Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

In other news, I got a weird bug in the open area in Uncharted: LL where one of the walls seemed to have blown up prematurely and the medal behind it didn't spawn. Like I'm not sure where else it would be and there isn't a comment about it being missing so I think I just got a weird error. It was the next to last one I needed too but now it looks like I'm starting from the top

Between this and Wayforward sending out time locked codes for content that was already a week late, this has not been a great day for me and video games. :(

I don't know if it's this one but with one of medals the enemies have already gotten there before you and it's in a weapons crate on a truck after you kill them all

There's no puzzle or anything and I think Nadine is like "drat they got here before us, where could it be"

But if you solved a puzzle/had to do platforming and there's no medal then yeah idk that's probably a glitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

I'll double check before I restart, but as I said, I got no comment about it being missing, and I also got this thing where I reloaded my save and the wall came back, but when I blew it up, it would get blown away but I couldn't go through it and the medal still wasn't there.

Yeah I guess it's a bug or something then, that sucks. I don't think there's ever a wall in the one I'm thinking of because it's already been blown up

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They're bringing Dead Rising 4 to PS4 am I right in remembering it was bad

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

It's like Dead Rising if you focus-grouped it to death until every last ounce of what made the first two games unique was removed. Also the real ending is DLC.

The Colonel posted:

i've seen less positivity on it than i saw for dr3

Ostentatious posted:

it wasn't good

Maybe I'll just buy Dead Rising 1 the next time I see it on sale (I only played 2)

e: oh it's on sale now

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

idk if I could live with myself if I paid money for a game and played it for 5 minutes

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's fine they said he can join the 'hypesquad'

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was always hoping they would port RE4 to Vita because a handheld version would be cool but maybe they'll put it on Switch

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

Mmo trends and loot boxes will be the death of video games.

single player games ftw

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Single player games are full of obnoxious loot and chest systems now

Nintendo games ftw

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They are usually not very good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do they give you those charts or did you do it yourself

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

The guy playing is really bad but the game itself looks terrible because they just seem to throw a constant fuckton of enemies at you rather than crafting a decent, challenging level.

I think it was originally a boss rush game but people got mad so they made...that

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

There should be a game called RPG Character Creator where you spend your playtime endlessly customizing all the little details about your dude with rich origin stories and features, then you send him out on a quest and the rest of the game is automated for you. After a few days or so you can check back and see how he did.

Isn't that kind of like Tomodachi Life

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I saw a video of a neural network or something learning super mario world by dying at every obstacle a million times, maybe it's like that

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdJefkTfPBU

Note that the eyebrows I used as his mustache teleport when he smiles.

my best so far is 180 yards :c00l:

https://gfycat.com/BadShrillCusimanse

But I played like 60+ hours of the vita Everybody's Golf and I got maybe 20 of those homing shots ever (and i still haven't gotten one in this version) I'm really bad at hitting the pin

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Have any cool horror games come out in the past year or two that I can play on console

I was gonna just replay Siren but it'd be cool to have something new (I still haven't played RE7 so maybe I'll get on that also I've already played Until Dawn/Alien Isolation)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not new but the remake of White Day came out recently and is apparently okay if you don't mind a bit of 2004 jank still present.
Also I've heard good things about Observer.

Yeah I just learned this existed a few days ago, I had never heard of the original but it looks cool

exquisite tea posted:

SOMA, Hellblade, Observer.

I've played SOMA but I had been waiting for a sale on Hellblade/Observer even though I'm pretty sure they're exactly the kind of thing I'd be into

i guess I'll add White Day/Observer/Hellblade to my spooky october game list

haveblue posted:

Buy a PSVR and play RE7 and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood.

I would like to do this but PSVR is more expensive than a switch

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

This seems like very dangerous false advertising

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

it was fun while it lasted persona 3 but after dying because i fought a mob that casts mamudo and got the ultimate rng facefuck where they all dodged my target-all spell that would've downed them and then they all cast mamudo and every cast of it hit the mc and burned out all my homunculus items and then hit him again, i'm pretty sure i'm done with this game for ever

I mean something like that is going to happen at least once or twice with every SMT game

that's just how it is

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Gladio says Noctis has a small dick when he catches a tiny fish, it is canon

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

God drat it they gave Chloe her own Warren

I never back up on choices in these games but I totally did when I realized the game thought I wanted to lead him on. NOPE

security guard guy is dreamy tho, but too old for her :(

Don't betray your future girlfriend max

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I liked the Yakuza 0 one

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ostentatious posted:

video games..........are good

except the ones u like, which r badq

What if I like the games you like

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I just bought the life is strange prequel I hope it ends bird chat

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

But then it might end up playing like playstation all stars or something

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't know if Metroid really sells in Japan so maybe we should all buy three copies each

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did everyone hear that LA Noire is back

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Really Pants posted:

please tell us more about this

YOU'RE FULL OF poo poo HELP IM ALIVE, YOU KILLED HER AND DUMPED THE BODY IN THE RIVER DIDN'T YOU

lol

It's getting a PS4/Xbox/Switch remaster with all the DLC in I think November

there's also a vive version

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Xbox layout of ABXY disgusts me

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

.gif of vr japanese guy humping his sex game controller from last year

Get with the times

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

so i'm playing mario 3d world and i don't think it's very good. cat mario is overpowered to the point where using him makes most platforming challenges piss easy, and yet you can't just not use cat suit because there's specific poo poo you need it for (raising platforms, etc). it's the same bad design choice from 3d land, where it was all raccoon all the time or you can't do some of the flag challenges. it's bad

my niece is going to kick your rear end

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

even if the n64 dpad was bad, who would know

Mischief Makers would know

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess I would probably be playing it if it was on PS4 because the concept sounds cool to me

it has the worst name though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Paper Jam felt more like a Mario + Luigi game but yeah it's good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

vermin posted:

In one of the Mario RPGs does a Koopa or Goomba ever say something like "Back in the war I would've killed you" or "you jumped on my best friend"

Is the Count from Sesame Street a vampire? Does he kill people and drink their blood?

I think there's a hammer bro in the Thousand Year Door wrestling chapter who talks about his grandfather fighting in 8-1 or something

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Please don't throw ekans

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like the themes of Sami/Max/the little girl from Days of Ruin

rip aw

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Calamity Ganon's final and most difficult form should've been pulling up a chair and forcing Link to have a conversation about weapon durability/game design

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess it's nice that those kinds of licensed games are less of a thing now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

goferchan posted:

Really bummed this got cancelled now

I did not realise IGN/gamespot have been around since 1996 :popeye:

• Locked thread