Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Incoherence posted:

If these are the correct options by rule (they're not), then Bailiff is an idiot: Rice's minuscule chances of winning are higher if FIU has to kick the ball to them (and booting the safety kick out of bounds IS a penalty that carries an untimed down), and he takes two (meaningless) points off the board.

The C-USA crew managed to make two different bad calls on the same play, and David Bailiff took the worse of the two options. Just one more log to add to Bailiff's hot seat.

Sounds like when the refs reconvened they got the situation right. If Rice declines, it's a safety and game over 13-9. There is no kick. What happened was correct with the penalty acceptance. There was nothing they could do to win in that situation.

Maxwells Demon posted:

Oregon looked pretty good (not great, especially with Nebraska) in non-conference play.

Now I'm checking what games we can win in the next 8 to see if we can make a bowl.

Kinda funny that Nebraska fans thought this same thing about our Oregon win last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Big E is the best :3:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Who does Tennessee even go after if they fire Butch?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Coco13 posted:

I'm headed to the Wisconsin at Nebraska (night!) game next weekend. Any recommendations for places to eat, drink and check out in Lincoln? Friday and Saturday I'm looking for bars with good food that will have the games on. Also trying to avoid places where I feel weird not having a fake ID. Also, if there's anything neat on campus that's out of the way of the Haymarket / stadium area I should take the time to check out as well.

I'll be flying in for that game as well. Do you know where you're tailgating?

Pretty much anywhere in the Haymarket/Railyard will satisfy the eat, drink, and watch games requirement. Longwell's has giant TVs and a ton of beers on tap, Brewsky's is your standard sports bar but they do have a piano bar in the basement, Barry's has a really cool rooftop bar that's popular, I'm partial to Lazlo's because of the Empyrean brews and more upscale food, and Tavern on the Square is a really cool outdoor patio bar. I'm also going to give a shout out to Starlite Lounge, a 60s retro bar with excellent and ridiculously cheap handmade cocktails.

If you're looking for a good micro-brewery, Blue Blood Brewing is not too far south from campus and they have great brews and some of the best food I've had at a Lincoln micro-brewery or sports bar.

Any other items you're looking for?

e: You can't totally avoid the college crowd, but if you stay away from 14th and O you should be fine. Not sure how much it's changed in the last 5 years or so, but that's traditionally been the "college area".

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Sep 25, 2017

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

Are you going to have a car? Also, if you happen to be into craft beer, send me a PM — I won't wax poetic about that here. And if you're not staying downtown, I could point you to someplace closer to be on Friday night.

With all love to my fellow Husker goon, the Starlite's gone downhill in recent years (It needs a lot of work, Dango, and is just kinda dumpy now). If you're in the mood for a decent cocktail, opt for the Other Room (on Friday — it'll likely be closed on Saturday), Marz or Jake's.

I'd offer to buy both you jerks a drink, though I may be tending bar myself (my place is not downtown)

Feel free to PM me as well (either of you). And drat, Starlite is dumpy now? That's legit depressing. It was such a cool and unique place back in the day :(

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dave Rimington? Even if it's interim, I'm completely baffled as to how his name even came up.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

We've got some west coast bias going on here.

Perfect timing on this post :allears:

And man, thinking back to how busy and yet still good the college threads were 10 years ago is crazy. I mostly lurked then, but I was still there! The effort-post GDT OPs Noghri(?) did were great.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Raku posted:

i don't know if espn would air buttchugging on the sideline

Solid callback :golfclap:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Chump Farts posted:

Friendly reminder that MSU is a 3.5 point favorite against Iowa, so feel free to bet your mortgage on us having three turnovers and losing by a 9-21 point margin.

Hell no. There were a bunch of spreads I thought were completely backwards last week (dogs that should have been favored) and every single one covered. This is one of those "Vegas knows something" lines.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

Aw poo poo gameday y'all

Nebraska and Illinois under the lights in Champaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaign

(Don't watch this)

I have to go to work on game day. This is an odd feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

I question your fandom, Dango

I'm going to the Fleet Foxes show in Benson and will miss most of the game anyway

I'm taking the afternoon off for it :ssh:

• Locked thread