Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I guess they need to keep their blood pure and unsullied, I guess?

Colour means nothing when you're going to roll the dice at puberty, and be either a wall or a butterfly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
gently caress you Inhumans.

"Midday" comes once a month on the moon. Who setup the "if I die the city explodes" deal for Maximus? I can't imagine rando inhuman engineer is happy to setup a failsafe that would result on their own death along with the deaths of their entire family. This show is astoundingly lazy and I really hope the city does explode.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

counterfeitsaint posted:

gently caress you Inhumans.

"Midday" comes once a month on the moon. Who setup the "if I die the city explodes" deal for Maximus? I can't imagine rando inhuman engineer is happy to setup a failsafe that would result on their own death along with the deaths of their entire family. This show is astoundingly lazy and I really hope the city does explode.

The season ends with the moon exploding, i'm telling ya. That's why Coulson and Pals are up there in the next season of AoS: For cleanup duty.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I just started watching Inhumans and is it just me or did they cut off Medusa's hair and seemed to make it a big deal like it won't grow back just so they wouldn't have to do the special effects? (Sorry I know it's been out a while and don't want to read anything further from the 12 pages since it's out of spoiler territory.).

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 5, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I just started watching Inhumans and is it just me or did they cut off Medusa's hair and seemed to make it a big deal like it won't grow back just so they wouldn't have to do the special effects? (Sorry I know it's been out a while and don't want to read anything further from the 12 pages since it's out of spoiler territory.).

Short answer: Yes.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Yes, but I also think it was supposed to land as a 'Holy poo poo' moment, like if Captain America's shield breaks or when Wolverine had the Adamantium stripped from his skeleton. It's supposed to make Maximus look like a vicious badass.

Obviously that's not going to be the reaction half an hour after meeting the character, but Scott Buck has never been very good at pacing.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Yakmouth posted:

Yes, but I also think it was supposed to land as a 'Holy poo poo' moment, like if Captain America's shield breaks or when Wolverine had the Adamantium stripped from his skeleton. It's supposed to make Maximus look like a vicious badass.

Obviously that's not going to be the reaction half an hour after meeting the character, but Scott Buck has never been very good at pacing.

You don't think $10 clippers from Rite-Aid are badass?
What kind of hardcore life do you live?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yakmouth posted:

but Scott Buck has never been very good at pacing anything.

There. That's more accurate.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Proteus Jones posted:

There. That's more accurate.

He's pretty drat good at getting Showrunner gigs. That's not nothing.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yakmouth posted:

He's pretty drat good at getting Showrunner gigs. That's not nothing.

You're right. Scott Buck is very good at looking out for Scott Buck. And making sure his shows come in on or under budget, regardless of what he needs to sacrifice in terms of pre-prod, prod, or post-prod work.

Sorry, I just really don't like his track record from a viewer standpoint.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

My bad, I was trying to make a funny and came across as defending Scott Buck.

However good or bad Inhumans is, I like it in spite of the Buck not because of him. I'm actually cautiously optimistic about Iron Fist Season 2 now that he's not attached to it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

No worries. I think our funnies collided and cancelled each other out.

:hfive:

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
My favorite part of the episode was Triton's grand entrance.

vvrrrrrrrrrrrr "HELLO MY FAMILY, INCLUDING KARNAK WHO IS ABSOLUTELY MY BROTHER! I, TRITON, AM ALIVE!" vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr "and I am swimming. yes, this is swimming" vvrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Blackagar Boltagon

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Brooks Cracktackle

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Takezio posted:

My favorite part of the episode was Triton's grand entrance.

Yes. "Guys! Triton is back! That guy who was in one scene in the pilot, where he got shot! Turns out he didn't!"

I'm kind of wondering if "Scott Buck" is actually just a text-analysis AI built off of IBM Watson. Like, someone fed it scripts of superhero narratives, and it spit out an assemblage of scenes that vaguely seem like they'd work dramatically because they're the averaged cross-section of every story ever told. Inhumans is a sausage served with chocolate sauce. Analysis of 13,415 recipes suggest this permutation should work.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Watson would have made a much better script, but took a hard pass on the project.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I like how the actor for Triton, Mike Moh, is clearly a great martial artist/stuntman who can deliver some good-looking choreography, so of course the show decided to bench him for seven episodes and hand all the action scenes to actors who have none of his expertise and end up looking lovely when they try.

It's truly amazing that, in every single instance where the showrunners were given the opportunity to either improve the show or make it shittier, they have always -- always, without fail -- opted for the decision that makes the show worse and not better.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
If only our guards had the ability to look behind them, but Alas.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

I like how the actor for Triton, Mike Moh, is clearly a great martial artist/stuntman who can deliver some good-looking choreography, so of course the show decided to bench him for seven episodes and hand all the action scenes to actors who have none of his expertise and end up looking lovely when they try.

