Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Rookersh posted:

Hey, Tyrion's madness will always be an issue, but Teclis got swole enough that he can lift his staff and jog now. He's probably ready to be Phoenix King.

e: Also it's really hard to understate just how loving powerful Teclis is. He's been compared to the likes of Caledor Dragontamer ( guy what made the Vortex ), and NAGASH.

Teclis is really loving intense.

I really want to see a teclis vs Lord Kroak. Or just Lord Kroak in general.

To explain who "The Venerable Lord Kroak" is, he is the last remaining first generation of Slann priests. He is also dead. Like he died during the big invasion of chaos, and yet he is still sort of around. You see when Slann "die" sometimes they can keep themselves together through sheer willpower. To put it in perspective Lord Kroak when he was alive was able to chew up and spit out greater demons, shatter continents and beat the ever loving hell out of philosophical concepts, he maintained a magic barrier around an entire city for years then fought for about a week when he had to collapse the barrier and even then it seemed to take a good dozen bloodthirsters to finally stop him. Now that he's dead he is not as powerful, but his spirit can still do things like "pop demons like flies" and "set fire to the undead if they approach him".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

SteelMentor posted:

One of the few really good moments in End Times was Kroak casually ressurecting himself from the dead during the last stand of Lustria, bringing the full brunt of his power to prevent the shattered shards of Morrseleb from crashing into the Warhammer World (the Skaven had blown it up, you see).

Also, like Thanquol, Kroak also inexplicably survived into Age of Sigmar, tho ablit dead again. His prestigious might can create and maintain entire armies of Lizardmen Seraphon with a thought, something that takes at least a good dozen Slaan to pull off.

Even in the terribleness that is the end times Kroak comes out of it looking cool.

That and I want some of the joke lizardmen names to come back. I mean who doesn't like Itzi Bitzi.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Carcer posted:

It was GW throwing a giant tantrum because their favorite side didn't win in storm of chaos. From what I remember it stemmed from GW spitting all the factions up into Order or Destruction teams (With a few wildcards, like ogres.) and assuming orc players would happily be subservient to chaos and writing the initial fluff as such.

Orc players were not happy and en masse reported their victories for Order. This resulted in an overwhelming landslide victory for Order and GW grudgingly accepted the result, having learned in an earlier meta-campaign* not to ignore the results they got from players.

(*The earlier campaign had, by battle results, the empire holding chaos at some insignificant town waaaaay longer than expected. In the final writeup GW ignored this and said that chaos overran the town in like an hour, this enraged both sides of the campaign who rightfully felt that GW had just written up a thing beforehand how they thought the campaign would go and essentially ignored all the reported battles.)

The town was Bohsenfels. It held out for pretty much the entire 8 week campaign and at one point GW just said "we are going to have the chaos forces move past it, because they just keep getting merked there".

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Oct 2, 2017

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Okay, so I just beat a "hard" campaign as Mazda. But I have a few questions as to how to do the game right.

I was still able to win most of my battles, but it seems as if Skaven are a right royal pain in the arse, what with having way too many siege engines that are very hard to counter. Is there a way, other than Pteredons, that works for dealing with them?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Okay, how much of a pain in the arse do you think fighting Skaven as the Dwarves is going to be?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Panfilo posted:

A Mung named Hung?

I imagined this fitting to the opening bars of the banjo duel in deliverance for some reason.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

I do wish it was easier to make money and see combinations. I prefer not having to fight sieges over and over.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

I just feel sad that the Dwarves don't get any love.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

dwarfs at least have gotten some stuff thrown their way in past updates. if there are real true beastmen fans somehow then i feel bad for their suffering

i don't feel bad for chaos fans tho. like a better faction nerds!!!

I think they must be the least played faction, y'know?

But it's more that the Dwarves get "build a fancy new sword of +1" and that's it.

That and I really hate how much money it takes to get things up and running in games.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Insurrectionist posted:

E: After those two it's definitely Dwarves and Lizards though, Lizards have an amazing roster of monsters but besides that they kinda lack a little something from tabletop I think.

I think the lizards need more fun stuff to do on the campaign map, heck, I'd say most of the factions need more fun things to do there. Empire gets stuff to be getting along with, why not have Kroak show up and lecture Mazdamundi about not being a frog supremacist.

That and, have the VC get a few more cool legendary lords would be nice but I'd tie that in to a major diplomacy rework.

Chorfs would be brilliant to see, if only because I imagine my strong short sons would be loving fuming about them.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Insurrectionist posted:

*Not being ENOUGH of a frog supremacist

Kroak is a friend and I refuse to hear a word against him.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Kroak is the best frog to ever frog. Maz is a fuckup who's done more damage than any individual screaming Chaos idiot.

Eimi posted:

Yeah Mazdamundi is alone in being toad hitler, he's just the strongest "living" Slaan.

Yay!

I wish we had had Kroak as an actual faction leader, just a little skink interpreting the movements of the mummy and coming up with ideas whilst Kroak slowly starts making the arduous trek back to a full body.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Arkhan is a genuinely competent minion who Nagash even has a bit of respect for.

Everyone wants to pants W'soran. Everyone.

