Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

So it is 2017 and UF has won 31 straight games against Kentucky, which was clearly cursed by a gypsy after an auto-pedestrian accident [*touches cheek* "GATOOOOOOOOR"]

Yet here we are having snatched victory from the jaws of defeat with Luke Del Rio looking like our starter, a young QB's confidence likely destroyed, a bumbling, crumbling defense, a suddenly inept special teams unit, and as predictable an OC as I have seen in my entire life.

Rad Valtar posted:

This literally brought tears to my eyes. Seeing sick kids now that I have a two year old just kills me.

Yeah me too. Fatherhood does weird things to a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

EvilHawk posted:

I went to bed at half time (it was 3am here and I was pretty trashed) 100% convinced we would lose. When I woke up and looked at the score I didn't believe it. I've watched the highlights back and still don't believe it. How on earth did Kentucky lose that game.

UF scored 14 points when Kentucky (I'm not kidding) forgot to cover a receiver coming off a timeout. TWICE!

Oh, and Malik Davis is a dude.

LDR is probably our starter going forward :suicide:, yet we somehow converted >50% of our 3rd downs in the second half in spite of maddening Doug Nussmeier short-side toss plays and mystifying WR screen calls.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

corn in the bible posted:

is sophie the name of one of the kids because if so i know what she'd choose

I'm p sure Sandusky only hosed boyzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dango Bango posted:

Who does Tennessee even go after if they fire Butch?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

So in addition to the other UF :lol:fest news of staggering program collapse, I have to post this from Spencer Hall's blatant homerism -- not only because it is very good, but because it perfectly captures what it feels like to go through such staggering offensive incompetence.

It's pro-click the rest of the way too, sorry UK you deserved that one. :smith:

https://www.everydayshouldbesaturda..._source=twitter

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

Mark my words, Chip Kelly will not land east of the Rockies

You're probably right, but this is a shame. He could do some damage with Florida athletes.

I could see him turning ASU or UCLA into a beast though.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

HannibalBarca posted:

My brother once nearly got into a fight over the election result last year with an Australian at an Auburn bar in Atlanta, which we went to get a drink in after Georgia beat them

was pretty surreal

I almost got in a fight during the 11 bcs title game at the Belly Up in Aspen yelling at a Bama bro that Bama couldn't even win their own fuckin division. gently caress I was hammered.

It was p cool though, they had it projected on an incredi-huge screen.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Seaniqua posted:

my football team is actually pretty much my least favorite one

This has slowly become true for me in every sport.

:smith:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Seaniqua posted:

It's a blessing in disguise. If Nebraska were any good, I might be less likely to be invested in the rest of the country. And for me, The real joy of college football isn't really watching the Huskers, it's watching everyone else and being invested in the storylines, important games, etc. I get value out of Husker football, too, but that's more about the tradition, local relevance, and inconveniencing my children by also making them miserable Husker fans.

That's true in a way. I've become more invested in other storylines, big playmakers, other matchups - but unfortunately I haven't divested completely and when time is limited, I foolishly dedicate it to watching UF suck poo poo against average competition and get blown out by anyone good.

The Redskins can suck a dick though - I'm pretty sure I hate them more than the Cowboys now. My 8 year old self would be very confused.

And the Braves are just so depressingly irrelevant and boring...trading away any player of interest for several journeymen, or grinding them into incompetence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Randaconda posted:

At least the Redskins have tasted success before.

FSU is the only team I pull for that's ever been on top. :negative:

Jags: lol.

Rays: lol

Magic: lol

Dusty Rhodes: RIP

Yeah, that's a rough draw. Rays were good with Maddon then just fell apart again when he left.

Jags had some good times with Coughlin and Brunell!

• Locked thread