Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Davincie posted:

high elf supremacy

M-mods?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

New thread title here.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That said, Turin is one of those players who can make any faction seem strong. He's the guy who played a lot of Dorfs and pre-ROR Chaos after all.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I have a horrible confession to make. I'm looking forward to High Elves because it looks like you can make a nigh-uncrackable, elite infantry core of heavily armored and armed White Lions, Swordmasters, and Phoenix Guard that can deal with any target. Hell, take Sea Guard as your archer unit and even they'll be able to put up a fight in melee.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Kainser posted:

Sea Guard looks very interesting. Oh, you managed to get a cavalry charge on my exposed archers? Enjoy their antilarge melee :getin:

Anyone know if they have Charge Defence too?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I ride bikes all day posted:

Please tell me you can get an Old Blood riding a Carnosaur.

You can, but the picture you just posted features a Skink Oracle riding a Troglodon. :spergin:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's cool that this game will have Heroes riding around on big monsters and contraptions like their Lords can, while in the first the best they could get was a chariot.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Dandywalken posted:

I hope its a really corny 2d representation stretched across the entire skybox tbh.

I'm having flashbacks to the Icon of Sin.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Game 3's probably gonna be a bit later, because someone mentioned that they're gonna release a new historical title between TWW2 and TWW3. If that's the case and the new real-world thing also ends up on a new engine, then I'm secretly hoping they'll port Total Warhammer: Daemon Boogaloo to said engine as well.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Phrosphor posted:

He also has that Vermin Bravery skill that aoe pushes back all enemies and gives him a run speed buff.

Yeah, but so do regular Warlords. And they can ride Bonebreakers.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I haven't really played these games since like. . . the wood elves came out?

But this seems like a good time to dive back into a campaign.

Advice / tips for Skaven? Or are we still working that out?

PartyElite's put out a pretty good guide to starting out as them. Apparently he'll go into more advanced tactics and strategies in a later video.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Chomp8645 posted:

The name "Warhammer 2" is really misleading imo. It's much like Napleon, Attila, and Fall of Samurai. It's a fake sequel. Really it's an expansion in every sense that an old school gamer would understand the term, albeit it's a big expansion.

Hmmm, yes, I remember all of those classic expansion packs with as much as/more completely new content as the original game, such as:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Doorknob Slobber posted:

anyone have a link to a youtube being good at this or tw:w and explaining why they do x y or z. I'm really, really bad at both this and tw:w and want to be better.

PartyElite is the guy everyone always trots out when this question's asked. I don't know whether his guides only cover battles or if they touch on the campaign map too, since I've never watched them because I am a genius.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Someone made a video of the various sync attacks in the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZFiuwrGiSI

I really like the Legendary Lord dueling ones, especially Queek V Kroq. :allears:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Ze Pollack posted:

mankind unfortunately does not have much of a leg to stand on at this point in time

I beg to differ, sir.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Give me Spess Mehreen rats or give me death

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

deathbagel posted:

Just make the Dwarves all fly! The only part of the Age of Sigmar that I actually like.

I hate this.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Honestly, I doubt those dug up balance changes are set in stone, but we'll see when ME comes out. Speaking of, here's a bigger interview with PCGamer that goes into victory mechanics a little bit. http://www.pcgamer.com/how-total-war-warhammer-2s-free-mortal-empires-campaign-plans-to-glue-both-games-together/

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

MadJackMcJack posted:

But at this point I've got so many confederated lords that the AI leveled up badly

I'm surprised nobody ever made a respec mod, tbh.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Cheshire Cat posted:

In WH1 I think they were also a bit inconsistent about having AP damage but that seems more common in 2 so when Mortal Empires rolls around they may bring the older armies in line with that standard.

No, I'm pretty sure all halberd weapons do both anti-large and armour piercing in the first game too.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Vulkan support for Total Warhammer when?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

madmac posted:

Vampire Coast is actually pretty different from regular Vampires, hordes of zombies with pistols, rifles, deck guns, a gigantic cannon, bloated exploding Zombies, Zombie sea monsters, ect. They're basically a shooty army leveraging sheer volume of fire over accuracy. Also I'd say they're pretty much confirmed considering Luthor Harken isn't the faction leader currently.

Really, knowing how CA does things from the first game, they love using their random schlubs as placeholders for DLC. The nobody leading Vampire Coast right now isn't even Harkon's first mate, so that's suspicious. Averlorn being led by some random douche likewise. Itza is a 10 slot province, so one of the Lizardmen characters is going to be starting there.

Amazons OTOH, I don't have much hope for. There's not a single in game reference to them in game that I can remember seeing, and their island in Lustria isn't in the game either. They could show up as part of Dogs of War but anything else seems unlikely at this point.

Did the Amazons ever even have an army list? From what I understand, most of their popularity stems from Blood Bowl.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Hoping its expanded in some way. Well, mostly one way.

