Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Pesticide20 posted:

Oh hey current events, here's a headline that surely brings joy to everyone that cares about the President's response to Hurricane Maria

Trump dedicates golf win to hurricane victims

https://twitter.com/AoDespair/status/914664008950657025

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I just want to point out the grenfell fire was political while the fire was still raging. The council was being held to account from the very start with no time to try and close ranks and outmanouver the public. The degree of public anger meant other councils were forced to publically admit the shady building stuff that had gone on other blocks and dangerous cladding being removed at a cost that would absolutely not be being bared by them if there was attempt to do that now. The momentum for all that has led to a spotlight on the longstanding neglect of social housing in the UK and that can only be a good thing. In the white hot heat of anger following these evens is exactly the right time to be talking about the situation that led to it imo

I was wondering what came from that. Nothing has been in the US press since the week it happened. I don't even know how many casualties came from it. Other than way too loving many.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

facialimpediment posted:

The principles of sovereign debt are very complicated and rest on many factors and really depen-

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/918296242660302848

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/918283026118922246

:thunk:

Did...did he just nationalize the New York Stock Exchange?

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Casimir Radon posted:

That, and I want us to stop returning Israel's calls unless they make some big changes.

The biggest change being they need to stop returning our calls until we get rid of the Nazi sympathizing Russian puppets in the executive branch.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Well, yeah, you aren't allowed to make everyone stand up after the captain turns on the seatbelt light.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

M_Gargantua posted:

well yeah, but why is ted cruz posting it (sarcastically?) in a thread about getting soda spilled on him?

It isn't sarcastic. He writes in that script a lot for some reason.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Oh good. We've found out how he's going to prove that he's good at military stuff and forget about the dead soldier phone calls. Also, I like the part where he's floating the idea of a pre-emptive surprise attack as a trial balloon. Nice touch.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

That craven toady posted:

“And he said to me, ‘What do I say’” Kelly recalled Trump asking him, before calling the families of those lost in Niger.

“I said to him, sir, there’s nothing you can do to lighten the burden on these families,” Kelly continued. “But let me tell you what I tell them, let me tell you what my best friend, Joe Dunford, told me, because he was my casualty officer.”

“He said ‘Kel, he was doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was killed. He knew what he was getting into by joining that 1 percent.’”

Kelly was the source of the "He knew what he signed up for line." Kelly was the loving source. It's a terrible thing to say to a widow even before Trump twisted it up. And now Kelly is complaining about someone overhearing it instead of resigning in disgrace. I'm glad I never had to salute that rear end in a top hat. I'd have to consider chopping my hand off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

watch mueller make a big dick move and charge someone for collusion right off the bat

Turns out Mueller is hung like a goddamn bull

• Locked thread