Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I enjoyed all of Life is Strange a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I like Hollow Knight so far but the visual effect and pause for taking damage are really disruptive sheesh. I wish they could've picked a more elegant solution to making taking damage have impact to it

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Night in the Woods is my favorite gay-millennial-Lynchian story

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

dogsicle posted:

i think she has won every single US splatfest so far and it's awful

Trash Queen Pearl is the best though

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Gamers are hot garbage but I sure love my videogames

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I played Knack 2 and I'm disappointed by its serviceable yet bland nature. I was expecting way worse.

I however am not disappointed by Knack's jiggle physics and golden toblerone nipples. I lost it when I noticed those.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

As excited as I am for 13 Sentinels I'm a tad bit creeped out by the whole naked high schoolers aspect.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Piloting a mech is like time travel, you have to be naked in order for it work.

You're right that it shouldn't be high schoolers though. Gimmie experienced old timers going commando for one last mission.

If Kojima had gotten to make ZoE3 it would've definitely had naked adults in mechs

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

chumbler posted:

Wasn't ZOE3 going to be like way in the past and the mechs were biomechanical gods or something? So no naked pilots, just straight up naked mechs.

That idea was loving amazing and I'll never forgive Konami specifically for sinking the chances for the game to be made

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I like Hollow Knight but it would be a greater game if it didn't try to be like Dark Souls so hard

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Exploring in Hollow Knight feels so comfy. It's a much better exploration-platformer than an action game.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Zaggitz posted:

the atmosphere when you first enter city of tears and the music swells up as the elevator gets deeper is :discourse:

I love every time the path takes me there again. Kingdom's Edge also has a really lovely ambience with the snowfall and the violin BGM.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

Do you also not hang out with other people

Hey I'm around drunk or high friends while sober often and I don't have a worse time for it.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

drat Hollow Knight is a blast when you have all your movement abilities. This is the first game I've played since KH2 where acquiring your movement options straight up makes it a much better game.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Man I really need to see if I can run Ruiner well or if I should buy it for console instead.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

"Huh my backlog is full of indie games, I'll be sure to get through it quick" and here I am 30 hours of Hollow Knight later

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Oh poo poo I need to figure out how to actually play this

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

In Training posted:

If you don't have a Saturn emulation is pretty great these days. If you do you can get a Action Replay cart and flash it with Pseudo Saturn to let you boot burned discs, or you can do it the old fashioned way and pull the swap trick with a burned copy of the patched game

Just trying to hunt down the ISOs. The only source I found was an Utena forum that doesn't host them anymore

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

The Colonel posted:

you'll need ssf and a compatible cd drive emulator, because for some reason despite years of improvements on saturn emulation later the utena vn has hosed up audio on anything other than ssf, and ssf is like the one emulator that doesn't have a dedicated way to load isos without putting them in your computer's disc drive or loading them in a virtual drive and not every program for that is compatible with it for some asinine reason.

I managed to figure it out but thanks still!

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

The White Palace in Hollow Knight is a crazy area and I love it. I'm thrilled I'm finally close to beating this game

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I beat Hollow Knight! It was super good!

I do hope the devs' next game is more compact and condensed though, when Hollow Knight is good it's incredibly good but when it stumbles it makes me feel like maybe it should've been less sprawling in its volume of content.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I wanna play 30s cartoon Gunstar Heroes so bad but my backlog is huge. Maybe I'll buy it around christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

The music minigames in Night in the Woods were bad

I wanted to read the lyrics but no, I had to play bass!

I sucked at them until I remapped the buttons into this weird two-handed layout on keyboard. Never did I realize how unrealiable of an appendage the ring finger is until that.

• Locked thread