Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Motherfuckin Osomatsu-san 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I'd even pay for Strike. But I cannot, they do not sell it in the UK. :argh:

Sentai stuff shows up on weird new service HIDIVE in the UK.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Fangz posted:

This sort of thing is always cruel. I remember the poo poo the voice actress for Maka got with Soul Eater.

She was so good tho!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I hope it's good

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I was super hype for Juuni Taisen (Nisio Isin!! Future Diary guy!!), and while it had all the EDGE I was looking for it hasn't done anything cool enough yet to really grab me. I'm still into it tho.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Knorth posted:

I dunno if I'll end up watching much of Urahara but I really like how it looks, and the characters seem sweet

https://files.catbox.moe/uba9zg.webm

It has such a simple, breezy premise yet it feels weirdly plodding. I hope the show eventually finds its grove cause I really want to like it.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

I originally saw that as genre and not groove. Both seem accurate.

It's supposed to be a silly magical girl thing but the tone was wildly off lol.

So many cool designs tho. The fried shrimp mascot was brilliant.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The teens of Just Because all have phones that never stop buzzing. I kept thinking my phone was going off lol.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Girl's Last Tour whole cute girls surviving cutely thing worked way better than I thought it would. I'm in.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

watch pingu everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piZBO8Hc2LI

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

There's a surprise Natsume's Book of Friends episode our today and it's a good one. It's some kind of OVA thing and there's a second one coming soon! Praise Natsume.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Land of the Lustrous rules. I was expecting just melancholy action stuff, but the script was pretty spunky to offset all that and it worked. And yea the action was cool.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

dogsicle posted:

i'm gonna recommend everyone watch the first 90 seconds of the imouto show

I didn't watch it

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Juuni Taisen rules a lot.

Moltrey posted:

Ep 2 spoilers I hope they don't keep being quite as predictable with who's gonna get axed, I was honestly hoping Episode 2 would end with no new deaths. I also hope the viewpoint character doesn't keep biting it in the end.

I'm pretty sure it's going to keep happening, and then something will break the pattern and it'll be awesome. I'm really liked this episode even though it was predictable. I love the thing they do where one person keeps thinking while the other is talking, and the person thinking is always making some huge mistake.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

esselfortium posted:

If I'm not mistaken, for some reason the OVA with the real ending to season 1 was never licensed in the US at all. Really incomprehensible situation if so.

Yea it sucks. Definitely pirate that the real ending owns.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I think part of the change is that the licensors are getting involved earlier and earlier in the process so they can request these things before they're even made. In the past they would have to negotiate with the home video companies for OVAs and very rarely could they get a good deal.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I spent the whole week thinking Pingu in the City was claymation but it's really CG... I've been such a fool

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

An anime that hates young people sounds like a refreshing change of pace tbh

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

teens are incredibly powerful and will destroy us

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Just Because! rules because the teens spend the entire episode bored and sad and then they start a LINE chat and it looks like this.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Lost Village has some of my legit favorite episodes of anything ever but after the halfway point it overexplains itself and fuzzes out. I will always treasure the opening scene where they pass the microphone around the bus, though.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Phos is trying her hardest and I love her.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

At any moment the characters of Land of the Lustrous could shatter into pieces and it's a cool tension.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

nielsm posted:

But Phos isn't very hard to begin with?

Exactly

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I really hope it does, I've really enjoyed it

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Inami rules. Every anime would be better with Inami in it.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Poptepipic will change your life, friend.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

dogsicle posted:

blend s has been more appealing because the characters have a bit more going on initially.

Did you watch Blend S? This is not the case. It's about as simple and cliche as anime gets.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

There's billions of possible reasons why Netflix scrubbed Tiger and Bunny, it's possible that the agreements had just expired, it's a six year old show.

Do they even make Pepsi NEX anymore?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Devilman Crybaby is gonna own, extremely looking forward to pirating it.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The drunk wife show isn't very good but it's short and about a drunk wife so I'll keep watching

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

dogsicle posted:

it's just moving very slowly and adding some filler here and there. that and there's a rumour going around it's scheduled to run for a full year, which generally means a lower quality show visually.

It's not some filler here and there, we're three episodes in and the only episode that covers manga material is the first one. They're trying to stretch things out, without pulling what One Piece does where they take three episodes to cover a chapter.

The filler is super pointless and feels kinda desperate, it keeps going on unexpected tangents just to fill up time. But they kinda pull it all together?

If all goes well it's gonna be a bunch of weird bullshit interrupted by a legit good episode so I'm in.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

So smol

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

no... this is a lie

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Lemon-Lime posted:

Stop, I don't want to have to pick up a 10th show this season. :(

let the anime flow through you

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm currently keeping up with 12 shows:

Girls' Last Tour
Just Because!
Inuyashiki
Guru Guru
Zodiac War
Black Clover
Osomatsu-san
Hozuki
Blood Blockade Battlefront s2
Land of the Lustrous
The Ancient Magus Bride
iM@S Side M

That's 6 hours a week! I could maybe keep it up but Mario is happening...

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Everything Burrito posted:

Some of those are actually bad so you could replace them with the good show and improve your list.

All of those are good. Zodiac War owns.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

You can confidently drop black clover, it's mostly okay at best and will probably run for a long time so you can catch up later if you want.

I know exactly what I'm getting into with Black Clover. I want this.

(I'll probably end up dropping it anyway lol)

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

dogsicle posted:

i would drop side m before black clover tbh

I like the pretty boys in side m and I haven't watched iM@S before so I'm kinda just discovering what that series is like. It's super boring but I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Tho is it really watching an anime if you're on your phone for the whole episode? Philosophers are still debating.

• Locked thread