Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Dabo almost surely doesn't really think this and is doing it to psych up his team but I want to believe:

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article176848516.html

Yeah it's likely more a "don't overlook any opponent" thing but Wake now is turning into a hell of a trap opponent for teams. Elko did a hell of a job building that defense up and now they finally have an offense clicking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

augias
Apr 7, 2009

DJExile posted:

It's more from a "but god forbid a player trade on their name or be given a sandwich" perspective

letttuce pray profit in college sports never happens

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

gently caress you we did it first!!!!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Looks like I'll be watching the Michigan-MSU game after all because New Orleans' mayor just ordered a 6 pm curfew tomorrow for Tropical Storm/Hurricane Nate!

NOLA goons is it a stupid idea to go during this (just a Category 1 that'll be gone by Sunday afternoon)? Again, staying in Bywater.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
[quote="“Henchman of Santa”" post="“477128168”"]
Looks like I’ll be watching the Michigan-MSU game after all because New Orleans’ mayor just ordered a 6 pm curfew tomorrow for Tropical Storm/Hurricane Nate!

NOLA goons is it a stupid idea to go during this (just a Category 1 that’ll be gone by Sunday afternoon)? Again, staying in Bywater.
[/quote]

No. Worst that's gonna happen will be some localized flooding & power outages.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Landshark is dumb because it sounds like the 90s when you ended up with a hockey called the Thrashers because it was x-treme

SURGE!!!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sash! posted:

Landshark is dumb because it sounds like the 90s when you ended up with a hockey called the Thrashers because it was x-treme

SURGE!!!

This is actually why it rules, dweeb

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Thrasher is the state bird of Georgia, JSYK.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Also, "Thrasherville" is an old name of Atlanta.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Looks like I'll be watching the Michigan-MSU game after all because New Orleans' mayor just ordered a 6 pm curfew tomorrow for Tropical Storm/Hurricane Nate!

NOLA goons is it a stupid idea to go during this (just a Category 1 that'll be gone by Sunday afternoon)? Again, staying in Bywater.

I can't believe how late it is. The weather may be poo poo, the offenses could be bad, defenses good to great. I'm gonna be drinking and there is no way I don't fall asleep unless it is somehow the most exciting 10-7 going into the 4th game that I've ever seen.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Chump Farts posted:

I can't believe how late it is. The weather may be poo poo, the offenses could be bad, defenses good to great. I'm gonna be drinking and there is no way I don't fall asleep unless it is somehow the most exciting 10-7 going into the 4th game that I've ever seen.

Dang dude what time do you go to bed on a Saturday?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Isn't Land Shark just a 1970's proto-meme?

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Dang dude what time do you go to bed on a Saturday?

I haven't made it to Pac12 After Dark without falling asleep for probably two years now.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
[quote="“Chump Farts”" post="“477131288”"]
I haven’t made it to Pac12 After Dark without falling asleep for probably two years now.
[/quote]

I am an early person but that's impressive. Kids?

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

I am an early person but that's impressive. Kids?

Work and grad school mixture during the week. Two days a week I leave for work at 6:30 and get home after grad school at 10 PM.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If you live in a good time zone everything is over by like 11 at the latest

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

MourningView posted:

If you live in a good time zone everything is over by like 11 at the latest

That is a long time to stay up watching Big Ten style ball!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Chump Farts posted:

That is a long time to stay up watching Big Ten style ball!

Oh big ten games are over at like 8, I was including all the PAC-12 stuff too. You do have to get up by 9 though, which I gotta say is pretty early for a 17-10 game

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

General Dog posted:

Isn't Land Shark just a 1970's proto-meme?

candygram

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Chump Farts posted:

Hey, it's not like it's a game you're going to and will end up driving home from afterwards

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Why can't they just be the Ole Miss Patriots and stop glorifying traitors? :iiam:

There's a high school in Jackson that changed from Rebels to Patriots about 10 years ago and I think the same has happened elsewhere. Conveniently they just keep the red and blue and drop the grey that was already secondary.

