Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
my obtober-themed game story is that getting dragged to 28 days later as a teenager ruined something in my brain and i had horrendous, i'm-terrified-to-go-to-sleep fast zombie nightmares two, three, four, five times a week for almost a decade :(

but after i played left 4 dead with my bros, i don't have them at all anymore. nintendos cured my brokebrain :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

i wasn't liking saga 2 much so i decided to give frontier a try and it turns out it's way more badass

i'm not a boy, i'm riki, and i'm hands-down the worst starter in the entire game and my intro is basically a psychotic rng fuckfest

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
if hank hill breaks or ignores the law because he gets angry, does this, by definition, mean that he is not a lawful character, but instead neutral or even chaotic

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Scalding Coffee posted:

Kirby can talk?

yes and he's a destructive, nihilistic prick just like winnie-the-pooh

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

i've figured out what everyone has to play this october

i watched the longplay... what the gently caress...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
kirby fact

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

idgi... i never got into podcast culture--poo poo, i've had an account with youtube since 2005 and i have like under a dozen subs there--so you gotta elaborate on this for me.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

in the future, furries won't need fursonas

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

lets hang out posted:

oh thats why it didnt come out in english

i thought this was because the guy who joins you in the middle east chapter is a terrorist whose weapon is gundam-sized roadside bombs. not like his special weapon, his ONLY weapon

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

i mean, i guess you could say that about yoshitaka amano

that cat is not actually in the game wtf

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
look i like minsc but someone please explain to me his obsession with twice-baked bread

v i... i don't think minsc can count to two

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Oct 6, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

babypolis posted:

i remember the phoenix was pretty hard? at the very least it seemed impossible to not get hit for the gold diamond

phoenix is intimidating because a lot of things are going on, but it's actually not that hard. cerberus alpha is basically rng though

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

tag yourself im j.s

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

these people are still fuckin going at it :psyduck:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Help Im Alive posted:

What do people think of Actual Sunlight

i like actual sunlight enough to get several hours of it a day

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
persona 3... i think we're actually seriously through this time.

i have been told over and over for many years that the persona/smt series is the intelligent player's game, use status effects and exploit weaknesses to gain the upper hand in a losing battle. but now i'm at sleeping table, and it's immune to status effects, and has no weaknesses. the strategy is literally just "outheal its damage with mediarama." which i can do, i'm just not willing to put up with this idiocy.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i have the buffs, i use the buffs, i just don't... i'm so unenthused about this lovely attrition boss that it's killed my drive to play this game

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sweetgrass posted:

also don't be shy about using magic mirrors if you have any of them in your items, even one round of repelled damage can be the difference maker

megid- spells aren't blocked by magic mirror. i have the resources, the spells, the levels, the defenses, everything i need to fight it. the point is that i'm just not willing to spend the effort necessary to fight a boss where only half my party gets to attack because you have to heal twice every round the rng decides to use it.

with this boss, the illusion is stripped away and p3 has just stopped being fun and if you aren't playing video games to have a good time then why are you playing video games

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

exquisite tea posted:

Spending on money on lootboxes is for chumps, what you should be doing is paying over a thousand real world dollars to make Geralt of Rivia's hair flow @ 1440p 60fps.

i paid over a thousand real world dollars to make my hair flow like geralt of rivia's

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

corn in the bible posted:

I beat DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES THE GAME. please enjoy this video of the ending i got, in which everyone gets murdered with guns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEiLqDLTwAs

lp this

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

choose the happy response

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

:yeah: if u cry every time

Internet Kraken posted:

I finally beat FTL

poo poo man i beat it on normal once to say i could and then i only ever played on easy thereafter

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

look man if it means they can legally sell japanese pokemon center t-shirt blind bags in america then i'm all for it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Internet Kraken posted:

I've seen enough grizzled middle-aged dudes in games to last a life time.

well what's the alternative, ancient pants-making GBS threads old dudes? japan has the anime hero teens and children market tied up, final fantasy has the "20something who looks like a truck hit him and he's in his 60s"... i'm not entirely sure what you're asking for here

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

dogsicle posted:

i don't really have a horse in the race of whether middle aged men should be in games more or less, but it's very lol to me that a response to "there should be less" just blithely ignores the other half of the worlds population

i guess i'm just lumping both genders into the same category, to me a grizzled middle aged character is a grizzled middle aged character whether it's man shep or woman shep

yall reading way too much into this lol

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

glam rock hamhock posted:

because the saving in the game takes too long

:psyduck:

please use quicksave

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i can't decide if i want to keep playing baldur's gate, which is going way too slowly thanks to traps, or if i wanna just play witcher 2

