Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Which thread has the tweet dumps

Which thread has the dogs

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Carlosologist posted:

do you guys think that there's a possibility that the Electoral College thing the states proposed ever gets around to passing? I like the idea of apportioning votes since it seems that every state has forgotten the original purpose of the EC

All the states that would benefit from it are already signed on, at this point they need to start recruiting states that would lose influence under it and/or are controlled by Republicans who like how the EC distorts the vote. So likely not any time soon.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Even in that situation it should be eliminated, it's mathematically possible to win the presidency with something like 21% of the vote (in a distribution totally incompatible with the real red/blue divide, but still).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

AriadneThread posted:

if i was a football man, and i got the ball and unexpectedly broke through the lines to have a clear shot at a touchdown, wouldn't i rightly be called a massive loving idiot if i ran around in circles like a panicked idiot because i had only planned to wait out the clock on the game?

This current situation is like getting a critical interception, then realizing your entire team is defense and all they ever do is block the nearest player on either team even when the QB is searching desperately for an open receiver.

US politics is now Breaking Madden.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Flavahbeast posted:

transgender troops? in my bathroom?

Roy Moore, proud defender of the Third Amendment

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PerniciousKnid posted:

As a non-Tweeter, what are ratio trends?

To make a long thinkpiece short: The ratio between likes/retweets (people who approved of the tweet) and replies (people who had a bone to pick with the tweet). Way more of the latter means you probably hosed up.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The hurricane kills all your patients. All your patients, killed.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

business hammocks posted:

*Liberty subject to redefinition without notice. Not a guarantee

The government can't interfere with those rights, but it doesn't say anything about other citizens.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That article is the text version of the Kelly "America when we don't/do talk about race" cartoon

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Did we take any positive action to leave or is this just a bureaucratic deadline hitting that no one has bothered to avoid?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The latest iOS has a semi-secret button sequence to quickly disable biometric unlock until the next non-biometric unlock, there's probably an equivalent for other major phones. Everyone should look up what theirs is, just in case.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Magnesium lends the meat a nice tang

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That "what americans think the president does" cartoon, except with one of the levers relabeled to GAY MARRIAGE LEGAL/ILLEGAL

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Kingfish posted:

We should let that dog run the CIA 🌹 🐶 🌹

Air Bud 6: Canine Intelligence Agency

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
People remember that the Bush era led to the Obama era, so nothing he did could have been all that bad and it wasn't the End of America. There are right now no such assurances about Trump.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Oracle posted:

Who was Reagan's VP, and who came out of the Nixon-era White House. It all goes back to Nixon and the Southern Strategy y'all. gently caress Ford forever for pardoning that piece of poo poo.

Really, it goes all the way back to Aristotle, which is why in 2020 I’m voting for Lyndon LaRouche

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nikalajoga posted:

When you think about it, Abraham Lincoln was one of the worst Presidents of the United States for supporting regime change in Mexico against the legitimate Maximilian government. Such a shocking act of wanton imperialism against an modernizing and reforming monarch must go down as one of the evillest acts of the United States of America.

And he got more Americans killed than any other President. What a monster

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Brony Car posted:

How many states have a Working Families Party-like option in the US? That’s how I have been trying to show where I want mainstream Democrats to go during elections.

quote:

today, fusion as conventionally practiced remains legal in only eight states, namely:

California (Presidential elections only)
Connecticut
Delaware
Idaho
Mississippi
New York
Oregon
South Carolina
Vermont

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's going to be like that quote about the Civil War and slavery. When you know a little, you think Obama was a good president. When you know more, you think Obama was a bad president. When you know a lot, you think Obama was a good president.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I though the rich were all building doom bunkers in New Zealand

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mynnna posted:

I saw briefly something about a write in candidate in Alabama, some former aide to John Kelly. Supposedly he’s running independently, but...when would we find out if he’s got RNC support, if any? I’m super curious if he’s an ‘official’ spoiler candidate.

He's not going to get RNC support because an officially sanctioned write-in spoiler is practically guaranteed to hand the election to Jones.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kraftwerk posted:

Are there any contingency plans should Bernie ever fall ill due to his advanced age? Does he have a protege waiting to take over? It seems awfully messed up if the only credible left wing voice in america is an old man in his 70s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Typical Pubbie posted:

There's no reason a Democrat from Alabama can't be good. Liberals have Stockholm syndrome with this blue dog, overton chasing bullshit.

There is, actually- the rest of Alabama.

• Locked thread