Captain Oblivious posted:

It rules that it’s literally canon that Mazda is the racist uncle at Thanksgiving that makes all the other Slann suck in air through their non existent teeth and go “that loving guy right” when he’s gone

I love the idea that he is just constantly online on the Frog Internet and everyone is PM'ing everyone else going "does he ever log off"

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Gods I remember fighting one battle as Gelt against three skaven armies that slowly had to pour onto the battlefield from the opposite side and just raining down firepower as they came, praying that the ammo didn't run out before the rats did.

I really hope we get to see that here.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

The exception to the "farming" aspect are the black orcs, which are kind of like a weird fungus fusion between Hobgoblins and Orcs. The Chaos Dwarfs did it and then got themselves kicked in the head by the Orcs because they didn't like being ordered around by someone they could beat up.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Have there been many dwarves in the Everchosen fights?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Who does everyone think will be the new lords that will eventually be coming out?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

I do not like "War of the Beast" because it creates an attempt to do grimdark orks and that is an affront to nature. However I do like the Ork diplomat laughing at humies.

Also as regards Guilds in Dwarf society. Think of them like unions crossed with other guild ideas, but at there same time there is a great deal of co-operation between Dwarf holds, the guilds and Dwarven family units for the simple reason that to do otherwise is to get your head kicked in by rats, goblins, orcs, dragons, passing mercenaries, giants and anything else you happen to dig up. Dwarves have to be co-operative even if they really bristle and have as much, if not more, pride than elves.

I do like that Grimgor is very cross about reaching the top of the pyramid. He's achieved as much as he can and is now going "well what's next?" and then jumping into fights because it's what he thinks defines him.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Chadzok posted:

Sorry just reposting, is there no way to fix this?

I believe you can, but if you are zooming way out you are going into "strategic view" I am unsure exactly of the difficulty your having, do you have any screenshots?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Chadzok posted:

It's not far enough that I'm going into strategic, and a screenshot wouldn't show it unless I can get a gif somehow.

This is in battles - i've got it set to mousewheel zoom, as opposed to raising/lowering elevation. Except the first click of the mousewheel returns the camera to a 'default' orientation (like 45° or so) which almost always changes my point of focus, so I end up zooming on something else.

I do not know then I am afraid! Sorry!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Hungry posted:

Dwarfs need something, but even having playing like 100+ hours of them, I couldn't tell you what.

It's something that could serve as cavalry. It's anything that can go faster than "slower than loving treacle in winter".

Dwarves have great gunlines, great artillery and units that can get the poo poo kicked out of them. They do not have any ability to clean up folks on the battlefield and, in some instances, deal out damage. It's always a grind which is appropriate, but the cannons and organ guns and everything else don't make much of a dent against the sheer number of orcs you have to face.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

sounds like people just don’t like dwarfs, which isn’t surprising because the idea of a dwarf is kind of trolling tbh. Giving them cav or monsters would be terrible. just put them in frilly hats and codpieces and call them the empire at that point

That's a Grudgin'.

Also the idea of a reworked underway/rune power idea is sick as hell and I hope we can get that. There is very little for you to do as dwarves vs the AI. What I usually do is fill up on crossbows and artillery, park myself in a corner and just set my units to defensive mode in front of them and watch as units melt.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Fighting through orcs is a living nightmare when playing as the Dawi at the moment. It's like trying to kick down and ant hill when the ants have semi automatic weapons.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Vagabong posted:

I think those maps are tied directly into the Old World re-release by Games Workshop that's set some 300 years before the total war games, so I wouldn't draw too many expectations from it.

What. They are doing Horus heresy Warhammer? Dear lord that is disappointing.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

ArchRanger posted:

Better that than more Age of Sigmar nonsense at least.

See I'd disagree. AoS started badly but it's fun and silly and whilst, imo, being worse than normal warhammer it's something I am sure people can like.

But Horus for the Old World is just... it feels like a step backwards.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Sorry when I mentioned "they are doing Horus Heresy Warhammer" what I meant was doing a new set up where everything is set a long time before everything "happens" in the lore.

It's not something I particularly like seeing, but I hope other people enjoy it!

Also I cannot wait to see the Hobgoblin Khanate.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Oh that's what the squad of silverpurple surfers were.

Those were people mounted on discs of Tzeentch. The most famous one that I remember from the table top was this fellow from back in the late 2000's:

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Randarkman posted:

Thinking about it, what I'm actually lookign forward to the most is playing the Empire in the Mortal Empires campaign a little ways down the line when we've been loaded up on DLC and faction overhauls, especially for Warriors of Chaos, and just trying (but probably failing) to recreate something like this moment.

You are the Lord of Nothing - stomp-

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

The emperor was a fascistic monster from the start and should have been put down like a mad dog.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

I'm going to play build a demon. My first ever bad guy campaign. I just like the idea of playing it up as a hammy demon prince.

Though I do hope that the DP can set up cults like some of the main chaos folks can, I'd love to be loving around with occult underground nonsense!

After that it is Cathay. I like playing as Dwarves mostly and it seems like they are going to be fulfilling that niche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Randarkman posted:

I'm like 99% sure prince build-a-bear can't make cults.

Awhhh, booo. Oh well, guess Slaanesh or Tzeetch will be my 3rd choice.