Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

zombler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

mutata posted:

When should I livestream a playthrough of the first world of Gex?

At approximately tail time.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Actually I think Gamers! is the anime you're looking for.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm going to tell all of your friends that you played an anime game and liked it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gundam Versus is really fun, guys

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Hows that hoodie stay zipped with a huge medallion on the zipper

Don't question it motherfucker, that's how.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Today, my mom called me over to help her play a video game (basically a walking simulator based off of Walden). It was pretty painful, my mother hasn't touched a game since playing Super Mario Kart with me once. But I was luckily able to keep from giving in to the most obnoxious of all gamer instincts, which is of course grabbing the controls away and crying "Ugh just let me do it"

It's good that your mom is getting into games.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Actually I will probably also rent Wolfenstein because I'm gonna pay full price for PC Destiny 2 like a chump

Dude...

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Watching the final fight of Mario + Rabbids make me realize how loving absurd Bowser fights have gotten over the years.

This looks like some Final Fantasy poo poo.

Bowser owns, my friend.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nina posted:

Hot take: you can totally design intense action games without iframe dodges.

Iframe dodges in action games feel cool to use, though. It's like parries. Even when they aren't needed, they're still fun and rewarding.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Apparently Forza has the worst loot boxes yet. Are we nearing the point where a publisher flies too close to the sun?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fusion is worth a play just because SA-X is cool. You do have to adjust your expectations on the exploration, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Training posted:

Important question: are charge shots better when you hold down a button and then let go or when you stop firing for a second or two and then hit the button again.

Hold the button, easily.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In my dreams, Nintendo asks Platinum to work on a Kirby game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The best dating sim is Mighty Switch Force 2.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Are the robots your girlfriends?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ah this is bullshit it's not letting me turn the airline industry into a completely government-price-regulated service

The lesson you're supposed to learn is that capitalism does not lead to good solutions.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

homeless snail posted:

"every game is an mmo" has now become "every game has mmo item levels" :whitewater:

Damage numbers popping up with each hit in an fps should be a crime.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What if...

both the assassins and templars are wrong?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Ah yes an Egyptian desert, a setting that has never been in a game before.

Ancient Egypt is legit cool, though. Now if only it involved biomechanical gods and was actually Zone of the Enders 3.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Or maybe you like skyrimming.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

I'm not happy that I don't remember much about it! I wanted to love it, a punk rock Suda-collab reskin of RE4 sounds, on paper, like Exactly My poo poo, but all I recall about playing it is that it was pretty easy and there was a lot of downtime between funny/cool stuff.

Now Lollipop Chainsaw, that ended up being the punk rock zombie game that really stood out. Aside from the inexplicable farm level, that game had great aesthetics and was super fun

Zombie games gotta have farm levels. It's required by law.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Palpek posted:

What the hell

I mean that's less weird than the Totino's Pizza Rolls TM partnership or Destiny's pop tarts deal.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

Doki Doki Literature Club is good. I enjoyed myself!

In Japan it's called Super Mario Bros 2.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Samuringa posted:

I'm always attitude for some Fellow Feeling

But do you have an attitude for gains?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What if I prefer dumb guys making fun of the funniest game?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

:drat:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

She also made a game about depression and feelings.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am interested to see how people will continue to defend loot boxes now that it is abundantly clear that they are negatively affecting the design and increasingly balance of games.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

They haven't revealed that demons are a gacha pull yet but there's no way it won't be that.

How the gently caress do you make a mobile smt game and not make it AR with summoning demons to fight your friends?

Take a dick pic to summon Mara or whatever that one was called.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

This has been Nintendo's MO for a decade now and it's just lead to a lot of morons thinking they'll go out of business.

Well, that and its ability to make some utterly baffling decisions.

But really yeah, they're good at remembering that graphical fidelity only needs to be good enough to match art direction.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

good voice acting can do a lot for characterization in some games

For example Nep.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Also I'm annoyed with my ISP because I got a new modem and it was working perfectly fine with much better upload than I usually get... but today it had to be registered on their website and now it is back to what the other one had. These people know that I pay for good internet, right? And that I just had twice the speed they say I should be getting, much closer to what I actually pay for? They know they're not fooling me, right? idk maybe if I threaten to go somewhere else they'll do something that makes sense for once.

I am not sure you have grasped how the ISPs work, in wondrous capitalism.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Get this: he's right about loot boxes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Loot boxes are almost the pinnacle of capitalism, but the seller still has to put something ostensibly of value in them. Once they figure out how to get rid of that second part they will have ascended.

homeless snail posted:

please be an overwatch loot crate *crosses fingers and opens box, pulling out a paladins loot crate*

Don't you mean Lawbreakers? People actually play Paladins I think.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wait poo poo, do those monthly loot crate services actually use a rarity system for what they send so that people can get all excited if they get the coveted orange chest rather than the standard gray with a moldy slice of bread in it?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

al-azad posted:

The reproduction/custom case are bullshit. Nobody actually paid a grand or more for those. Still, it's worth ~$100 or so but I would test it first to make sure you get the demo window and your friend didn't get a regular copy of Majora's Mask that someone stuck a fake sticker on.

Is there like some actual difference in the game or is this just collectors being weird?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Will Battlefront 2 finally be the game that flies too close to the loot box sun?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am reminded again of how the developers for Remember Me had to really push to get a female protagonist.

I should really finish that game one of these days. I recall the combat being a bit clumsy, though.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

TW3 has a scene where you and your two fellow Witchers get blackout drunk, steal your estranged wife's clothing to crossdress, and then prank call the most powerful sorcerouses in the world to see if they're up for an orgy.

Please play TW3.

Do they make a Prince Albert in a can joke?

• Locked thread