Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's going to be a good season I think.

Also with The Fractured BUTTHOLE coming out on October 17, probably will be some tie ins to that at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I've never heard anything about them not doing political episodes, but I'm not sure why anyone would believe they would stop doing episodes based on current events. And pretty much anything on a current event is going to have a political aspect to it, or at least idiot goons thinking that there is some political bias to the episode.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sir Lemming posted:

All summer I saw posts and thinkpieces reacting to interview comments where they said they're not planning to spend much time on Trump this season. Which people interpreted as them abdicating their responsibility and chickening out, or even being afraid to alienate "South Park Republicans".

I think it's pretty clear that they just see constant reactions to Trump as a creative dead end for them. As well as being a tad soul-crushing. Nothing wrong with that.

Well... not spending time on trump doesn't mean they aren't going to have anything political in the show. They don't actually need to do much with Trump, they pretty much covered everything on Trump the last 2 seasons.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Here is a fractured but whole clip with Morgan Freeman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK4WoHRLCb4

Also the season leading into the stick of truth was pretty solid, pretty sure working on writing the game all year should have them in the mindset to drop some jokes.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

DairyBastard posted:

Season 18 was hands down one of my favorite seasons in years! Maybe because it had a nice balance of the new continuity format while still telling standalone stories? Loved season 19 as well! One ongoing arc while still telling a few different stories. I don't know what happened with season 20 though. Where did it all go wrong?

Here's hoping this season is more like 18 and 19! Or 17, that was a good year too.

Season 20 was going well until they went all in on Clinton winning the election. Once Trump won it destroyed anything they were trying to do :(. But it was also probably bad trying to do a whole season based around the US election anyway.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Codependent Poster posted:

Not sure what the point of that was.

There... was no point. It was just an episode of South Park. And it was funny and good. gently caress you all for hating it for some reason.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

swickles posted:

I don't watch any of the house flipping shows, is there some joke I am not getting about Sharon being disengaged while Randy is super energetic.

It might be a house flipping joke too, but that's a South Park joke, Sharon is almost always participating but not engaged in Randy's poo poo (see the Blockbuster episode)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I do appreciate that they are keeping the Tweak and Craig relationship going.

Also, Tweak is probably a good choice for someone to freak out over Korea.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

PaybackJack posted:

Last couple years I've been more or less avoiding this thread because it's usually been more negative than positive, but this episode was pretty bad. It was all over the place, and feature a bunch of jokes that weren't quite enough to build anything decent around as well as them breaking up Heidi and Cartman.

I think in the wake of the Trump election, almost one year later people were really expecting South Park to come in with some really good humor regarding the issues that are going on and instead we got a reality tv show joke, a 'robots took my job'(terk mah jerb) rehash of an old joke with nothing new to say, and a plot where a character is in a relationship that they no longer want to be in...which you could insert your own joke about the creators into here.

I'm hoping this week is a better offering. That was not a strong season opener.

As far as season openers go, the truth is it was somewhere in the middle. Season openers are rarely the best episodes of South Park.

Also, there were a lot of decent jokes and gags, even if the episode had a lovely plot and didn't really go anywhere.

I do find it funny that they hosed with a bunch of peoples Amazon Alexas with the episode as well.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

drat, that was a good episode of the South Park. Top quality all the way through IMO.

The Cartman raps were pretty funny and well written and deserve plenty of respect for nailing that in voice.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 21, 2017

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Human Crouton posted:

I'm starting to think that South Park shouldn't have B plots.

What the gently caress is this? The B plot is completely 100% South Park and episodes don't feel the same without them.

But even beyond that, this episode completely nailed the A & B plots.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Milo and POTUS posted:

The whole soundtrack of that movie was excellent and I don't remotely consider Blame Canada to be the best song :colbert:

Yea but you can't give an award for best song to Uncle Fucka on live TV.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The picture they used for the presidents tweets, is quite literally exactly how they made Garrison look last season, even with his lovely orange tan.

President is still 100% Garrison.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rhyno posted:

Can we get a whole album of those Cartman raps because GOD drat was that poo poo good.

I thought that, they probably could make a whole album at this point of just Cartman songs and get people to buy it?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I think before everyone defends Heidi too much, she did let Kyle have the voice mail of Eric saying he was gonna kill himself. She also willingly went along with all his anti suicide stuff until Eric made it all about himself.