Pakled posted:

Also, "Thrasherville" is an old name of Atlanta.

Also, Thrashers, Falcons, and Hawks are birds.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

So we're staying at the sister hotel of the one we were planning on staying at before the game was moved. They felt bad about not having rooms for us, so they got me a present.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dilber posted:

So we're staying at the sister hotel of the one we were planning on staying at before the game was moved. They felt bad about not having rooms for us, so they got me a present.

Send that to me if you don't want it.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
CST only ST

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Randaconda posted:

Send that to me if you don't want it.

I'll decide after the game tomorrow. It's a pretty cool piece of memorabilia, but if I decide to not keep it I'll PM you.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I think Memphis could get away with scheduling Tennessee for Homecoming nowadays

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 7, 2017

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

This is actually why it rules, dweeb

Nope, lame like everything from 1988 to 1999

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

MourningView posted:

CFL teams are required to have a certain number of native born players so if you were born in Canada and played major college football at all you wind up being in really high demand there. The number one pick last year was our second string DT

TIL that Iowa recruits Canadians and gets solid players. All because I made a lame comic book joke.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dilber posted:

I'll decide after the game tomorrow. It's a pretty cool piece of memorabilia, but if I decide to not keep it I'll PM you.

:buddy:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Why wouldn't you keep the hat given to you on the year you break the streak?

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

DJExile posted:

bowling green is still bad and it's doing my heart some good to see dino babers getting exposed at syracuse

also today is "DJExile hauls old/dead files down to the basement of the office" day, so here have a look at this rad old keyring of a Vols schedule

That's interesting, I thought scheduling 7 home games was a more recent thing. I did know about games in Jackson. UM, MSU, and USM all played games there in the 80's but took it back to campus in the early 90's.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

Hey, it's not like it's a game you're going to and will end up driving home from afterwards

Yeah, Lansing and Ann Arbor are just far away enough from Saginaw to make 7:30 and 8 games the worst. Also the Big House is cramped and if I were to go to AA for the game, I'd chill at a bar.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

the mean lunch lady posted:

Gary Pinkel did pretty well at Mizzou with dudes I wouldn't consider good coordinators. On offense, Dave Christensen was fine, Yost sucked, Josh Henson was eh. On defense, Steckel was overrated, Eberflus was okay. Odom was really good when he was the coordinator, but that was also just one year under Pinkel.

He was really good at finding two stars he could develop into four stars and knowing when he had to change things up game to game, but not really in game.

Henson was extremely bad. Dave Christensen will always be the Mizzou OC of my heart for the Chase Daniel years and also for calling Troy Calhoun Mr. loving Howdy Doody.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Lol, Iowa State's QB is going to rehab to avoid having to play Oklahoma.

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta

DJExile posted:

bowling green is still bad and it's doing my heart some good to see dino babers getting exposed at syracuse

also today is "DJExile hauls old/dead files down to the basement of the office" day, so here have a look at this rad old keyring of a Vols schedule

3 open dates? Nice!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pillsburysoldier posted:

Why wouldn't you keep the hat given to you on the year you break the streak?

We might win! :colbert:

(we won't :negative:)

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

I have no faith in us winning though, especially if it's raining.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dilber posted:

I have no faith in us winning though, especially if it's raining.

It'll be like a late 2000s game, where whoever manages to suck the least wins.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thoguh posted:

Lol, Iowa State's QB is going to rehab to avoid having to play Oklahoma.

Huh, just saw this. Maty Mauk type situation do you think? Or some actual...well that's the wrong word, some other medical thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Chump Farts posted:

Yeah, Lansing and Ann Arbor are just far away enough from Saginaw to make 7:30 and 8 games the worst. Also the Big House is cramped and if I were to go to AA for the game, I'd chill at a bar.

The key to going to Michigan Stadium is to sit at the top of the student section. All the students cram as close as possible, you've got plenty of room higher up.

• Locked thread