Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
in on the ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
New thread going at Trump speed

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

triple sulk posted:

gently caress i need to get to the grocery store

do you switch owners do carts or digital btw

I'm all physical.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

euphronius posted:

Zelda breath of the wild defies capitalism

it's amazing

:yeah:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm excited for the physical releases of Shovel Knight and Shantae on the Switch

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

GobiasIndustries posted:

It's far and away GOTY. Nintendo took all previous open world adventure games behind the shed and dragged their lifeless corpses back out front for everyone to see.

IMO.

I want all future Nintendo games to be made in that engine. Imagine an Animal Crossing like that

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm not clicking that link but I'm just gonna assume that's at best meaningless but probably bad

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

You can't defeat my positivity

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

im cute posted:

a lot of familiar faces but no stand-out Posting Superstars in the trump post olympics.

Try Harder, You All!
:justpost:

drat, I need to step up my game

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
any of you guys watching Kamen Rider Build?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kamen Rider isn't anime, you fool

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squizzle posted:

how is it

It's real good. It remind me a lot of the older Heisei shows, like Kabuto or Kiva. Less light-hearted than some of the more recent Kamen Riders

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zyla posted:

Wakanim, an officially-licensed anime streaming service in Europe, has started preparing for the fall season by publishing English (and French) subtitled trailers of upcoming TV series My Girlfriend Is Too Much To Handle aka My Girlfriend Is Sobitch aka Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shojo Bitch na Ken ("My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Bitch"),

:thunk:

The Japanese use the English word "bitch" to mean slut, I don't know why. So a more accurate translation of the tile would be My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Slut

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I will never call another band overrated until people stop talking about Nirvana

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

oh word? Phyllis Schafly is human poo poo?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TMMadman posted:

Maybe the Trumps are kinky and they like Jared to crossdress and get pegged by Ivanka while Daddy Don does his daughter from behind as Don Jr and Eric are tied up in the corner watching.

Tiffany wasn't invited :(

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pitbull would unironically demonstrably be a better president than the current president

that is the world we live in

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mgyn Kelly's entire current career is built on the idea, formed during the election, that she was like, the president's arch-nemesis, right? But now everybody knows that Trump is a whiny baby who'll bitch about literally anyone, Mgyn Kelly has no special talent, but they've invested too much money into making her a thing so they have to keep it going for at least a couple months.

Is that basically what's going on?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

GobiasIndustries posted:

She was hailed as a conservative hero who asked tough questions and had a law background and was hot and smart and had a family, basically she had it all. The left disliked her because of her super lovely opinions on race, religion, abortion, etc. Then Trump attacked her and the right started hating her because :smugdon:. NBC hired her and her first two big interviews were with Putin & Alex Jones and her show got cancelled and there's really not any demographic for her anymore.

Wait, her current morning show is her second post Fox show?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Nastier Nate posted:

NBC foolishly paid alot of money for Megyn Kelly so they're going to shuffle her around until her contract runs up and try to recoup as much of their investment as they can. Suggestions include:

-guest on celebrity game night
-host of celebrity match game
-2nd rate correspondent for the today show
-jimmy fallon's co-host
-announcer on Comcast preview channel
-nbc page

I wonder if her contract is worded in such a way that they could just have her star in a season of The Bachelorette.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

sloppo posted:

kurt voted yes

the fisherman's wife is historically accurate

That's a painting, not a book

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

euphronius posted:

wonderm woman owns and you should watch it

I haven't even watched Logan yet

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I did just watch Swiss Army Man, that's a good movie

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

New Donk City is not our world

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

euphronius posted:

ww is real good

you will think a part is bad when you watch it but I assure you it is also good

I'll get to it, but I need to watch Logan and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 as well. Also every DCCU movie I've seen has been terrible.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Was it this thread where somebody had that really good thing about how we're living through the eco-apocalypse, it's happening right now, but we can't recognize it because movies have trained us to expect a sudden shift instead of a slowly rolling change that you can safely ignore until it rolls over you?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lastgirl posted:

im gonna be a stowaway on a greenpeace ship

Are greenpeace ships really something you need to stowaway on? How hard is it to get a berth on one of those?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mister magpie posted:

starting soon!

I've never seen any of the Showa stuff, so I will watch this

Yinlock posted:

i don't think that's movies' fault, but rather people being fuckin' idiots

also boomers of course

I guess it's the human brain's tendency to expect events to form narratives.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

euphronius posted:

the twist in ww is way way way better than the twist in gg2

I heard a reveiw of the movie, the twist is the guy who says he wants peace actually wants war, right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Nastier Nate posted:

Lots of scientists have said we're in the early stages of the next great extinction, we just don't give a poo poo. And even if we did give a poo poo and dropped 99% of our carbon emissions overnight, the damage is already done. And that wouldn't even stem the bleeding cause we'd need to get every other industrialized country on board. And since most of THEM haven't even gotten theirs yet they will give less of a poo poo than we do, which is a pretty minuscule amount of poo poo as previously stated. In essence, we're hosed and at some point in the future we'll have to explain that to our kids.

It was specifically in relation to Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is hosed, it's not going to get rebuilt. People will leave, they'll be lucky enough to be wealthy enough to live in the rebuilt sections, or they'll live in shantytowns, and that's it. An entire section of the country was devastated, and it's not coming back. The apocalypse has hit America.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love that they still get the original Kamen Rider guy back to do movies

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

euphronius posted:

she was Ares all along. she fights herself at the end of the movie

That sounds incredibly stupid

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

euphronius posted:

it actually works really well and is compelling imho based on the other character context they give us

What's your opinion on Man of Steel and Batman v Superman?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agrajag posted:

soko, china, and the phillipines ain't gonna like a wartime japan much

if there's gonna be something that unites them it's absolutely a wartime japan.

it's like japan doesn't realize that the ones in charge are the kids of the people who have experienced japanese occupation/atrocities first hand

There was a really good anime about that

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Baloogan posted:

ugh someone give me an anime studio ill make a better GATE

There's an anime series called Mobile Suit Gundam Reconguista in G about a society that has known peace for a thousand years deciding to build a military that's a real blatant metaphor for Japan re-militarizing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Epic High Five posted:

Does it involve a fat dragon with a bad haircut?

no, no dragons. Just robots

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I read some of the GATE manga, and there's one part where they can tell a group of commandos is American because one of them is black

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agrajag posted:

if bombardier ends up laying off workers in northern ireland may is donezoed 100%

Northern Ireland is the bad Ireland, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agrajag posted:

only thing i know about it is that the only reason may is able to hang onto her premiership

That's a soccer thing, right? so if Norther Ireland collapses May will be relegated?

• Locked thread