I want to see people burn.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Junkenstein posted:

I was thinking about this. The way I see it, Total Warhammer 2 is the fourth game based on the Rome 2 model, it's getting on a bit now. If the next historical TW mixes up the fundamentals again and comes out out before Warhammer 3, maybe those changes will carry through, not just to WH3 but also its Grand Campaign. That might be worth buying even if the main races are a bit meh.

Probably far too much work to make WH3 more than an massive expansion and still compatible with the old games though.

The next historical TW game will (finally) be made on a new engine and I believe it's supposed to come out before TW3. So if the third Warhammer game includes said engine upgrade, that could definitely be used as a selling point by their marketing team.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Psycho Landlord posted:

Also lol at the Ham Sandwich bomb out of nowhere, he's real good at this.
I'd been wondering where I'd seen that posting style before, so I double checked and sure enough, the Bitcoin thread. :lol:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

tarbrush posted:

Still think game three will be chaos in the old world: the videogame. Which I think CA can do well, but it'd be a challenge to get it right and get it to sell.

I don't hate aspected Chaos as much as people in this thread seem to (Vanilla game's warriors are kind of dull though) so I'd be down with it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Cheshire Cat posted:

For Mortal Empires, will I need to have WH1 installed or do I just need to have it purchased on Steam? I've been looking to free up some room on my HD and it seems silly to keep WH1 around once it's been more or less integrated into WH2.

You just need to own the first game for ME. This should really be the thread title...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Ammanas posted:

: Chariot Harder

Me: gently caress you Surka Eth stop running over all my troops its not fun.

Surtha Ek: *Dragula starts playing*

Mordja fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 23, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Prel posted:

Is playing dwarf/empire/vamps/etc. in ME going to be basically the same thing as doing a campaign with them in WH1? I know there's some stuff that won't be in ME right away but let's not worry about that for the moment.
I'd say the biggest change is the loss of regional occupation, but otherwise I think you're good.

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Yeah it kinda sucks, I was gonna play 'Durthu stomps Ulthuan' but I guess I'll wait and play Dorfs or something first.
Eh, I kind of feel like the revamped skill trees are a bigger deal than the RORs in a way.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Sounds like all feral units rampage now, including unmounted squigs.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 25, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Plavski posted:

Warhammer is fun and over the top. Dune is ponderous, tedious and far too serious.

I would not play the hell out of it! Bring back our Warhams!

No dad. You don't have to play as Leto. You can be anybo-

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Triskelli posted:

This. The biggest hurdle with Araby is the fact that any of their units get called “Arabian Whatevers” and the only guy in the fiction that could be turned into a LL is an evil sorcerer named Jaffar. Just nab a few city names from one of the RPG books and throw a dart to pick which one would be the playable faction (Ilashik works), then ignore the blatant orientalist stuff from the fluff and portray them as normal middle-eastern dudes with flying carpets that fight mummies on Tuesdays and French Crusaders on Thursdays.

Definitely keep the evil sorcerer, just name him J'afar or something.

J'afar the Steamhead Duardin.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

SickZip posted:

All the concern over cultural sensitivity and offense is making me think back to C&C Generals and the shitstorm it would cause if it were released today.

Ironically, very popular and heavily modded in Arab territories and China...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

DeathSandwich posted:

...Digital Combat Sim: A-10 WAAAUUUGHHHHHH.

A fully detailed A-10 Cockpit and flight model, at the start of a mission if you take too long to get the plane started a bunch of greenskins come and you have to beat them away with a VR Warhammer without trashing your dials.

Now I just want a Deff Skwadron game. :sigh:

E: How has GW not tried to crowfund a game by selling jpegs of 40k spaceships. Call it...Warp Denizen.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 25, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Martout posted:

Queek starts with warp lighting cannon, GOTY 2017

also holy gently caress is the map huge

all my mods seem to work but I'm not using anything fancy

How're the turn times?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Plus I think there's supposed to be more time between the second and third games.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Phi230 posted:

why not? Would Mortal Empires 2 or whatever comes out during Warhammer 3 not include the WH2 races?
You have to already own the games/DLC the races were featured in to play as them in ME.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I like to think the DE player in this video is just big into roleplaying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5My0fY0WlM8

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

JBP posted:

There is so much suspect old GW stuff around. On the other hand old 40k was pretty cool given that it leant heavily into 2000AD style funny criticisms of fascism and poo poo until it turned into a dead eyed space borne white power fantasy.

I still like fantasy and 40k though :V

Eh, I think the existence of Regimental Standard proves they haven't abandoned 40k's satirical nature entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

With your chariots, do you actually click on enemy units to attack or do you click on the ground where you want them to end up?

You gotta click on them to get the charge bonus. Basically you want to ram into them and then click behind to unit to quickly keep going through. Turn around and repeat.