Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

OldAlias posted:

no, rooted in Marxism. if you don't understand the nature of international aid and how it is never unconditional then lol. USAID explicitly speaks of this in discussion papers, of aids leverage role and how it can be used to exert influence over policy. what do you think the states' / imf / world banks historical activity in Latin America was about, the goodness of their hearts?

we'll give you aid but you can't have a weed or sex education other than abstinence also we get interest tia :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

half the time when I load ie it just crashes on whatever garbage page is the default

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Boiled Water posted:

i wonder why ms keep throwing resources after this when firefox and chrome clearly fill this void

because tracking and bing ads, op

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

windows ecks will wake from sleep to install updates but not actually install them and then ignores the sleep timer

you have to reboot so it'll install the updates for real this time and then tell it to sleep

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lol no why would anyone do that

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I must listen to advertisements while I vacuum

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Blue Train posted:

Edge is goddamn garbage uses too much memory and can't search history without opening internet explorer for some loving reason?

1.5 browsers, 2 settings menus

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

more like 0.6 settings menus cause you can never loving find anything

ms is such garbage

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

anthonypants posted:

it also has ads telling you to preorder motorsport 7 and buy a groove music pass

Windows as a service lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

wait until he sees what it did to his desk

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

this sounds like a wireless mouse problem (probably weak signal/interference) or maybe shitware

it's windows

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Sapozhnik posted:

yeah, god it's simple, if you get an NTFS-formatted external drive and plug it into your Windows computer you just need to go into the properties and reset the permissions

no, not that setting, that won't work. the other one

no you have to go into advanced settings

no the other advanced settings

yeah you have to reset it to your SID. you do remember what your SID is right? idiot

windows

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

for a while I couldn't figure out why my notepad++ files weren't saving and it turns out ms decided my user folder required top secret security and was just silently denying access for months

ms is absolute garbage

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I have to use lync at work and it lags an i5 to the point of not being able to type

a chat program lags the computer so much I can't type. a+ work there ms

*audio crackles, computer freezes*
Your computer is causing poor audio quality.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

teamspeak with 200 people in the channel in tyool 2004 was better than this rancid poo poo

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

why would i ever have to mess with permissions on my user folder? what terrible OS would require such a thing

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it would also fail silently, again, when running programs from the /user/downloads folder

i download an excel file and open it, error popup says it's "corrupted"
nope, just need to go into the file properties > advanced > other advanced > security > advanced > advanced security > security and check "allow program"

microsoft is clownshoes

anyway i switched to steveos and haven't had any stupid microsoft problems. thank you for listening

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Dodoman posted:

After finally having achieved some semblance of ui coherency in the creators update, ms has promptly throw it away in 1803.

e; okay sweet atleast you can turn off the new aero effects

how many settings menus are there now?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

my employer is finally switching from office 2010 to O365 and i'm really looking forward to the fun and exciting new ways all the awful already-broken macro garbage will ruin my day, every day

is skype for business for professionals for workgroups pro 3.1 for business just as bad as lync "16 colors" 2010 because that program makes me want to eat a bullet

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Shaggar posted:

protectionist losers

:thunk: :patriot:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it's because Microsoft is bad, op

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

do they have a version without ads yet

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

anroid l-

oops

windows lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

update to the april creators thing, and i must say im actually surprised. the only settings that did reset for me were

1) wifi hotspot poo poo
2) default video player
3) auto sign-in after update/restart
4) less (but still plenty) privacy poo poo under "windows permissions" than i expected (including "feedback" frequency)
5) contact privacy
6) search permissions & history

lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

LOADING HACK TOOLS

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

jfc skype for business for professionals totally not lync has the worst UI i've ever used

W H I T E S P A C E and giant buttons for no reason
the useful bit of the chat window is like 40% of the space

gently caress you mcirosoft

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

osx did an update last month or something and had no issues and didn't reset any privacy settings

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Anal Del Raytheon posted:

im the $13 mojito

two please

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

infernal machines posted:

there's a command line?

yeah it's on the front page

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

anthonypants posted:

unlink your microsoft account from your computer, go into apps and reset the store, maybe do a restart, then sign into the store again and do not link your account with your computer

lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Last Chance posted:

lmao

if anyone can kill off the funko madness its microsoft

I finally saw this in the wild at work and lold in my shameful head at the display of pop culture dollies arranged proudly on top of some nerds cube

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

magsafe is god's own connector and apple is shameful as h*ck for no longer using it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Shaggar posted:

nah it was poorly designed and caught things on fire.

you're posts

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Shaggar posted:

they make barrel power connectors that rotate as well which is cool, but no data.

ah, the ever reliable barrel connector found on every pos laptop from 1991-present

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Shaggar posted:

usb c is good. lightning is bad

:thunk:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Fiedler posted:

everybody is working on a folding phone. there's a fuckton of work to make a folding phone os properly responsive to the orientation of the device. zero chance that samsung gets it anywhere close to right.

nobody wants a folding phone

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

couldn't the hinge state coding be for the stupid reversible/folding laptops that nobody wants

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

anthonypants posted:

microsoft, because gently caress you

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it looks like a lazy clone of facebook

great job ms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007