It's truly amazing that, in every single instance where the showrunners were given the opportunity to either improve the show or make it shittier, they have always -- always, without fail -- opted for the decision that makes the show worse and not better.

It came completely out of nowhere when the fish guy was suddenly a super strong martial arts assassin, because the writers only made the association of 'that fish guy who turns out not to be dead' and nothing else.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Fight scenes in this episode SUCKED. Just cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut AND scene!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oh the editing definitely still sucks; I was watching a review just now that mentioned there were something like thirty to forty cuts within that Triton scene, several of them happening within the exact same blow.

But I'm just sayin'...they filmed scenes after scenes, episode after episode, of actors like Ken Leong and Eme Ikwuakor who can't really fight that well, despite the fact that they'd actually hired an guy who can objectively, no-bullshit fight, and then ended up putting that guy in the ocean until episode seven of an eight-episode season. It's like a deliberate choice to sabotage the quality of the series.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Nov 7, 2017

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
You cannot convince me that this show isn't art.

BB: *signing furiously* (Okay cousin* of mine, here's the plan. You go down to Earth and pretend to be murdered by my brother's secret Earth army. Then, when he inevitably makes his move and brutally attacks our family, I want you to do nothing until we meet at a time I have prearranged for quite some time after my unlikely escape).

*later*

Yo, how do we convince him we're serious? I know, let's kill the person who regenerates upon death.
_______
*"Cousin" being the Atlantian word for non-white royalty.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Rocksicles posted:

My kill list is anyone who works on radio, and talks about the Bachelor all day.

you really want howard stern dead

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

hey remember that guy who ruined marvel netflix with his iron fist run? let's give him another show!

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

also wasn't he the guy who managed to turn creepy susie and 13 other tragic tales for troubled children into the loving oblongs :psyduck:

he is a toptier hack idk what satanic ritual got him to showrunner but black magic is the only logical explanation

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Man I cannot wait to have slogged through this terrible show hoping for some sort of payoff at the end only to be hilariously yet completely expectedly disappointed...

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

GLOSS posted:

Man I cannot wait to have slogged through this terrible show hoping for some sort of payoff at the end only to be hilariously yet completely expectedly disappointed...

Scott Buck doesn’t specialize in hilarious disappointments.

I’m expecting my reaction tonight to be more of the ‘meh’ variety.
It’s probably going to end on some massive cliffhanger to set up the totes gonna happen Season 2

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gonz posted:

The season ends with the moon exploding, i'm telling ya. That's why Coulson and Pals are up there in the next season of AoS: For cleanup duty.

Agents of SWORD: Damage Control

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I haven't seen the latest episode, but I guess they didn't kill everyone? That's the only good ending I could imagine.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

twistedmentat posted:

I haven't seen the latest episode, but I guess they didn't kill everyone? That's the only good ending I could imagine.

Wishing for the death of Lockjaw in any media is just wrong

EDIT:

GLOSS posted:

Maybe the whole point of this miniseries is to completely kill off the Royal Family so no one will ever have to talk about them ever again, which I think I'd be OK with....

Oh right, carry on...

GLOSS fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 11, 2017

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7n0L2w4a1A

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So is that the Brood?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Codependent Poster posted:

So is that the Brood?

Those are probably under the X-Men rights umbrella, but who knows.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

I'm honestly not a fan of AoS and I thought that was quite rad. Pretty neat. Easily best part of them show tonight.

The episode...heheheahahahaha
That was a thing. So, are the new transplants to Hawaii going to just dominate the island or something? There's more than 100(?) of them, few of them respect humans, and none of them use USA money, so what in the world are they going to do.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GLOSS posted:

Wishing for the death of Lockjaw in any media is just wrong

It's more a mercy at this point. :commissar:

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

ah well, that's that, I guess.

I do not regret watching this series.

I kind of feel bad for IMAX, though, this was their first foray into producing original content and you can't hardly blame them for thinking an MCU IP was a sure bet.

RIP in peace, Eldrac.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!
Somehow my DVR decided not to record tonight's episode, it may be trying to save me from myself? AoS please come back soon.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I do like how they didn't put them "in costume" until the last 3 minutes of the series. Like, seriously, Black Bolt's costume actually looked pretty cool. Except it was also dark.

I hate showrunners who think they have to avoid costumes. Everything has shown that embracing the costumes is fine and people like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Codependent Poster posted:

I hate showrunners who think they have to avoid costumes. Everything has shown that embracing the costumes is fine and people like that.

Because they still think "grounded" superheroes is the way to go. They still think the Dark Knight Trilogy is the alpha and omega of super heroes.

• Locked thread