Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Maybe he does it a lot because connected, affluent white people on twitter really loving love to ignore POC to their left, often to a :yikes: degree as was presented here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

More slaver than slaveowner, tbh

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Nevvy Z posted:

I'm ending this conversation because the way you are using this woman is getting genuinely offensive.

:ironicat:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Literally no one said "the real racists" like we're implying that only centrists are racist and no one else, stop projecting your fears into other's posts.

loving this.

The reason this poo poo gets brought up is because, and JClay just did a great job in demonstrating this, establishment dems have a vested interest in presenting themselves as having a complete and total monopoly on black thought - and when this is shown to not be the case, the "offending" black person functionally ceases to exist because that existence is inconvenient to the narrative. And that's a loving problem.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Loam you're in enough of these threads to know that Koop is a troll and that the people you're talking to consider him as such.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

In what loving world is attacking prison slave labor a right wing tactic.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

There's nothing misleading about it. She directly had slaves working for her in the governor's mansion, saw nothing wrong with it, and justified it with some phrenology-level bullshit.

Of course, the label is also applied with the knowledge that she and Bill would go on to condemn millions more black Americans into that same slavery.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It really is. He says these things, knowing not just that he's defended pretty much every form of slavery under the sun, but that the people reading his posts are fully aware of that fact.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Calibanibal posted:

isnt FDR dead

Wikipedia says he is but...I dunno, man. That's wikipedia. I'm hesitant to trust it on this.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

"He voted for the TOC bill!!" is always the funniest thing, just because it's always apparent to literally everyone that the person spouting it would instead be going on about how Bernie hates women and wants their husbands to be able to beat them with impunity if he'd voted against it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

"This person who has spread abject misery to all corners of the globe, ending and ruining the lives of millions, is definitely receiving a disproportionate amount of criticism over her terrible character and politics."

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Willie Tomg posted:

Thanks, Chuck. Thuck.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MooselanderII posted:

I get that, but my point is that there is less of a natural constituency for earnest corporate tax cuts in Alabama of all places.

Yup, there isn't. It's dumbass pandering to a demographic that doesn't exist here for the sake of appearing willing to look after conservative interests if elected.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I enjoy the talk about just ~bootstrapping out~ of rural poverty as if every drat person, young or old, doesn't essentially wake up every morning to

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Koalas March posted:

I don't think anyone here is saying that. We're saying it's hard to muster up sympathy for white idiots who continue to act against their own interests just to stick it to minorities.

I was expressly talking about the person so full of himself that he types up the phrase "the children they have that are worth anything."

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Majorian posted:

This isn't a thing that actually matters.

Never underestimate just how mad people get about the democrats not having Bernie's email list.

Because it is extremely.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

In what world is someone with the history of inflicting misery upon millions of others only a "minor" crook.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Majorian posted:

To be fair, she's no more responsible for most of that misery than a great many other Democrats. That shouldn't let her off the hook, it's just important to realize how unremarkable she is in that respect.

OTOH this is still, when it comes down to it, such an exceptionally small amount of people as a sub-group to the already minor political class that I think "other people also technically just as bad" is irrelevant.

She's not technically unique among the human poo poo that congregates in that particular toilet bowl, but no one in that group gets to be counted as "minor" in terms of their offenses.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

To be completely fair, it wasn't rigged against Bernie. It was rigged against Biden...who then didn't run, but all those safeguards put in place were then ready to be used once Bernie's campaign showed itself as having legs.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jaxyon posted:

It's easy to say after the election that anyone who thought she'd win was an idiot, because the outcome is already done.

It does not take any amount of hindsight to look at a person poisoned by literal decades of scandal (both legitimate and not) and horrific decisions and come to the conclusion of "this person should not be anywhere loving near a presidential bid"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I also enjoy this rather cute framing of Bernie doing "significantly worse" that completely ignores the actual context of his run - ie, a protest run that unexpectedly blew the gently caress up as an early warning sign that things were gonna get bad, and in which Bernie literally did not campaign in an entire region because he had no idea how close he actually was to an upset until it was too late.

It's on the level of people calling Corbyn's embarrassing of May a failure.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

Lmao holy gently caress.

Also whoever called Manchin swapping parties after the midterms is almost certainly right.

