Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Kaddish posted:

Tiger sauce is fine but too sweet for many/most applications. I've only had the original though.

It's good on rice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

It's good on ice.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Is it good on lice? I'm itchy.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

nah it's for food, some sort of spice

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Hot sauce, that's my vice.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ive given up on finding new hot chibs

the only ones that are notable was the blairs habanero but its discontinued which is a huge shame, best loving chib ever

now paqui makes a corn chib thats with ghost beppers and its pretty good especially if you pair it up wiht a nice habanero salsa

get ready to sweat

:2bong:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Hot sauce, that's my vice.

How can it be a vice when the poo poo is so nice?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

numberoneposter posted:

the only ones that are notable was the blairs habanero but its discontinued which is a huge shame, best loving chib ever

now paqui makes a corn chib thats with ghost beppers and its pretty good especially if you pair it up wiht a nice habanero salsa

get ready to sweat

What's a chib

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You got to feel it twice! :supaburn::butt::flame:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Goodpancakes posted:

What's a chib
whats taters precious????

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

uber_stoat posted:

anyone serious about Ethics in Hot Sauce Consumption should always buy Marie Sharps over Melindas. any of ya'll who aren't aware of the history of these two brands, just look it up. cut throat gangster poo poo. Marie landed on her feet though.

Exactly, it's just too bad that Melindas is better somehow.

current collection

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Dang, thanks for reminding me that I need to get more harissa.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
standard tabasco is poo poo for idiots, chipotle/jalapeno is good stuff, crystal hot sauce is by far the best, cholulua also owns, close thread

Bold Marauder
Mar 27, 2011

And death will be our darling, and fear will be our name

no actual chocolate. p drat good.

otherwise i am trying to find a blair's that is the right amount of good, but won't melt my seat and make my pee burn.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

For add a kick on things like eggs etc and not sweat or burn my butthole I go with El Pato.

http://www.walkerfoods.net/products.html

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

If a rectum you still got, than that wasn't hot.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I like that movie where the dude puts hotsauce on that bitch's bunion and then proceeds to lick them in disgust.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Don't dox me.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Really dumb novelty hot sauce that you'll always find at hot sauce booths at farmer markets or downtown tourist areas but it's really quite good.

It starts with a delicious sweet mustardy kick, then punches you in the face with scotch bonnet.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I legitimately need to have at least one bottle of Melinda's XXXTra Hot in the house at all times. I put it on almost everything. It's not a salty vinegar bomb like Tobasco style sauces, isn't actually all that hot, and just tastes fantastic IMO. Instead, it relies on a vegetable base of carrots, onions, garlic, and lime to go with the habanero. My wife who doesn't like overly spicy food is now addicted to it after I introduced her to it, too. It's also cheap and readily available. Get you some.

(They also make an XXXXTra Reserve version of it that's hotter if you like that sort of thing)

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Melindas, Daves, and Blairs are staples in my house.

I tried this one recently:

It's not that hot but it has a really nice flavor.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Mike's is loving delicious and goes on everything

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

It's this.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Melindas, Daves, and Blairs are staples in my house.

I tried this one recently:

It's not that hot but it has a really nice flavor.

drat just came to post this

one of the best sauces i've had, made even better that i scored it for a buck at the local grocery liquidation place. it's breaking my heart that i have about 1 use left before its gone :(

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Jimby Nougats
May 6, 2009

I like this one but can only use a little before it burns me up. I am now seeking out other ancho + hotter pepper blended ones.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
The entire blairs death sauce range tastes like oven cleaner.
Really chemical and off putting.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Absolutely love this poo poo. Use it in alot of dishes.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

numberoneposter posted:

get ready to sweat

Try Mama Zuma's Revenge

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Catastrophe posted:

I legitimately need to have at least one bottle of Melinda's XXXTra Hot in the house at all times. I put it on almost everything. It's not a salty vinegar bomb like Tobasco style sauces, isn't actually all that hot, and just tastes fantastic IMO. Instead, it relies on a vegetable base of carrots, onions, garlic, and lime to go with the habanero. My wife who doesn't like overly spicy food is now addicted to it after I introduced her to it, too. It's also cheap and readily available. Get you some.

(They also make an XXXXTra Reserve version of it that's hotter if you like that sort of thing)

A good, correct post. I did leave the vegetable base part of Melinda's out of my pro-Melinda's post

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

official hot sauce of gbs

this stuff is actually really good

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

super macho dude posted:

Really dumb novelty hot sauce that you'll always find at hot sauce booths at farmer markets or downtown tourist areas but it's really quite good.

It starts with a delicious sweet mustardy kick, then punches you in the face with scotch bonnet.

any hot sauce where they actually have to add capiscum oil is guaranteed to be garbage tier

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
the best

http://i65.tinypic.com/2e5tzsj.jpg

also i tried bufalo once it was nice

Dr. Heart Collapse fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 26, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Huy Fonging itt, that chili sauce is the sweetest

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
hot sauce is pretty good

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
Shameful lack of sambal in this thread.

Sambal Manis. Not really hot, but nice and sweet. This is what you use if you want to add some flavor to something, but are cooking for people that can't handle any heat whatsoever.

Sambal Oelek. No, this is not fancy. Yes, it's dirt cheap. It's basically just ground chilli's with salt and a pinch of garlic. But this is the workhorse of hotsauces. It has a nice bite but not hot enough to ruin any taste. Also, it's just salty and hot, so no vinegar. You can put it on anything and you should. Combine with peanutbutter and perhaps a pickle for the perfect sandwich.

Sambal Setan. Now we're talking. Don't buy it premade but find a place that makes it themselves and uses Madame Jeanettes. Finally, you've found the true breakfast of champions.

A Worrying Warlock fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 26, 2017

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I just discovered this at a nearby grocery store. I'm familiar with Original Juan's "Pain Is Good" sauce lineup from the past but didn't know they had some new ones out there. This stuff is seriously delicious. It's pretty hot but not overwhelmingly so at all. Just really, really good tasting stuff.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the Tabasco store is having a 35% off sale right now, so if anyone is interested in trying some of those flavors they only sell online or at the factory, it's a good time to do it.

the chipotle raspberry is too sweet, I think, but the others are interesting. the "Family Reserve" uses white wine vinegar instead of distilled and it really changes it up.

Theli
Jan 23, 2002

SORRY ABOUT MY TAINT
Fun Shoe
I've been trying to build a collection of hot sauces for a while now, but my go-to's are usually Secret Aardvark and Marie Sharp's. I generally prefer flavor over heat and while they are decently hot, you can put enough of it on your food to actually taste it without melting your face off.

The Food Lab's Top 30 is pretty fantastic list for any hot sauce junkie, though quite a few have already been mentioned in this thread: http://www.seriouseats.com/2017/02/kenjis-favorite-hot-sauces-chili-pepper.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

ROFLburger posted:

any hot sauce where they actually have to add capiscum oil is guaranteed to be garbage tier

Yeah, it doesn't add that in it's ingredients, just scotch bonnet.

• Locked thread