Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
btw, i approve the thread tag

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Dominic Deegan - A classic fantasy adventure comic starring a grumpy clairvoyant and his friends. A completed series with tons to read, great art, and lovable characters.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
woah

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
kobayashi maru was decent, but not anything special

and i don't think that it was edgy

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
woah

but still fewer words than subnormality, not that i read any

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

fun hater posted:

people who report avshaloms posts should be autobanned

avshalom justice project

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

tehehe

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Galvanik posted:

I also don't know what bread has to do with cops.

the toaster wants to gently caress breads

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
those 3 are going to gently caress because jeff's comic hasn't featured polyamory yet

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Dawgstar posted:

I genuinely think on some level he's scared of his fans ever since that Marigold thing.

yeah, and for a good reason, they're mental

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, I don't mean to imply I blamed him. Somebody on here said somewhere that webcomic fans now only have two modes, either being groveling sycophancy or death threats. JJ has seen both.

true

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
his "fans" thought that she wasn't fat enough so he was whaled on and stabbed his hand

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Phy posted:

Today Jeph Jacques illustrates the futility of life. You too could land a seasonal starring role on a stable long-running webcomic, only to step out into the street and be flattened by a giant bronze statue carrying a crate of bananas

They will rebuild her symbolic rear end which Jeff just had to include in the comic for reasons.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
doesn't sound like a good comic

e: speaking of, dresden kodak updated. value of the page was 10k in patreon

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 22, 2018

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Rexxed posted:

House of Orr taught me the Petals around the Rose game which I have taught to a couple of teachers who may have taught it to students. Fun comic, I kind of miss it and also No Scrying.

no scrying was good, as was the elf inn. the guy's wow comic was decent, but not as good. has he made anything else?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
wasnt sluggy freelance supposed to end this year

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cat Mattress posted:

no, but it did end one of its major plotlines.

what was that? the acrobat woman? easter bunny?

in other news, the fuckdolls have an afterlife:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cat Mattress posted:

the evil madscience corporation.

what happened with it?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cat Mattress posted:

Legally liquidated, headquarters and secret installations physically destroyed, boss and large amount of other personnel killed.

thanks!

Tollymain posted:

im gonna be honest this page is incredibly loving funny

i find many of the comic's pages funny

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Tollymain posted:

rokos gonna wind up working at the bakery as a toaster

a toaster with a fleshlight

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Whitenoise Poster posted:

It's pretty much just Awful Hospital right now as full webcomics go. Anything else in that genre is just stuff in obscure forums and like, 4chan Quest threads. I honestly havn't even seen that much in the last few years.

Oh man do any of you remember when there was like eight of them running in GBS? Uh Microbe!, dropsy the clown, Your Life Sucks 1 2 3 and 5, Red Blue Yellow are some I can name off the top of my head.

The last people who made those were harassed by mods and stopped making them.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Ashcans posted:

A little while ago I started reading a comic called Star Power. I don't actually recall how I heard about it, but I added it to a feed and caught up while waiting for other stuff to update, etc. It's fine, I wouldn't have bothered to share it except that it turns out that the writer is the dude from Dominic Deegan and for some reason he decided to illustrate the latest issue himself. Holy poo poo, I had forgotten all about how terrible that comic was and he has done nothing to improve. Not only is the 'style' poo poo, it's poorly implemented as well. Why would someone do that, the existing artist was pretty great. There's no way I can tolerate this ugly crap, so I guess I'm done with the comic until I remember to look at it again and hope it swaps back. Way to go guy.

Maybe the artist quit and he's covering because he doesn't want to explain how he drove them off?

Thanks for posting this news! :)

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

nah I was reading along back when it had like a dozen chapters and the comic looked like Hey Arnold fanart, it was only after Jeanne died that it started just spinning its wheels

is it the comic with the lemonheads?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

at least the guy who whined the old, good BYOB thread to death is getting an eternity of sixers

i'm sure that if you pm veotax or ayshkerbundy they'll send you links to your favourite pedofurryvore comics so that you don't miss anything

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

animesiter posted:

I recently began working again on my webcomic "Patchwork Family" after an 8 year break, https://www.deviantart.com/animeister/gallery/194266/Patchwork-Family I finished up the chapter I'd accidently left on a cliffhanger of sorts, then started working on volume 2 beginning on page 64 and I just finished page 70. It's a pretty standard 4 panel format, but it has an ongoing story rather then each page just being an independent gag.

you really shouldn't have

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cup Runneth Over posted:

On another note, anyone still mourning Poppy in here? If so, you might like Trash Knight. It seems to be in a similar vein, though it's overtly :nws:, which I actually prefer to Poppy's dancing around it and making me uncomfortable reading it in public without a clear warning about its content. The explicit pages even come spoilered as mature content! It seems to be a good read if you're into Dungeons & Dragons, anyway.

why did you link part of your furry spank bank?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Mikl posted:

Things in O Human Star are coming to a head and I'm screaming.

Why?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

ogresque posted:

imo cope's work succeeds where grrms work fails, in doing gritty intrigue fantasy

still really hosed up tho

cope?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Tollymain posted:

ashley cope, creator of notable webcomic unsounded

thanks!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

TwoPair posted:

give Jeph time I'm sure he can introduce like 5 more quirky characters to shift focus on to without actually ending the comic until they bore him and enter character limbo work at the coffeeshop. This is the cycle of QC.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

TwoPair posted:

I don't think that's fair. The comic, while ostensibly a slice of life, started with a "will they won't they" romance at its core, or if not its core, than as a very strong element in the comic. But the answer has now been clear for years, they won't. Most slice of life shows/comics/anime/etc have a "central cast", so to speak, where a main character (or characters) interact with a host of other supporting characters that may come and go, but QC has none. It started with one, yes, but has expanded (I would posit too far) to be about dozens upon dozens of characters. Months' worth of comics will have passed with a few characters only to shift to a different set. It's not like how on a sitcom you'll have groups of characters break off for an A-plot and a B-plot, it's more like if a show followed two characters making quips for months (ex. weird bakery love triangle story?) until suddenly we shift to a different set for months (ex. wacky robot antics) and the plots have nothing to do with each other, the characters never meet, etc. I mean, I made a joke on the last page about the coffee shop being character limbo, and that's not fair... because characters disappear all over the place, but they never leave. I think there's been one character (Angus) who packed up and left town and was never seen again in the whole comic (I don't count Hannelore because she still shows up from time to time even if it's not in the same setting), and that's cool because that happens in real life, growing up and older means friends move and sometimes grow apart into different friend groups, but no one in QC ever really has organic growth like that or even a bad explicitly stated reason to justify them entering the Negazone/coffeeshop, it's just that Jeph gets bored of them and makes a new batch of characters with a new bunch of quirks to focus on.

tl;dr: it's a slice of life that is different from every other slice of life, and I don't mean that in a good way.

Alternately people could just be amazed because most slice of life webcomics die off or end after oh so long and people are just amazed/curious as to how this one just keeps going. I can't think of another such comic outside of gag-a-days like Penny Arcade.

thats knot the asnwer

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
im gay

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

nankeen posted:

raw and unadulterated passion