Can I go ahead and call him swapping being blamed on people pushing against him.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Booker's likely gonna be destroyed by things like his Bain Capital comments and not even being able to bring himself to even symbolically vote to do a drat thing about pharma costs here.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ftr I think the Bain stuff will, ironically, bite him more due to it being a scolding directed at Obama than for defending Bain.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

I 100% think Ellison runs for president within the decade, but his tenure as AG should be watched closely to see if he continues to do well.

Edit: I’m assuming he wins of course.

I'm cautiously optimistic given the "is not and has never been a prosecutor" thing, but yeah AG is a position I will always be a bit incredulous toward.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Leftists purists: People getting healthcare is bad because the perfect is the enemy of the good
Normal people with progressive values: The ACA Saved my life, what is wrong with you?!
Leftist purist: loving Centrists :smug:

That's what just happened.

The idea that the ACA isn't perfect doesn't mean it didn't help people. Your inability to understand this really pisses people off that were helped by the ACA. Advocating for it to not have been passed, is literally saying these people should not have health coverage, and makes you a bad person. Advocating for a better system does not.

It's telling that you're immediately siding with the dude who consistently goes into FYGM mode because the ACA helped him while not giving a single solitary poo poo about who it left behind and hosed over.

For someone who keeps talking as if they ~saw the light~ you consistently backslide into this dumb poo poo whenever you see the chance.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Bernie will then be blamed for not seeing this coming and dropping out in favor of an establishment candidate.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

HootTheOwl posted:

Where is fulcrum even getting the condiv supports bush thing from?

"If you don't think THE GAYS should have just shut the gently caress up and hid under a rock in the name of political expediency, then you must have wanted Bush to win."

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Prester Jane posted:

I am a disabled trans women who survives on less than $11,000 a year. Now I don't for sure.......but I am going to go way out on a limb and guess that you're a white male with a college degree and probably make at least 60k a year.

By all means Mr. Privileged Fuckhead- lecture me some more on how I can't advocate for my own interests and should rely on your judgment.

PJ he is literally so insulated he does not know what a fish fry is.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

WampaLord posted:

you freak out when people disagree with you and then go back to "this isn't on topic discussion for this thread, please go make another thread so I can ignore it and not have my views challenged in any way."

this is an incredibly charitable way to word "pitch a fit about how if inequality is a real issue over Russia, go make a thread for it and we'll see what people (affluent D&D posters) really care about :smug:"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

luv 2 call people cynical for acknowledging trash as trash

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I enjoy how right kilroy was to not buy loam's "oh wow the centrists actually are bad!" epiphany in the slightest and to keep giving him poo poo with no brakes.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Otoh, and this point was largely made elsewhere, Obama's ability to identify these very real problems and then lie to your loving face in service of maintaining them is also what makes him a different brand of dangerous.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Widening the lense a bit, the incredibly :yikes: Clinton campaign was also unfolding in all its poisonous glory which made it very easy to not pay attention to the warning signs Obama was sending out.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Are you still pulling a "Both sides are the same" argument? I get that the corporate corruption side is the same, but the end goals of the base of each party are two very different things.

I mean there's also the "never stop dropping bombs on those folks over there" thing. Which a lot of dem voters are perfectly content to ignore, sadly.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Also stepping back a bit but Obama also does not get enough poo poo for building up an incredible domestic surveillance apparatus that he then handed to Trump, even going so far as to increase its powers after the election with Trump coming in.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

And in general profited off his own reinforcing of white supremacy at home and, particularly, abroad. But Coates has always turned a blind eye to Obama's imperialism.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

How you gonna link a video of that scene that doesn't include "SHE BLUFFING, FINISH HER!!!"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Utterly shocking that the spiritual successor to the c-spam Hillary thread, that all the c-spam Hillary thread posters fled to after being completely embarrassed, exhibits every single one of the immensely lovely qualities present in that thread when given free reign to do so all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Fulchrum posted:

Let me try it in a way thats more palatable to you.

Sure, Cuomo may have "gotten more votes" and "appealed to more people" and will "actually get to be governor", but Nixon appealled to you personally, and that's the REAL victory.

Imagine catering to this particular brand of feces.

• Locked thread