Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I seldom have big criticisms to make of TWI but this whole denouement was extremely unneeded, how the gently caress do you make that apocalyptic night, NOT the finale? I don't give a gently caress about alteslian and terandrian nobles having their destiny stolen.

[edited in spoiler tags out of caution--mod]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

LLSix posted:

I'd like to share a RR webseries I've been reading for over 2 years now.

Elder Cultivator
This is my favorite bed time story. It helps me fall asleep. The writing style is incredibly dry and boring, even when cool things happen. Perfect for winding down at the end of a day. The author has been diligently updating 5 days a week and is now on chapter 844 without having missed a day or taken a break. Usually only getting a handful of comments on each chapter. I'm really impressed by their dedication. Now that I've thoroughly scared you off, let me talk it up a little. It has none of the usual horrible tropes of Cultivation stories. The MC actively fights against slavery and at no point owns any slaves. Women are treated with respect and dignity. There is no harem. The good guys consistently attempt peaceful solutions before resorting to killing all the bad dudes. Even after conflict breaks out, the good guys remain good guys and don't indulge in warcrimes.

The last few months the author has been improving. Some of their new chapters are even exciting. This has rather ruined its utility as a soporific, but it's nice to see someone's hard work pay off this way.

Heck, yeah. Represent!

Hey listen, this is dry? but it's good. Thanks for the rec.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

That line about the whiff was straight up cruel

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

2x Public chapters of Insanity

Some big lore drops - not entirely surprising - but good lord if I was ever tempted to drop money on that story I'd do it now because that's a helluva cliffhanger to make us wait two weeks on

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Kyoujin posted:

Super supportive 121 Bye Manon lol. You reap what you sow, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC0DKieA4sk

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I like Ss, but it's very much not friendly to non patreon readers in here, so I overall agree it should be moved to its own thread.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Stubborn skill grinder is just, genuinely, a funny story.

Absolutely everyone's just genuinely frustrated by this dumb as hell kid who's somehow lucked into a formula that with more time to come will see him substantially more powerful than the gods.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I was sad I reached the end and there wasn't anymore. The guy's thicker than two planks of wood slapped together, but he's not stupid.

Haystack posted:

I'm legitimately looking forward to whatever dumb bullshit ability he gets out of his cleaning spree.

What is cleaning but applied eradication?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

90s Cringe Rock posted:

But, Orodan was an idiot, and he was stubborn. He persisted and refused to stop.

:hai:

e: “Who the hells is he?!”

That was genuinely a great chapter. Having practically everyone go "what the gently caress is this guys deal" was great.