I suspect that Heidi will get the last laugh and own Eric really hard at some point.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What could possibly be wrong with this.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nice, I'm 2% black, sup nigga.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They've done a pretty good job ripping on the Gold scams and Mobile Apps so I can only assume knocking the ancestry companies will be fun as well.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah but Cartman's mom is actually his father.

It depends if the banned episode 200 & 201 are still canon or not...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TBH, I'm Okay with episodes that don't really go anywhere and are just full of good jokes, much like this one was.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, I don't get it either. If you get to the point where you don't like Randy episodes, maybe you somehow lost your South park spirit?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ein cooler Typ posted:

dude do you know how TV shows are produced? every episode was made months ago. they don't make TV shows on a week-by-week basis

I guess you don't know how South Park is produced. lol.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yes and it seems pretty clear this episode will be a lead up to the game release if they are bringing back the super heroes!

Also lol if you don't refer to it as the fractured butthole.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kind of hoping they would end it by not getting a Netflix movie and settling for a video game...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I did like the, "Thanks for calling Netflix, you are green lit, who are you?" bit.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I have a feeling the Zuck stuff was more introducing a character in the video game than being relevant to anything.

But it was still funny with his "Style" and oddness.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's almost like the Zuckerberg in South Park is entirely fictional and with a poorly impersonated voice?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh no, not Chuck E Cheese :(

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

At least they kept the achievement.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Small White Dragon posted:

I think you mean Tweek x Craig. Tweek vs Craig was the one in season 3 where everybody goads the two of them into fighting each other, even though neither of them wants to.

It's almost as if Tweek and Craig are both very easily manipulated into doing things they don't want to. Fighting or being a gay couple, they both resisted but in the end they fought and kissed?

Also, I was going to hold out and wait for a sale price, but I remembered I had some gift cards still from the holidays last year that I never bothered to use. So knocked it down to $15 for me on Amazon! Can't wait for the loving download to finish :(

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Classic South Park ending there I guess. Just 30 seconds to destroy the villain.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Squashy Nipples posted:

OK, so who were the witches? I thought it was obvious at the end, but poking around the internet, everyone has their own take.

my 2 cents:

At first, I thought that it was about the Vegas shooting: "good" gun owners vs mass murderers.

Then I thought it was about Harvey Weinstein, and "not ALL men".

And then at the end, I thought it was a parody of Republicans: "you guys pretended to be evil monsters for so long, and now Trump has come along and actually *IS* those horrible things you pretended to be, so you created him."

What if, now bare with me here. What if they were just witches and were upset because 1 of them turned out to be an rear end in a top hat? Why does there have to be some underlining message here?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

Mr. Garrison magically growing a lush head of blonde hair after 20 years as a bald man/woman is kinda weak, too, but I liked Butters taking a swipe at his lack of accomplishments.

Right I'm sure it's supposed to be natural grown hair and not a Trump Toupee.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

21 Muns posted:

Cartman tells her what time he wants to go somewhere and she tells him she'll be there thirty minutes earlier so she can get ready.

But then they were still late and had to take the shortcut through the woods.

(I used bold italics underline to make my point stand out)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ChesterJT posted:

They're children, and as you pointed out, in a cartoon.

I thought Rick and Morty fans were ate up but yikes

The South Park thread in TV IV gets pretty drat amusing at times. "What did they really mean when they killed kenny all those times?"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Since there's no new episode, which South Park from yesteryear do you think totally holds up? I mean one that isn't dated and is just as funny today as it was then.

I'm probably going to watch Goobacks tonight. It's just as funny as it was 13 years ago!

Butters Own Episode!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Waltzing Along posted:

No it isn't. In fact, it's a bottom tier SP episode. Sorry. Glad you like it, though.

This is a wrong opinion. The Stan sports / action movies parodies are solid middle pack episodes.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Waltzing Along posted:

Bottom of middle pack. It's not one of the bad episodes, but it's definitely not in the top 1/2 of eps they have done. :colbert: Fight me.

Okay, we can fight it out but I'm Kyle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNl-Hydyxh0

Also, none of the Butters as Kenny's replacement episodes are in the bottom half episodes!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What come on now. They basically called Jared a lying piece of poo poo and even through in some pedophile jokes before the world even knew he was a piece of poo poo pedophile.

It was funny then, but it's even funnier now to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dude, did she just call me a dirty jew?

• Locked thread