Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Tap My Mountain, but it's a spooky Dracula voice saying it and lightning strikes at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Nothing wrong with wishing it was already October, it is the best month.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I imagine a venn diagram of people who hate Mario games and people who preorder Assassin's Creed games is a near perfect circle.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I think my perfect game is Killer7, not because its flawless but because it was the perfect game to suit my tastes when it came out.

In terms of a perfect game regardless of timing it'd have to be either Bloodborne or Revegance. They're just perfect experiences from the start and then have amazing, challenging final bosses that are perfect finales to the whole experience.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

lets hang out posted:

I always enjoyed the poison swamps in souls games

They're all great except for black gulch

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

The poison swamp in ds2 is harvest valley and its quite bad

Oh yeah I forgot about harvest valley, that place is pretty bad

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Looper posted:

Black Gulch is short enough to work well imo and I really dig the aesthetic. I also think the slow descent into the Gutter owns and in general enjoy the torch/darkness stuff, even if it wasn't as fully realized as people hoped

The gutter is excellent, but black gulch is just too short and easy. It feels more incomplete than Lost Izalith.

It'd be a better zone if there wasn't a bonfire at the beginning. If you had were forced to go through it immediately after the gutter it'd be more exciting but as it is if you screw up too much you can just restart and only lose 10 feet of progress.

Internet Kraken posted:

Farron Keep is the worst poison valley. Its a loving garbage and so insanely boring. Even when you ignore everything in it and do the bare minimum, it still takes a few minutes due to the abundance of muck.

Farron keep is one of the better parts of the game, the only bad part is those lovely enemies that do that janky jump and claw your head off.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The giant dudes with the trees are really cool, going up the towers and seeing above the canopy to get your bearings was cool, the secret area with Havel was cool, also the boss was very cool.

All in all it was a pretty decent area which puts it above most of DS2

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Top ten souls areas in no particular order
  • Duke's Archives
  • Blighttown
  • Forbidden Woods
  • Fishing Hamlet
  • Cainhurst Castle
  • Shrine of Storms
  • Unseen Village
  • Shrine of Amana (prenerf)
  • Tower of Latria
  • Hemwick Lane

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

Cathedral of the deep would be on my list.

Oh poo poo I thought I put that on there

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

RIP

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Olive! posted:

This is pretty good as a 'top ten worst souls areas'

what if I told you all of the incredibly bad areas are insanely good instead

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Between Osomatsu, Umaru, and Gintama this season is the platinum age of animes about lovable shits

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Like most challenges in Demon's Souls, I'm pretty sure I killed the tower knight with thousands of arrows

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I don't understand how fighting games don't have instant restart, it's the same stages and characters why not reset the round count and go again?

Tekken 7 even lets you reset a damaged stage in the training mode with only one second of loading

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

At first I thought that was the birdguy from mischief makers

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

Sometimes you know deep down that it's probably wrong to throw family members off of cliffs but you just need a good friend to say it out loud

Actually, throwing your son off a cliff cause he's got the wrong genes is good and cool

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

School of How posted:

There is this game that I randomly installed on my android phone which I know is not a great game on any objective measure, but I really enjoy playing it. The game is called Final Fantasy: A New Empire. Its a game where you gather resources, upgrade buildings, and attack other empires. My question is: what is the best game for android in this genre?

That's like asking for the best moba

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I hope Tekken 8 reveals even more devil gene backstory and makes Heihachi's mother-in-law playable

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The perfect David Lynch would have no tutorial or ingame information, a manual that only hints at mechanics, and an anticlimatic final boss that comes out of nowhere.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

Killer 7 is pretty close to "what if Lynch but Japanese." The stories and premises are absolutely batshit. It's probably one of the craziest non-Kojima games in existence.

Nah Killer7 is Kojima if he had a less money, more style, and cared a hell of a lot less about explaining his supernatural elements

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I haven't seen the Blade Runner 2049 yet, but the anime short is great. I need a full anime by Shinichiro Watanabe with a Flylo soundtrack NOW

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

They haven't revealed that demons are a gacha pull yet but there's no way it won't be that.

How the gently caress do you make a mobile smt game and not make it AR with summoning demons to fight your friends?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

chumbler posted:

Take a dick pic to summon Mara or whatever that one was called.

What if you get a different demon depending on what your dick looks like, sorta like monster rancher but with dicks.

If your dick can summon something OP like Mara, everybody would want your dick

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Raxivace posted:

It would be hilarious to see some of these congressmen that get in trouble for sexting try and use it as an excuse.

"I wasn't sending that girl pictures, I was just trying to summon a demon! Honest!"

Ah yes, the Kurt Eichenwald defense

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm really hoping Curb does a episode based on the Eichenwald incident. The guy already looks like real life George Costanza.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The Colonel posted:

what about people without dicks

i feel this concept may be biased towards a specific branch of the player base

There's not as many vagina monsters so I'd recommend boobs, but the male half of the playerbase has those too.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Olive! posted:

I think the games industry as a whole should stop focusing on graphical fidelity. They're not going to, but they should.

This has been Nintendo's MO for a decade now and it's just lead to a lot of morons thinking they'll go out of business.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I played Rogue Leader last night and it still looks very good for it's age

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

It's not like the dungeons are the selling point of Majora's Mask, it's the overworld that makes the game great.

Only two of them are good anyways

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

Liking BotW a lot is fine and understandable but downplaying how big a part large elaborate dungeons have played in the series and acting like they weren't even that good seems weird

Dungeons are great, it's just there's nothing wrong with a Zelda game taking the focus away from them

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I've always wanted to try Michigan, but I never bothered to put in the effort

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I thought the metal gear solid thread was one of the many broken threads across the forums but it keeps getting new posts, is it just broken for me?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Digirat posted:

If it's broken in the same way as the bloodborne thread was then it's just people making blind posts in it for reasons unclear, and I would suggest making a new thread

The MGSV thread having a missing last page fits the game pretty well

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

homeless snail posted:

on page 43 videogames slowly walked through the thread and surgically banned every poster while they posted the salute emote, kinda hosed up

I knew we should have quarantined all the posters from the Congo thread

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

One could argue that life itself is the ultimate lootbox.....

The Forrest Gump remake is sounding pretty awful

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

When the Wii originally launched, I spent the night in Walmart and played through most of guitar hero 2 on a demo unit.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

If they never reach the end of the game do the animals still die?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

yeah that would be helpful if it hadn't figured out how to wall jump 36 years before i ever found those guys

I'm going to call BS on this one. Knowing how to wall jump in modern games only makes it harder in Super Metroid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

chumbler posted:

Will Battlefront 2 finally be the game that flies too close to the loot box sun?

Nah there's too much hype surrounding it for it to fail.

I honestly don't believe there's a breaking point for loot boxes. A decade ago we thought they'd push DLC too hard but now there's games with thousands of dollars worth of dlc and there's certainly somebody buying it all.

• Locked thread