Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I'd be down with a Nina Turner candidacy. She'd probably get Bernie's endorsement too (provided he doesn't feel compelled to run again), given that she runs the organization he set up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Really once you exit the system after having served your time, full citizen rights and privileges should be restored and your record should not be held against you. You've served your time.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Yronic and Jefferson Clay are really sticking to that Weinstein playbook on the Erica Garner ad, I see.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Obama himself said that if he were to have run in the 80s he'd be seen as a moderate Republican, so they absolutely know how rightward of LBJ and Roosevelt their stances actually are.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Crosspostin':

FBI uncovered Russian bribery plot before Obama administration approved controversial nuclear deal with Moscow

quote:

They also obtained an eyewitness account — backed by documents — indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow, sources told The Hill.

The racketeering scheme was conducted “with the consent of higher level officials” in Russia who “shared the proceeds” from the kickbacks, one agent declared in an affidavit years later.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Majorian posted:

Yeah, I haven't looked too closely, but at first glance it looks like a pretty firmly debunked conspiracy theory.

I actually also dismissed the story ages ago for the same reasons. It came up during the elections even and certain people, like H A Goodman reported on it continuously and that man is a loving hack. On the other hand I'm starting to see this story now popping up in a few places with courtroom affidavits appended. That Hill article has affidavits appended too.

TYT Politics, the TYT investigative arm, also just covered it too, and they usually check their poo poo in regards to this stuff. So I'm just watching for further developments.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Cerebral Bore posted:

On a related note, this is also why the whole yelling a lot about Russia is so dumb. The only people who care enough about Russia to make it a decisive factor in their voting are middle and upper class liberals who will vote Dem anyway. Outside the political classes people certainly don't give a poo poo about it when compared to issues like putting food on the table or not dying because you have lovely insurance or not getting gunned down because you don't pass the paper bag test or any other reason that materially affects non-bourg people. So if the bad dems get their way and make the next elections all about Russia, they're once again shooting themselves in the foot. I guess this is also why people like JC incredulously demand answers as to why somebody could dare to be critical on the dumbass laser focus on Russia, because he's either incapable of getting that the dem establishment could possibly be bad at politics or mad that people can see this very obvious fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MxtdXfiN8Q

Nina Turner is pretty great, yo.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Another nice interview with Thomas Frank on the Democratic party, the rise of the populist right and the failings of "Centrist" politics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL9E9spqUVk

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 23, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Majorian posted:

Really good interview btw.

Say what you want about TYT (I think the main show and their pop-culture stuff is utter garbage, for instance), but they have done decent interviews and their investigative reporting arms do really good work.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 24, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
He's good in their "Aggressive Progressive" segments, because he has other people to play off of well. I can take or leave his own show.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGYOizfMpfM

Hillary forgets that the news media in the UK are a little bit more apt to challenge their interviewee.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 24, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

gowb posted:

Yes the people in "Welch" are more willing to question people in power lmao
Who is this kid

Mike Figueredo, one of the larger channels and casts in the second (third?) wave of progressive/leftist news and opinion channels that became activated during and since the last general election. I think he recently rolled into the TYT network at some point, so he could get some advice/protection from YouTube's continuing "Adpocalypse", which isn't just effecting the revenues of Right Wing poo poo-heels.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
TYT Politics have a series of videos covering the Donna Brazile article out and breaking it down for their audience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-5lriHKTO8

One for the money laundering and financial side (which TYT actually also covered a year ago):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCNrXomzv5U

And one for the coverage this is getting from MSM, and the downplaying they're doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqsUEpFAbgU

Nomiki Konst will be doing another video later breaking down more details on this with thread "favourite" Tulsi Gabbard.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
You want to put the kid to sleep, sing the traditional rendition of The Red Flag, sung to the cadence of O Tennanbaum.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 3, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
21 of the 59 winners running in that last set of elections were backed by Our Revolution, plus the aforementioned DSA wins, taking them up to 35 or so representatives in government is definitely good progress.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Let's just be clear on who Joe Biden is, since he's been mentioned

quote:

