Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I actually didn't hate Cole's move. The alternative would be to play dumb and grab the idol himself while Joe goes into the ocean and finds ... nothing. Meanwhile, Joe knows Cole saw the clue and would be naturally suspicious, especially if Cole is a bad liar. Joe clearly likes stirring poo poo up and causing chaos, so a stunt like that could have backfired on Cole big time. For now, he's tentatively okay; he just needs to keep Joe from getting spooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

That's true but basically I think Cole was put in a worse position as soon as Joe turned his attention on him. if he hadn't helped Joe get the idol, Joe would be paranoid that Cole had the idol. He does help Joe get the idol, and Joe becomes paranoid about Cole knowing he has the idol.

Editing. That was a sound bite. Cole seems to be off Joe's radar, but Joe can cook up a reason to get rid of anybody so it fit in the episode. He's erratic, but he's not a complete moron. His sights still seem focused on Mike(?), regardless of a budding affection for the guy.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah, Survivor HHH I AM THE GAME YOU DON'T WANNA PLAY ME was totally CBS, not production. Jeff expressed mild frustration with crafting the theme in pre-game interviewing.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah, I think STAC meant Frizzy Hair, the celebrity assistant. I agree; that girl is good at this.

And Healer Ken is Cole. I think I only remember that because Corinne came, like, five times when she was on Rob C's podcast talking about him (I was really bored, okay?).

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Dude, she was cute yet useless at camp, and bad at challenges. Waffleface was merely annoying, in particular with Water Sue Hawk.

Waffleface good for challenge? Ali likes him a lot? Well, there we have it.

It's not scapegoating. It's not even difficult.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Somebody itt gave me a nice link for the Aus episodes, but I haven't watched yet. How is the pacing? Last year it really dragged; did they sort it out?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
He already kind of looks like an alien, so he'll probably just look like a smaller alien by the time he's done with the season.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Still catching up with the thread, but I found this cute little casting discussion between Parvati and Lynne Spillman because Reasons.

It's a pro-click. And I'm done talking poo poo about Lynne Spillman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgbV55tNmcQ

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Jessica is a 29 year old virgin? :yikes:
Surprisingly tense tribal council in a week where one person undeniably blew the challenge.
We deserve a better Narrator than Ryan.

1) Well I mean come on. She's super Christian. She was giving me Mormon vibes but I just watched her CBS intro video and for a Deep South Christian White Girl, I ... I actually have a bit of a girl crush now. Go earn some more kisses, Cole. It actually suits her perfectly for a showmance that she doesn't give it up easily (and, in fact, never has). She's not getting stupid over this. Good.

2) Ali is a very decent narrator.

edit: And now we can spend the rest of the week shipping fan fiction power couples of yore. TaixMark The Chicken?

Propaganda Machine fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Oct 12, 2017

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Lone Goat posted:

Lisa Welchel and her brother.

Hah, remember Greg and HIS sister? I think it was Greg in Borneo, anyway.

Ali was just being diplomatic, which is obviously a strong skill of hers. Celebrity assistant means she can navigate that dumb world and communicate well enough to keeps situations from getting out of hand. Celebrities think they're pretty hot poo poo, you know?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Victorkm posted:

Could be the ol' 2 tribes of 7 with 1 going to special Cochranland or exile and coming in and replacing the next boot like they have done in the past. Maybe instead of Cochranland it will be Russellville and they have a comp with Russell and if he wins he enters the game instead of the odd man out.

(not really a spoiler but whatever)
:lol::lol::lol: Sucks to be whoever is exiled to Russell Island and comes back complaining about how the game of Survivor is FLAWED and AMERICA should decide the winner.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
On a strategic level Chrissy played that perfectly, but her methods were dubious at best. Her fake strategy chat with Roark was terrible and transparent. The lie she crafted was decent enough to cause concern and warrant Roark's boot, but she's going to get burned hard if she tries pulling that crap again. She's not nearly as good as she thinks she is.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Why Desi? She seems smart and she's doing okay. Joe's the one in danger on that tribe.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I hope Ryan dies in a fire, and I hope to see Ali come back for a season of vets, because she ruled.

But seriously, gently caress Ryan. And also Chrissy, I guess. But mostly Ryan.

"She's freaking out about the vote, and it's a bad look for her."

No it isn't, you jackass, You just nixed an excellent ally. She could have won you the game. Instead, you're going to prattle around with your MILF and lose mid-merge. Congratu-loving-lations.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

AWarmBody posted:

And maybe this reaction is caused by the fact that I absolutely hate Chrissy's personality and hope this all blows up massively in her and Ryan's face, resulting in Ben's blue eyes winning it all. Wishful thinking. This season has broken my heart

emoji-prayer hands

They're just so loving obnoxious. They're decent Survivors on paper and in theory, but gently caress. I'm the obnoxious Russell hater, and I would prefer his stuck-up smug attitude to those two.

Thankfully, I think lol merge will correct the boat. I am actually excited for this.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Vernacular posted:

Chrissy (totally gonna win) and Ryan (the most Oedipal goat of all time) are getting an assload of screentime.
So yeah, Ryan went about it like an rear end in a top hat, but it was the right move. Still think Chrissy takes him to the cleaners though so he's gonna need to find a way to get her out sooner than later.

