Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

communism bitch posted:

He really ought not to do that.

I concur but it's where a lot of the left from his generation stand unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Tsaedje posted:

Labour story immediately top of BBC website (and it should be). No mention at all about the Tory stuff though, hmmm

Presumably this is because the BBC can't report on hearsay and lists of questionable veracity for fears of being accused of partisanship.

The Guardian aren't even running the Labour story currently.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

forkboy84 posted:

"Friends" is a bit much, but I assume he still supports working across the left, which often means sharing platforms with the SWP.

the SWP led to the founding of NAMBLA so uh maybe not

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jose posted:

Why would a British Trot party lead to the founding of the North American Man Boy Love Alliance?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

PIE and PAL came out of the Scottish Minorities Group and London Gay Lib, but that doesn't mean that gay and/or Scottish men support pedophiles.

There's plenty to criticize the SWP for that they actually do/did, not what one American SWP ped did decades ago.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

How did he get his hands on the government's impact reports???

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

At least Red Ed has more class than the other side of the political pond

https://twitter.com/Ed_Miliband/status/925414243075313665

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ThomasPaine posted:

Sounds like a hassle tbh I'll stick to missionary with the lights off followed by gentle sobbing thanks

It gets a lot better with someone else involved.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Ffs, why the gently caress have we piled into kassenburg? We look loving classy now.

Jesus, to be uncritical of ourselves is just as bad as being overly critical of the other side.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

notaspy posted:

Ffs, why the gently caress have we piled into kassenburg? We look loving classy now.

Jesus, to be uncritical of ourselves is just as bad as being overly critical of the other side.

I think the prevailing sentiment is that whoever gave her that "advice" needs a bullet and it's something I concur with.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I think the prevailing sentiment is that whoever gave her that "advice" needs a bullet and it's something I concur with.

Well maybe I should have read the past few pages instead of reacting to you lot like you are the twats on Twitter.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean it is annoying that this is going to be the one thing that sticks and is used to bury the rest but it's still, IMO, what the wall was invented for.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

notaspy posted:

probably because Kussenberg is a partisan oval office who pushes the Tory line and poisons the BBC. Not smart, but understandable.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

notaspy posted:

Well maybe I should have read the past few pages instead of reacting to you lot like you are the twats on Twitter.

I am extremely on twitter and will never log off

but yes kuenssberg gets a lot of poo poo on there

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean she is a massive poo poo but not specifically because she reports bad labour poo poo, though she does disproportionately report bad labour poo poo and manufacture bad labour poo poo when she can't find any.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I mean she is a massive poo poo but not specifically because she reports bad labour poo poo, though she does disproportionately report bad labour poo poo and manufacture bad labour poo poo when she can't find any.

remember when she persuaded a Labour cabinet minister to resign on live TV

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It gets a lot better with someone else involved.

oh yeah bud then I get to cry in front of someone else no thanks I'm not a loser

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Agreed but the grief she is getting right now from out side is appalling and trigger happy.

Now we have the details we can see this happens pre -our lord and saviour JC and that the new leadership are taking it seriously. This should be a story that shows we are dealing with our past in a healthy way while the Tories play games.

Jesus, I need to take a long hard look at myself in the mirror. This is loving awful thinking and everything I hate about party first politics.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Your side is you, everyone else is their own side that sometimes coincides, you can adapt your beliefs or those of others to make the two concurrent if you want to but if you think something's wrong for a good reason you don't have to agree with other people who don't.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Laura Kuenssberg isn't the problem. The problem is the institutional biases of the BBC. She gets a massive amount of poo poo off the back of that and she really shouldn't, because the only things that set her apart from the other arseholes at the BBC is that A) she's a woman, and B) she's not as good at masking those biases.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean she does seem like she uses what authority and independence she has to push her biases, I don't really see why the rest of the BBC being full of shits makes her less of one.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

I mean she does seem like she uses what authority and independence she has to push her biases, I don't really see why the rest of the BBC being full of shits makes her less of one.

