Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm watching/checking out Sangatsu, Inuyashiki, Just Because!, Kekkai Sensen, Kino, Konohana Kitan, Children of the Whales, Girls' Last Tour, and Urahara.

That's way more shows than I thought I'd be following this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Ancient Magus Bride is going to be great but I'm not going to watch it since it's just going to be adapting manga chapters I've already read.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Colonel posted:

hot take but the anime original stuff in bbb owned even if it wasn't perfect and i would have liked it less if white wasn't in it because she was a really fun character who served a really interesting role in leonardo's arc

black wasn't a great villain on his own but the actual idea behind the anime original stuff in bbb was fine and led to some great scenes

:same:

BBB s1 was good in large part thanks to the anime original stuff and I'm glad it was in.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dogsicle posted:

they're really just chat threads of a different color

They're chat threads where we talk about anime.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

Drunk wife was pretty good, and appropriately captured that drunk people are kind of a little annoying.

Their "cocktails" are still poo poo.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

They're meant to be things you could make at home I think so they're intentionally simple

You can make 99% of proper cocktails at home, you just need to own a handful of common spirits and mixers. Just adding milk to whisky or Kahlua isn't making cocktails. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Freakazoid_ posted:

That's cream to vodka and kahlua, and it is a classy drink.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Here's my first episode trip reports:
  • Urahara looked great and seems like it might be pretty decent;
  • Girls' Last Tour is pretty good, chill post-apocalyptic slice of life but I'm not super sold on the character designs;
  • Just Because! had a great first episode and I kind of hope it continues to just focus on the ensemble cast's daily vignettes and doesn't try to make everyone hang out together for no reason;
  • Konohana Kitan is cute, but the first episode lacked substance, and I hope that's only because it was the introductory episode, and not because the show is just going to be purely episodic.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Droyer posted:

Did I imagine it or did the subs refer to Kino as "he"?

They definitely do, but that's consistent with Kino using "boku." I guess there's probably some people who don't know there's ambiguity there since it's a new series so they wanted to preserve it.

The first episode of BBB s02 owned, I'm glad the show's back.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 7, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Caught the first ep of Ancient Magus' Bride today. Not sure how I feel about it yet - but to be fair I don't think the show wants me to be sure how I feel about it yet. Chise and Elias' relationship/romance is obviously going to be the key to the whole thing, but however Elias conducts himself at home, the fact that their relationship started with him buying Chise at a slave auction means they're going to have to write this thing very carefully indeed.

The manga is great so the show will probably also be good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hargrimm posted:

I basically just want there to be a new Flying Witch every season, that show was so fantastic, like medical-grade relaxation and chill times.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Just make the thread now, if you've liked the two good episodes enough to consider making a thread.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

Wait, he wrote thunderbolt fantasy?

Yes, that was the big thing they advertised. It was a partnership between Urobochi and the people who make Pili.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Motto posted:

tbh it's pretty plain to see from the first two eps already, but I'll stick with it (provided it manages to finish this season of course)

I don't care how rough the animation gets, because I really like the world- and character-building so far.

I just hope it manages to run the full cours. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://files.catbox.moe/o3at9o.webm

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Konohana Kitan is good. Urahara is good. Just Because is good. Kekkai Sensen is good.

It's a fantastic season and I've not even had the time to watch the new Sangatsu episode yet.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The second BBB episode was insanely good.

:stare:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Most alcoholic drinks are.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Stop, I don't want to have to pick up a 10th show this season. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

an actual dog posted:

let the anime flow through you

There's too much good anime. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kylra posted:

What 10 shows are you watching that are better than this?

Girls' Last Tour, Kino, Just Because, Konohana Kitan, Urahara, Children of the Whales, Kekkai Sensen, Sangatsu and Blend S.

All of them are really good, the only one I'd consider dropping is Girls' Last Tour because I suspect I'd enjoy that more in manga form.

But fine, I'll watch the drat MMO show.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Okay, fine, the MMO show is good and very cute.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Konohana Kitan anime is good and I'm glad it exists.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

Also found in Otome Yokai Zakuro's fox spirits.

Is this any good, and is it basically the Meiji-era yokai crimes investigation anime that the wiki summary makes it sound like?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

It's good! There's that stuff but it's romance too, it's sort of like Kamisama Kiss in that regard.

That sounds even better, so I'll have to add it to the ever-expanding backlog. Thanks!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

You'd like Zakuro a lot, I think, Lemon.

It's being backlogged right now, though I have no idea when I'll have the time to watch it. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I can't believe Blend S made a Calimero joke, of all things. I can't imagine too many people got that one.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

That

That is some nice looking animation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcgxyvX1rVU

The new season of Fullmetal Alchemist is looking good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

As an example if you do not eat an orange because you don't know oranges exist have you made the decision to not eat an orange?

This example doesn't make sense because Land of the Lustrous is a work of fiction that is authored by a human being who is aware of the concept of gender, and also oranges.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

looking at this shot is like playing darkseed, what the gently caress is going on with the perspective

They parked the van on a patch of grass at a 45 degree angle I guess.

Also Guru Guru owns and is really sweet, and I'm sad I had to drop it because I didn't have the time to keep watching it, but I'll go back to it when it's over.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Urahara keeps getting better with each episode, this week's was great.

I hope we get some answers soon. :ohdear:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Eela6 posted:

Is blend-s good?

Yeah, it's funny. I like it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
This week's Just Because was another fantastic episode. It's my favourite show so far this season.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

:toot: :toot:

I hope it's as ridiculously good as the first season.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Agronox posted:

That's a shame. I haven't started watching it yet but it looked interesting.

The way anime is made seems like madness.

It's still a good show even with production issues so don't let that put you off it yet.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

I'm like two minutes into Recovery of an MMO Junkie and i love her and want her to be happy

Everyone in Netjuu is a gigantic goof and the best.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Galvanik posted:

edit: it also really annoys me how they never seem to get a good dynamic for guilds that matches what I've seen in WoW.

I don't know, it lines up pretty well with what the guilds I've been in: a bunch of people you chat with, show your glamour off to, and occasionally do group content with.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Did the final image in the Netojuu credits change this week, or was she always there with the new haircut? I haven't had a chance to go back and look yet.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

They changed it for the new haircut.

Neat, thought so. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Has anyone been keeping up with Children of the Whales? I watched the first three episodes but it just wasn't gripping, and I'm considering dropping it - were the last two episodes any good?

• Locked thread