stopped playing after an hour.