It doesn't make her less of a poo poo, it just makes her just as much of a poo poo as any of the others. But the shits are allowed to be shits by the system they inhabit and that's what we should direct our energies against, instead of singling out poo poo individuals and giving credibility to the charges they constantly bring against us of being abusive or whatever.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

TomViolence posted:

Laura Kuenssberg isn't the problem. The problem is the institutional biases of the BBC. She gets a massive amount of poo poo off the back of that and she really shouldn't, because the only things that set her apart from the other arseholes at the BBC is that A) she's a woman, and B) she's not as good at masking those biases.

I partly agree, people like Marr should be getting just as much poo poo but they aren't by a long way.

Having said that though she was one of the worst offenders when Corbyn was newly elected, and persuading a cabinet minister to resign on air was so far beyond the pail its ridiculous. Not to mention the seemingly intentionally misleading shoot to kill interview.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Last week I was accidentally sent an invitation by an international TV news channel which was meant for Nigel Farage's PA, inviting him to appear to discuss some issues relating to immigration, with a fee. Rather than correct their error, I waited until the show was broadcast, sans Farage, and then sent an email letting them know their error.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ThomasPaine posted:

oh yeah bud then I get to cry in front of someone else no thanks I'm not a loser

Yeah, but their laughter will balance out your tears and so balance is restored to the universe.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Brown Moses posted:

Last week I was accidentally sent an invitation by an international TV news channel which was meant for Nigel Farage's PA, inviting him to appear to discuss some issues relating to immigration, with a fee. Rather than correct their error, I waited until the show was broadcast, sans Farage, and then sent an email letting them know their error.

Well played, Sir

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Brown Moses posted:

Who was under the impression that you of all people were Nigel Farage's PA?

TomViolence posted:

It doesn't make her less of a poo poo, it just makes her just as much of a poo poo as any of the others. But the shits are allowed to be shits by the system they inhabit and that's what we should direct our energies against, instead of singling out poo poo individuals and giving credibility to the charges they constantly bring against us of being abusive or whatever.

On the other hand you can't dismantle the BBC unless you're in government whereas you can make shitheads feel bad on twitter for being shitheads.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Brown Moses posted:

truly doing the Lord's work

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Brown Moses posted:

Shouldn't have let them know, maybe you'd finally be the one to keep him off TV.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

truly doing the Lord's work

The Lord's work would have been sending them the bank details of a refugee charity for the appearance fee, but then again that would have probably caused them more trouble than it was worth.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Surely the best response is 'disguise self as Farage, fake on-stage conversion to Communism'

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

On the other hand you can't dismantle the BBC unless you're in government whereas you can make shitheads feel bad on twitter for being shitheads.

True, but oddly in Kuenssberg's case this is particularly toothless because she doesn't seem to read or respond to her mentions, possibly because she mightn't even know how to use twitter.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

One of the beautiful things about collectivism is that applying it means you can direct a vast amount of poo poo at a lot of people without a huge expenditure of effort on the part of any individual.

What I'm saying is that surely the answer is to dump poo poo on more people's twitter feeds.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

I'm going to guess the two names were next to each other in the ol' Rolodex or something.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

OwlFancier posted:

A booker who must have autofilled an email address, seems we have the same surname. The same channel had asked me on the week before.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

jabby posted:

I partly agree, people like Marr should be getting just as much poo poo but they aren't by a long way.

Having said that though she was one of the worst offenders when Corbyn was newly elected, and persuading a cabinet minister to resign on air was so far beyond the pail its ridiculous. Not to mention the seemingly intentionally misleading shoot to kill interview.

*beyond the pale!

Wasn't it her who had the whole "guy getting run over" scandal as well? And the reporting on her bodyguards and all sorts of other stupid stuff.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/NevilleSouthall/status/925081451472850945

You should all read that tweet chain.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

He's just a genuinely lovely bloke isn't he

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Taear posted:

*beyond the pale!

You know I wrote that first and then changed it. I always assumed it had something to do with buckets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

jabby posted:

You know I wrote that first and then changed it. I always assumed it had something to do with buckets.
It's an archaic word for fence, like palisade or iron palings (or to impale, which you can do with both).

It's probably problematic too, because it was usually some kind of border fence to keep Jews or Irish beyond the pale, but everyone has forgotten what the word means.

• Locked thread