Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

Persona 5 is great but you should play 3 and 4 first because they are also great and you'll miss the stuff the later games add if you go through them backwards.

Also playing P5 first will ruin 3 and 4 since they are lacking in all the QOL improvements that 5 has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/914837276374441984

:stoked:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Samuringa posted:

uuuuuugh

This is terrible, why would anyone do that, crib the worst aspects you could. Absolutely nobody ever praised Wild Hunt's level gates and crafting!

Now they just need to sell level up / exp boosts and the cycle is complete :suicide:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

He used chrono technology to time travel!

e: vv Same :smith:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 7, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

chumbler posted:

I am interested to see how people will continue to defend loot boxes now that it is abundantly clear that they are negatively affecting the design and increasingly balance of games.

"I dont care because I like Star Wars / ______"

"It's optional you dont have to buy the loot boxes!"

"They dont affect my enjoyment at all. What are you some kind of nerd?"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The cinematic requirement to have every single piece of dialogue in a game be fully voiced and animated is probably a huge-rear end budget sink, especially considering that means multiple casts and recording sessions for localization. And I bet most players aren't even paying that much attention or skipping 90% of it

I still remember when that was one of their big marketing points for SW:TOR mmo. Like who gives a poo poo?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Most companies do not employ the services of a demon named Kompressor like Nintendo does who manage to compress game file sizes down to an understandable level with his magic.

Nintendo also doesn't have to worry about large textures that take up a shitload of space

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nachos posted:

Sweet time to look for my friend and go on more adventures

*runs back and forth for the next hour between 6 houses*

*sets up play*

The play was hella good

*screws up lines on purpose*

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ometeotl posted:

:lol: GT Sport is always online. If you're offline, you can't even save your single player progress or collect in-game currency.

That seems like a hilariously stupid decision

I'm amazed they were still around after working on their Star Wars game for 4 years without anything to show for it. That project must've been really hosed.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

efb :(

corn in the bible posted:

and also because mmos were all real poo poo back then

They still are

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

This whole year they had one Nintendo major release per month on the switch so I wouldn't be surprised if they have some year end direct about 2018's plans. But even if you buy a Switch right now it has more interesting exclusives than 3 years of PS4 library

lol good one

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cubicle gangster posted:

I always find these kinds of opinions interesting. They assume that the game that was cancelled was near finished - and great, a solid 9/10, and that the cancellation was unjust. Far more likely it was a loving mess with scrambling leadership and nowhere near enough progress made to justify the money already spent on it.

Look it was totally 99% done and about to be released which is why we have basically no information about the game after 3+ years of development. That's just how these things work!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

chumbler posted:

"Nobody will care about the roster in a crossover game, which is always defined by its roster." -Capcom, wisely

Yea it's 100% Marvel being lovely with the X-Men and other chars.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shindragon posted:

So bought Mummy Demastered. I like it but I can see some of the faults. Infinite respawns with certain enemies can be annoying.

Especially the goddamn bats. I haven't died yet though, though that probably will change soon.

Seriously, gently caress the bats. And the birds.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ufarn posted:

If you finished Cuphead and don't know what to do with yourself, WayForward just released their not-Contra-Metroid-Castlevania game The Mummy Demastered. Available on pretty much all platforms.

Ok this game seems kinda poorly designed. I can't even get back to my body because I keep getting knocked off the ceiling by a respawning mob which my lovely default gun can't kill quickly enough before it hits me. This is some NES style bullshit. Hell, I barely made it past that part when I had all my gear because the timing was real tight already.

e: This wouldn't be a problem if the mobs didn't respawn so loving fast

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 25, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

This is literally the first thing I've seen about Metal Gear Survive since that one trailer.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/922992424401514496

Preorder this game you know nothing about!

Yea this will almost definitely be a disaster. I can't wait.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Now that Destiny can be played with KB+M I can agree that shooting the guns feels good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78s8d-6QGqQ

Who even needs to use a mouse when the autoaim is this insane?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm mad at The Mummy Demastered, if it were only a bit easier to regain your health than farming enemies for 5 or 20 HP at a time it would be a much improved game.

:agreed:

The basis for a good game is there, but there are some really poor design choices that just make it needlessly annoying.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Is Phantom Pain's MGO any more stealth focused than the one that came with MGS4

I like the idea of an online stealth game but from what I remember most people just played 4's MGO like a regular third person shooter (I think there was at least a cool mode where one person was Snake and they had to sneak around and take everyone else out)

It's pretty much the same as the previous MGO in regards to stealth and how people play it(and the lovely FOV and lovely p2p netcode)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

I'm sure, just taking a guess, that they let you kill Hitler later, and this is just some pre-release gag.

wolfenstein spoilers

https://youtu.be/jrlyjwgkLZk

You do fail if you do it at that point but maybe you can kill him later so :shrug:

e: vv :negative:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 26, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

efb

CJacobs posted:

being a weird dick for no reason instead of admitting you made an honest mistake is really funny LOL

Why do you assume it was a mistake?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

corn in the bible posted:

im excited for new assassins creed actually

Why

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Can't a Doom-style run'n'gun FPS be done well with lower production values?

Yea absolutely. Shadow Warrior, Painkiller, Serious Sam, probably a few others I'm forgetting.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Andrast posted:

It's mostly that you can't use the motion controls while playing in handheld mode. There's no reason to not bind them to buttons either since there are free ones available.

It's not a big deal since you don't really need the extra moves for anything but it is pretty dumb.

That's the most baffling part.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't care what you say; the idea of an assassination game having enemy and equipment levels is absurd.

I hope the next Hitman game is also like that. :v:

Sorry your headshot did 1 dmg because you are 2 levels below the assassination target and are only using common gear.

In Training posted:

Goldeneye Speedruns are funny in an unwatchable way because the game has so much frame rate slowdown if you try to play f normally that the only way to go fast is to stare at your feet so you can't actually see whatever the runner is doing

That is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUz539AeC5Y

New game from Sucker Punch :stoked:

• Locked thread