On economic issues, there is a kind of cognitive dissonance between Biden’s persona and his policy prescriptions. In Chicago, “Middle Class” Joe, as he repeatedly referred to himself, vigorously defended the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), which has aptly been described by Senator Bernie Sanders as “part of a global race to the bottom to boost the profits of large corporations.” For Biden what is important is that the TPP would have allowed the United States to “have written the rules of the road [as to] what constituted fair trade,” never mind the effects the agreement would have had on American workers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP1h2JXwGuI

I mean, just listen to this poo poo.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Another factor I've seen reported is that turnout was down for Moore. There are people speculating (BBC, MSNBC, NewsWeek) that the vote wasn't brought out for the same reason alot of the Democratic base hasn't been turning out in recent elections. The person on the ticket wasn't tolerable to them. It's just that the Republican base is ridiculously right-wing and it takes some real poo poo to get some (but not all) of them to stay home.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Nonsense posted:

politics is real and strong, but not my friend.

Peter Daou?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Ogmius815 posted:

What do Fox News and the bernout crew have in common? They're both pathologically obsessed with Hillary Clinton. Even now that she's less relevant than she has been since she was 25 years old, still they're obsessed.

Nobody outside of Chappaqua wants HRC to be the Democratic nominee, you can relax now.

It's more that she's making every indication, or just outright saying that she wants to be of import to the process in upcoming races. She's making herself noteworthy here, and it's got nothing to do with people being obsessed over her. She's putting herself out there and by god she needs to catch flak for it.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Trying to limit the term "rigged" to changing vote tallies is stupidly reductive.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
If the Democrats had run anyone else, I doubt whatever Russian meddling happened would have made any difference. The Democrats just had to go and rig their own primary to put up the worst possible contender and make any meddling that may have happened a possible issue.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Inescapable Duck posted:

Also, China is looking at becoming an uninhabitable polluted wasteland, to the point where it can no longer produce enough food to feed itself and is dependent on imports!

Just like they made the relatively quick switch from being a largely agrarian society to being an industrial powerhouse, China has set its sights on becoming the world leader on green technology. If they change at the rate they did previously, in ten or twenty years, they'll be the world leader on renewable technologies and will no longer be polluting at the rate they are now. A large amount of the solar panels and technology used globally now come from China, I believe. This is why Trumps levies on Solar imports are to be kept in mind, as alot of the booming solar installation set-ups in the US use said technology.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Office Pig posted:

Seder really should have just shut that poo poo down.

Seder spent post primary 2016 lesser-eviling heavily for Clinton, then defending her and shouting down even more thoughtful, non-Dore critques of supporting the Dems at the time. Then he's spent all his time criticising Trump while being mostly hands off on the Dems and this is the natural progression of where that line leads. There's no way he can shout down the caller. The caller is the end result of the Trump hyberbolie and lesser evilism that Seder has partaken in.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Majorian posted:

You really haven’t listened to the show post-2016 primary if you think any of this is true.:psyduck:

e: :lol: at that MR clip btw. Jeff is 100% Fulchrum.

I used to follow Seder quite a bit pre and post 2016. I stopped at the end of 2017 somewhere when yeah, his coverage felt like it was almost entirely Trump and shouting down people who disagreed with his very Liberal preaching of lesser evil voting for Clinton. Even when they made the correct points that it was her and the campaign's fault and not the fault of people that couldn't bring themselves to vote for her that was the problem. At that point, he was coming across as incredibly bougie Lib talking down from his gentrified studio on the banks of the Gawanas Canal.

Turned me off entirely.

Now I'll go and catch Michael Brooks occasionally on his own show, but I don't feel like going back to the Majority Report. There are better pod casts like Citations Needed, and even Chapo Trap House that feel more worth my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
How did they take the Mueller Investigation "prepare for diappointment" announcement?

• Locked thread