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

Mod the game, disable all traps
can i do that with ee? i was looking into it, but i kept running into defunct sites.

al-azad posted:

You missing out on so much xp.
well i'm missing all of it anyway because my lovely thieves have to be standing right on top the trap to even have a chance to detect it and i just walk over it because stupid LoS rules. with the potion of perception i have 105 trapfinding and while it does give them 100% disarm, they can't detect poo poo

Internet Kraken posted:

"Horrible monster taking the form of an attractive lady for manipulation" is a plot point that needs to never show up again.
it doesn't have to be a woman but preying on the hero's weaknesses or desires in an appealing way is one of the oldest ploys in the book dude

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 14, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Internet Kraken posted:

There's no reason the monster has to turn into a generic sexy lady to do that though.

fair enough. there isn't a lot of reason to make it a hot chick if hedonistic sexuality isn't one of the character's flaws

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Those games would be vastly improved if you were Batman. No other changes though.

shadow of batman, you are batman and all the orcs are the kid from batman beyond

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

al-azad posted:

Set autopause on trap detection and keep the thief in front like god and gygax intended.

yeah no that doesn't solve the problem of "sometimes the trap isn't detected in the 6s cycle" or "this corridor has buggy LoS tee hee hee" gygax is a fuckman who can suck my dick

just gimme a link to the trap removal mod cmon man

Jay Rust posted:

If you had to pick one game to show to some unfortunate non-gamer in order to prove that Video Games Are Art, which game would you choose

pokemonamie

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

al-azad posted:

I don't know if there is one. I didn't play EE. The original BG2 penalized you for certain armors but AFAIK looking up EE this doesn't apply in the original. The original had a console command to reveal all hotspots like ctrl + 4 or something, maybe those commands are still floating around.

apparently when i was searching the other day, they were doing some weird overhaul poo poo but g3 is back and i found the updated modpacks. goodbye traps, goodbye buggy line of sight, hello not having to rest every five seconds because you stepped on a trap

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

exquisite tea posted:

I feel like the best games take advantage of the interactivity of the medium, so you could talk all day about how games are art but if somebody is just watching an LP of SH2 or Hellblade or w/e they're not going to connect with how they deliver an experience apart from just watching a very long movie with door puzzles.

well that's why i said pokemon amie, you get the interactivity and also it's art

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
let's not kid ourselves, roger ebert was reincarnted as huniecam studio

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Most people who fervently strive to fight the "games are really art!" battle don't really care about ontology or aesthetics, what they really want is some kind of social validation for the medium so that the time they spend playing does not appear to the public as a waste of time.

smoke weed, read a book; art. smoke weed, watch a movie; art. smoke weed, play video games; art.

smoke weed, at a museum; prison sentence

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

al-azad posted:

Four Swords Adventure

four swords adventure starts is fairly arcadey; it starts out ok but then it quickly sours.

back in the day, i'm the reason my crew got stuck on the village stage for two hours. i had the roc's feather and i couldn't figure out that i had to lift up my buddies and ferry them over the pit to push the four-man barrel tile

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
both the ds crystal chronicles games were kind of disappointing. they handled like poo poo and their bad attempt to force characterization into crystal chronicles, the game about punching poo poo with your best friends, just made things wose. their multiplayer was a pain to make work because it was IR/RF, had spotty connectivity when it did, and they didn't even include netplay :downs:

like why u gonna make a crystal chronicles game on systems with online capabilities, go to all the trouble of making it cross-compatible between the DS and the Wii... and then make it local play only what the fuuuuuuuuck

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 15, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

hyphz posted:

I suspect it helped that the Dangan Ronpa playthrough crossed the release of Virtue's Last Reward, another death game related VN (and the Let's Play of 999, the prequel to Virtue's Last Reward).

By the way, if they are taking the mick out of the fans they're not doing it by halves. Huge spoiler for Dangan Ronpa 3 ending: The DR3 death game turns out to be a reality TV show run by a group of fans of the Dangan Ronpa games who love it so much they'll volunteer to have their memories wiped and replaced with those of a wacky DR-like character and then play an actual death game on camera. There are no answers to any of the plot hooks from the previous games because they're also just fictional games in the DR3 world. or something like that anyway. (I didn't actually play it myself, I just saw a bunch of reviews saying "don't play this because of the ending" and was intrigued.)

i've never even played or read dodgy roomba but i wouldn't like that 'cause it's too meta for me, i don't care for that poo poo

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

som is overrated, and if you like som you are a bad person for liking som

but i love secret of mana :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007