They are both goats with awful social games. I'd vote for a Mark the Chicken win over them. Or literally anybody else in this cast. They need to get their heads out of their asses to be votable for the win, and I don't see that happening.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

blue squares posted:

Ryan isn't a goat because the only person he truly pissed off isn't on the jury. He is still very much in play to win

That's technically true, but I don't think he's going to suddenly shift his gameplay style just because there's a jury now. He's got a consistently bad track record. His only real upside is his relationship with Devon.

And yeah I might have been a bit strong on Chrissy there, but as much as I dislike her I really, truly don't think she can win, especially considering she's working with Ben. He's not a stupid guy so I think he'll catch onto her, and he has plenty of allegiance options.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The point is he's dead in the water, and moreso than anybody else except for possibly Cole.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Quick drive-by post to say that STAC, I love you like I love my luggage, but I'm pretty positive that your opinion here is incorrect. I'd love to elaborate with a keyboard, but alas. I don't want to repeat myself, but I think we're in for some epic post-merge histrionics and failure courtesy of Ryan and Chrissy.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
What? No.

Ken and Ozzy both had interpersonal relationships to speak of, and generally quite poorly (lol Ozzy's Micronesia jury speech, to boot).

They were very very different players. Ken DID have a social game. Ozzy had...Ozzy.

JP is a blank slate. He really is. There's this editing to-do about his friendship with lifeguard, but other than that, he's not strategic enough to be a threat, and production has done a bang-up job of evening post-merge challenges out such that lunkheads like him don't just automatically win.

I actually see JP as a very strong dark horse.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Nihonniboku posted:

That said. I'm rewatching Cook Islands, and god drat, Candice is the very epitome of white privilege. Each time she was sent to Exile Island, I giggled with glee.

Fun fact: her parents bought her a Cadillac Escalade for getting a 1600 on the SAT.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Casaya was the single greatest Survivor tribe of all time. This is not an arguable opinion, but rather a very simple fact.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
What? No. Aras wanted Cirie at the end with him. She lost on a fire making tiebreaker against Danielle.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STAC Goat posted:

Oh? I'm misremembering that completely, I guess. I thought Aras screwed her over at the end for the better shot. My bad. Its been awhile since i saw it.

No worries man. It's actually why Aras is generally considered a poor winner. Wanting to take Cirie to the end was Woo-style suicide, except even worse.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Nihonniboku posted:

That whole season was stacked in his favor, it was ludicrous. Easily one of the worst seasons in Survivor history.

That season was stacked in favor of whichever vetended up on Omatepe.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
PREVIOUSLY ON.

SURVIVOR

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
We've been on this slippery slope for a while but production is trying way too hard to generate compelling reward content here.

I think I like Lauren's advantage, though. It's a good iteration of the extra vote/vote steal mechanic.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
OMG.

COLE.

WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress :laugh:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Lone Goat posted:

That couldn't have gone better.

Well, literally anybody but Ryan and Chrissy could have gotten the idol. That would have been a marked improvement.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Well I guess that's pretty much the only way that was going to go, given the edit.

Ninja: Shut up, Chrissy.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Lone Goat posted:

I just noticed the immunity necklace is a big ol axe blade :black101:

The thematic conceit is Fiji's sugar cane industry and trade.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

And here we thought Joe was Tony-lite.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm really surprised at how much I've chilled out on Joe since earlier in the season. His idol play last week was almost adorably stupid, and his cute little personality's been dialed back a few notches. The lack of food and sleep may have had something to do with that.

Preview: :lol::lol::lol: Oh, Ryan...

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Midnightghoul posted:

I just hope at some point in the future we get to know the answer to the burning question - Was Ben in the Marines?

He's got southern charm, not Special Agent Sheppard/Debbie Wanner upside.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Mike is actually kind of killing it. Who else even remembers that he has an idol?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Why would people keep Joe over Desi. Desi's better at challenges but Joe's... Joe.

Joe will argue with anybody and keeps a nice big target on his back with his antics. He's worth keeping around as a meatshield.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I want impressed by her pre-game stuff, not because lunch lady Denise or anything, she just seemed like a nicelady but not too savvy. She's made missteps like the weird redhead comment with Patrick, but she's got a great sense of social awareness.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Zesty posted:

Uhh. No? You just explained why she doesn’t have a great sense of social awareness.

Cool strawman, nice work.

I meant gamewise. She's smart and perceptive enough to have a reliably decent read on her current situations and predicaments.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
As a female currently getting over my issues with women in general, I absolutely believe Desi. I'm not going to go into it, but Chrissy gives me strong woman-hater vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
All of this is making me start to wonder if Chrissy wasn't just indulging in histrionics to win pity points when she collapsed after the first challenge. It worked like a charm on Ryan.

I suppose I too have reached the point of just wanting to see her get decimated at FTC and lose to Lauren or whoever she and Ryan (lol) decide to take.

• Locked thread