Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Lord Koth posted:

There are, your lord gets a negative trait... that gives a whole +1 Slaanesh corruption to the province they're in. That's it. Oh, and said trait is removable too by sitting in a town with the right building.

As for comparisons between Slaanesh's Blade and the Chainsword, I think it's fair to point out that the Chainsword DOES give +10 Khornate corruption when wielded, so there actually is some negative consequence to using it. Both are OP, but the Blade not even giving corruption and coming along with 75,000gp is what kind of takes it (and the other Slaaneshi gifts) into the realm of just silly.

I think the trait is permanent and can get stronger the more you use it, there is also a temporary bigger debuff applied that has a 50% chance of being removed if you stop in a capital.

Kanos posted:

There will be a big combined campaign called Immortal Empires that will presumably work identically to Mortal Empires.

I would wager there's a roughly 99.9% chance that you'll need to own all three games on the same storefront and that cross-storefront recognition won't be a thing, but I could be surprised. The Steam version will probably be the correct choice in any case because of Steam Workshop access.

They explicitly say you need to own all 3 games on the same store in the FAQ - https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-iii-faq/

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jan 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Sega 32X posted:

Most of the D&D settings don't really have the zazz needed and I doubt GW would be happy with the total war guys going with their major competition in the tabletop space. If GW still have some of the LotR rights and could give CA/Sega an in, I would bet that is the most likely property for the next high fantasy Total War, especially if the Amazon series gets any cultural foothold.

D&D isn't in competition with GW in the tabletop space.

LoTR already has enough "cultural foothold" without the Amazon series, but aside from that WB has the current rights for video games in the IP, GW only had narrow rights to make tabletop wargaming stuff. Other companies have separate deals for card and roleplaying games.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
It's almost as if GW "lore" was a mishmash of retcons and reboots to sell new models and editions.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
There is a warhammer 3 thread