Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Ze Pollack posted:

if you want to imagine the future, imagine a triceratops stomping on an elven face, forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Mukip posted:

Nothing will ever top the divorcing couple dividing up their beanie baby assets in court.

Did they try to coax the stuffed animals over to their side?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

hooman posted:

I'm going to play Tyrion first, crush all dissent within the Asur, then sail across the seas and pound the Drucii tryhards into the dust.

All elf death, all the time.

Are we rats yet?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Encryption is done, all systems are green.

Edit: AHahaha, anti virus stopped it from launching, because no users had used it before.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
I am having a weird bug, whenever I try to lineup multiple units at once, for some reason there is always several that gets spread out over the map instead along the line.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Ze Pollack posted:

it is important to recognize Mazdamundi's Bastiladon is a heavily armored monster with more mass than god that some skinks have attached a long-range peashooter to.

that thing is very, very heavy cavalry that also forces enemies without siege weapons to charge you.

Yea, I mostly just let it dino arty fire until people are in melee, in which point I just charge them into the biggest group. Its not useless as arty, but it does more damage up close than at range, not to mention is both disrupts and fears.

Edit: Also, dino arty its rather good at firing at other big units, like dragons, abominations and hydras.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 29, 2017

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Tenzarin posted:

What are these empire guys eating?

Carrots. Just... carrots.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Bit bummed if they removed so much of the southern regions, cutting the western parts of Lustria and Not Canada does not really affect things, but the Southlands could been an interesting arena.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
One of the best mods are the one that increases the travel speed for the camera during the end turn.

I like to see the enemy moves, but it can take ages over several continents.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Meh, wish they had kept more of Not Africa. Kroq-gar been put on a time-out in the corner, and any Tomb King and Araby factions will have very little space to expand, even if the Tomb Kings will be more like Wood Elves. If they had just left out the jungle part, there would been space for both Araby or Tomb King to expand without having to immediately having to exterminate the other.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Did not know they released any maps of the new Warhammer setting.

Vargs posted:

There are very few settlements to the north, and very few before you hit the main Dwarf faction to the south that cuts you off from everything else. You can settle anywhere now, but do you really want to have the majority of your empire in unsuitable climate Vamp/Empire lands?

There is an entire island of elves to slaughter right there, why do you need to fight anyone else?

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 20, 2017

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

SMP posted:

Godspeed, College of Pyrotechnics.

These crazy bastards carved out a nice 4-settlement nation in between Morathi and Mazdamundi and have held it since drat near the beginning.

Its quite fun to adopt a awesome faction and help them build up.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Mightypeon posted:

Mazdamundi is indeed frog Hitler.

I am Kroq Gar, did the ritual battle around his turf via teleport (so, I am actually on the other side of the world). I get vision of him because of this and ...
he declares war on me.

Feelsbadman, he was actually doing pretty ok with 12 provinces in turn 60.

Yea, the ending of the Mazda's ritual was a mood whiplash.

"The world is safe and the great ones plan can continue."

Yay!

"Commence the purge."

Wait, what?

Edit: Hurrr, edit, not new post.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Aurubin posted:

Were Luminarks of Hysh always mega murder machines or is that new to TWII? I knew they were ok for large unit sniping, but drat. I usually never used them, because they wouldn't fire if there was a branch on the ground obstructing their view.

Did they fix it so they stopped doing wheelies every time you told them to attack anyone?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Pierson posted:

Got my worlds mixed up, I'm just gonna go where the lizards can't get me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Then again, if you don't want your lord riding a giant Carnosaur, you might as well uninstall the game.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Dunno-Lars posted:

So, I remade my adventuring party mods and turned them all into one single mod that works for all factions.
While doing so, I asked a friend of mine to just slap something together for me that I could use as the picture in the mod launcher. Sent him some of CAs official pictures of the lords, thinking he would copy paste and put it together in 15 minutes or so.

He spent four hours, and made this:

Gave me permission to share it as long as I share your comments on it...

The mod, if anyone wonders: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1190120227

For those who can't see it:
Malektih - Orion - Queek
Grombrindal - Mazdamundi - Karl Franz
Tyrion - Grimgor - Vlad

Mazda looks like he is the mood for defilement for once.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

jokes posted:

Honestly, I haven't had much success with skinks. I know they're there and they're conceptually very useful, but I keep on playing lizardmen like vampires and just burying dudes in melee infantry and monsters. It's far more effective, in my opinion.

Yea, I just keep a couple around for debuffing monsters or kiting cavalry, they are not bad against other ranged units, but why use mediocre ranged when you can have excellent infantry or a dino instead.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

JBP posted:

I hope they release Sigmarines as the final DLC

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Sinteres posted:

RIP Araby DLC

:(

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

toasterwarrior posted:

Yes, they are actual cannibals, in that the usual reward for the victorious Ogre fighting another over a leadership position, apart from leadership, also includes getting to eat the loser.

They're more of omnicarnivores, I guess; they'll eat anything with meat.

Still, they can at least be reasoned with, in that they realize that raiding a village will give lots of food for a month, while extracting tribute will give food for years. If the ogres are just passing by, bad luck.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Dramicus posted:

The map extension would have to be far too big. The only type of those factions that could sort of fit into the Mortal Empires map are the Kingdoms of Ind. They are located just to the right of the gulf. It's likely we will never see any of the far east factions.

Edit: see my ultra professional map

1)Yes. 2)No.

Kinda liked this (old) map, but everything east of Chaos Dwarves and Ogres is a long shot. Still, adding totally not asian empires and beastman kingdoms would pretty much complete Warhammer Total War.

https://royalpsycho.deviantart.com/art/Warhammer-World-Map-by-Zanzibar-with-nations-654039761

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Dr Christmas posted:

The twist was that the plan was never supposed to save the world, just provide a speed bump while the new world is set up, but that doesn't make how they went about it more sensible. So you want to empower Malekith and Nagash two baby-eating murder-rapists, who went on to found entire societies based on baby-eating and murder-raping, who over the millennia did more damage than most of the Everchosen combined. And to do so you sacrifice thousands of men and gods who stand alongside you. I'd think more people alive to face them would mean a better speed bump, but what do I know.

The person who came out worse than everyone in all that was Asuryan, who it turns out was throwing a millennia-long tantrum, screwing over countless millions of his own faithful children (and also dwarves and humans), to give Malekith a second, third, and eleventy-jillionth chance. Because the Phoenix Kings performing a ritual the wrong way was more offensive to him.

It kinda makes sense to think of the Elven Gods as the WH fan boys who grew up to be hired by GW.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Won't the Devs take issue with adding content from another game, or are they more cool than GW?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
The reason my dwarf campaigns take so long is because I need flame canons and iron drakes for the purification of elf lands. Whether it is appropriate to use is irrelevant, it is all about the execution (of elves).

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Double Bill posted:

You should be able to sacrifice skavenslaves for food, and then just never stop recruiting them on your permanent farm stack.

Ah, the well concieved cat rat and rat ranch.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Night10194 posted:

Outside of maybe Vaul and occasionally Hoeth, the Elf Gods are pretty uniformly dickbags at all times.

Well, they are elven gods.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

SHISHKABOB posted:

How on earth does Norsca and the chaos wastes support the kind of population that could overwhelm in the empire in numbers?

I guess if they are kinda like vikings, then commoners have a heavier focus on martial arts than peasants further south, ensuring that a larger percent can be called up for battles, and being raiders, they probably going in fast and hard before the the local lords knows they are there, and be long gone by the time forces can be gathered to oppose them.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

And the strong must eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Usually that would be a grudgin' but in honour of ratmas, it's two!