Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/waypoint/status/914283845712842752

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The perfect game is Picross 3D 2 as always

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JIfxSaMmgI

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

glam rock hamhock posted:

I got Splasher because it just came out on PSN last week. It''s really god drat good and I'm surprised more people don't talk about it. Maybe it really falls apart further in
I only played a small preview beta in 2016 but it was very good. It's by the designer of Rayman Legends so naturally the level design and mechanics are fantastic

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CuddlyZombie posted:

no loving way
ian is the creator of OK KO and there's a crossover episode

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CuddlyZombie posted:

I knew he is the creator of OK KO but I did not know there is a crossover episode. What is the name of the episode!!!!!
I think it's called "a hero's fate"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It seems like archive.org's dosbox emulator is improving, I tried DOOM on my iPhone and it was hitchy but playable, which makes me think it'll run better in the ps4 browser

Kinda cool imo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9E1E71eTmY

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

please stop with the being sicky, i wanna stop

okay I'm playing CrossCells, it's not amazing but its a lot better than SquareCells, but nothing will ever top the Hexcells trilogy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i finished ADAM WOLFE (tm). what the gently caress at the non ending. was the ending the hidden object all along...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hi everyone, it's me, the sick one. i'm gonna ramble a lot here and say you have no moral imperative to support developers or publishers under capitalism. AAA jobs are salaried positions, and things like loot crates are specifically for publishers to make money and not the devs

if you tie morality to capitalism then everything that is not at the beck and call of the producer is considered Bad. if you dont buy at launch, you're Hurting Games. if you buy on sale, you're Hurting Games. if you get it in a bundle, you're Hurting Games. if you don't buy season passes, you're Hurting Games.

here's one, what if you don't buy a game because you can't afford it?? maybe you're low income. that would make you gaming's worst monster, a traitor to gamers and developers countrywide. did you buy a valley without wind 2?? how about the 30 games that came out on steam in the last 5 minutes?? this sounds like a ridiculous strawman, but I used to see it in the professional animation community a decade ago. "if you don't see Everybody's Hero, the movie about a talking CGI baseball bat, you're hurting Animation!!" (no joke that is LITERALLY a discussion that happened between animators)

Gaming is an especially dumb idiot world because the things that make the free market the free market get demonized by random nerds going to bat for their favorite publishers, who come up with a new boogeyman every year to rail against (like used games a couple years ago)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nothing ever dies, every year there are new financial projections and executives read Trend Magazines that predict what demographics like Millenials will be into in the coming years. right now it's games as a service and next year it'll be first person shooters and in 2019 it'll be, i dunno, every game is Katamari Demacy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

what if persona 5 had a deluxe edition that came with a real cat

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

like there isn't already enough packing material to throw away from things you order
the cat would chase after it and it woulod be cute

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I did beat Rogue Legacy and it was for me a quite joyless experience. never give in to the sunk cost fallacy, people.

In the last couple days I had a bunch of bad games removed permanently from my Steam account, which not only felt good, but it improved my Steamcompletionist % and now it's like, only games I want to play right in front of me

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the only good part of NeoGAF was More_Badass' indie threads, its time for him to come here and start an Indie Gaming Thread Dynasty with me

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Toonstruck is so bad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Olive! posted:

Has Neogaf ever been relevant? This isn't my hot take or anything, I genuinely can't remember a time where Neogaf was a popular and renowned site.
as I mentioned before, I learned of a lot of obscurer indie games from more_badass and toma but they'll post elsewhere I'm sure

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Knock knock it's Knuckles

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I just remembered one of the last GAF threads I was reading before poo poo started to go up in flames was about the guy who created that one cartoon for Nickelodeon getting fired and someone getting really upset that a bunch of people in the thread were making bets on how long it would be before a certain longtime producer at Nick finally got his comeuppance because according to them there wasn't actually any solid evidence. They said it was just trolls taking things out of context.
dan schneider, a man who loves feet

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

play Maldita Castilla

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i like how NeoGAF has been "undergoing regularly scheduled maintenance" for like 3-4 days now. just put up a message like "PEOPLE hosed UP we'll talk about it later"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my new 'stardew when' is virtual console when, cause Nintendo said online NES games in "fall 2017" so they could conceivably make me wait until december

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there is a moment at the end of the game that feels VERY sonic adventure

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

It's looking pretty clear that they want out, they've moved their poo poo into the shared windows / xbox space.

I can't imagine a world where we're down to nintendo and sony as the only two consoles.
how quickly people forget about the Ataribox....

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the heroines quest dev put out a new game today so i guess thats the GOTM for november

or ZWEI

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

theres also that .hack gu remaster so maybe that'll be november gotm

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

al-azad posted:

What's the end game to Mario because I'm getting a nagging feeling this game is pretty shallow and I'm just getting the bare minimum to see the next world. I'm hoping this is just a world 1 situation of Mario 3D Land and the game is like "you ain't seen poo poo yet, mario time hoo hoo!"
those cubes you've been seeing become activated which add like another 180-200 moons to the game, and there are two additional worlds to unlock (although one of them is just the Champions Run style "do it all in one go" level), three worlds to unlock if you count the one that you go to after the credits which has 100 moons of its own

to unlock all the levels you need 500 moons but of course there are a lot more than that. don't bother buying more than 1 moon from each shop because it won't count towards game completion percentage.

also it should be said that moons make themselves available over time in each stage based on... how many story moons you've completed, how many moons you've collected globally, and whether you've beaten the game. so like, a Lakitu moon just appeared suddenly after I collected enough moons in a certain kingdom and they were definitely non-existent before. so if you are having trouble finding moons, come back later and more might be available. i think there are moons that appear after you beat the game and BEFORE you activate the moon cubes too, because kingdom locals start migrating to other kingdoms, and places like the Luncheon Kingdom hold a festival and poo poo

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

al-azad posted:

Alright good to hear I'm more motivated now. It surprises me how many people fell off 3D Land because Nintendo hides all the fun stuff after the fake rear end ending. Am I playing a Tales game, c'mon Nintendo!

Not that Mario has been boring, this is the happiest game Nintendo put out.
there's plenty of fun stuff before you beat the game. it's just packed from start to finish, so that a lot of people will have reached the end having found completely different things. my roommate also has the game and they've found completely different moons than I in kingdoms that I had no idea how he found them.

but the moon pipes are the best because a) They're basically Super Mario 3D World levels, and b) they all have two moons each to keep your eyes wandering. as someone who still thinks 3D World is the best Mario game, this is the best possible compromise Nintendo could've made to please both people like me and Mario 64 fanatics

• Locked thread