Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Morathis bonuses are appropriate but so lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

nopantsjack posted:

Can you get FFA battles on the campaign map? Like a 3 way battle between lizards, rats and chaos or something?

That would own

It would, but no, they said it does weird things to the ai

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

rather than take this in stride I'm just going to call you all NEETs

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone know if the coop campaign still has all the ritual stuff in it, or is it just straight conquering stuff like the first game's coop?

Coop has ritual, though you have to play as the same race as your partner

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D56CckqlsB4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D56CckqlsB4

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 28, 2017

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Thread background

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Always check for landmark buildings! There's a lot and they aren't just in capitals. I've seen some nice discount upkeep ones

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Just watched my intervention force, the chaos spawn, and the Mung and Aghol raze a path through Malekiths lands (well, the Mung just scooped up all the ruins) very satisfying. Of course, my mistake was calling in the intervention force on the first turn so by the time the ritual was up he had re-taken the ritual site but next time we'll get him

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

SteelMentor posted:

-Thanquol survived into AoS, somehow. He hasn't shown up yet, all we know is that it is the same Thanquol as WFB (though not the same Boneripper, he's went through a few dozen more since then) and the lore team has 'plans' for him.

If you are wondering who Thanquol is, this is a distillation:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

does it feel like archers have higher firing arcs now compared to the first game

They definitely seem to be doing mortar shots like they did back in Rome 1

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It looks like there's something weird with certain factions on medium difficulty, I've noticed no matter how much Teclis and the other southern elves expand they always have one full stack and one half full stack. I'm going to try pumping money into them and see if that kicks them up

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Sedisp posted:

I dunno it might be just the phoenix farts but It feels like the same problem the first had.

Those are pretty weak which is why you get like ten of them, but there's some sick nasty spells the lords can pop off

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I think I would have interventions spawn with no movement points, and have the other chaos and unknown spawns remain the same, but have them be at war with everyone. For high elves, it's weak play to not control the gates as the level 40s will just walk right through military allies taking a tiny bit of attrition damage.

Overall I really like the campaign but there's definitely tweaks I'd like to see. (Also it's weird to me that in the high elf trailer Teclis recommends allying with the lizardmen when you start to hate each other if you do the objectives.)

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'm not really noticing much difference in turn times.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

peer posted:

Yeah they said it'll have the invasion, but that it will originate from multiple directions so you won't be able to hide in the jungle and wait for the whole thing to blow over

Potentially problematic if you need to smash Archaon to relieve chaos corruption and he's on the other side of the board or the Warherd is going solid snake, but we'll see!

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

lol when is chaos corruption ever a problem

My pretty pretty provinces :smith:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Replace final battle skybox with this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBLdQ1a4-JI

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Plavski posted:

I was initially pissed that with no RoR or tree updates I wouldn't be able to play WE or Chaos... but then I remembered that the time is ripe for Skarsnik to make his presence felt in the new world.

Boom, hype returned!

Duuuude skarsnik doing a Grom the paunch run is gonna be great

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

A half hour video of speculation based off a fan book, what a loving waste of time

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Allow me to expand on the differences between canon w/r/t armybook editions and its bastard cousin, "fanon". You see-

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Martout posted:

In 3 hours, a new race for Karak Eight-Peaks begins!

All of the things will be Queeks!

Karak Eight-Squeaks

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Fangz posted:

Trustworthy is actually a pretty bad reliability rating. It goes Steadfast - Dependable - Trustworthy - Untrustworthy - Unreliable

It still makes me chortle that they picked a bunch of synonyms for the names

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

That said I think the SFO nazi no longer works on it

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

IAmThatIs posted:

Wait is SFO made by nazis? I saw a YouTube trailer of it that looked pretty nifty :smith:

Main dev had some interesting views, but he's no longer involved with the mod so its up to you

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

Yeah I'm sure he was the only Nazi involved in the Steel Faith Overhaul. All his mates are probably top blokes.

TBH I liked it better when he was still directly involved, because people in this thread would get all indignant like "What do you expect me to do, play a mod NOT made by Nazis? Would you also ask me for the moon???"

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I think instead of what they did I would add a Yellow climate which is like Orange now but a little better penalty-wise, and then make Orange the equivalent of a norscan coast province and then Red the same as a wood elf outpost. I'm just some guy though

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Is it possible to make a mod such that 10 or so turns in AI Tyrion gets an event that makes him either go elf murder or elf buddies (with diplomatic bonuses and etc) for the rest of the game

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Please don't bring tactical realism into a warhams thread

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I don't know if anyone else missed this but importing Attila models to warhams?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Tales from the Old World is decent, though that is short stories

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Dandywalken posted:

Thinkn bout thos Mung

I can't look at the Mung without thinking of respected forums poster Mung Dynasty and why the emperor gets all the mung

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Mods change my name to Golden Bone Lord tia

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'm cautious of balance takes on just-released factions as it reminds me of the wood elves where an already strong faction got buffed further because people were doing it wrong

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Dogs of war when

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

CA has always been super ponderous on updates and fixes, and it is weird. I mean back in the Rome:TW days the big rumor was that Sega would only fund two patches, thats as far back as I remember it being like this. Like are they all in constant crunch time hell and making two bugs for every one they fix? Do they have a AA budget with near AAA graphics/art needs? Are they just generally bad at QA, we may never know

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

ZearothK posted:

Destroying my property which I paid premium for to own the devs.

*turns to pile of smashed Keurigs, nods grimly*

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Finally I can send my foes to the shadow realm

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

To be good a mini campaign needs special units and factions and the ability to play it from multiple angles none of which they had, I still liked the wood elves ones though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Speaking of Chorfs: