Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
has Microsoft done anything relevant in the last decade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
rip zdr

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
[quote="“pram”" post="“477156697”"]
the thing that pisses me off about vs code is its literally always popping up an update notification and always opens with the release notes tab open on EVERY window
[/quote]

the genuine microsoft experience on every platform

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I just use safari, all of my bookmarks and reading lists and currently open tabs sync over iCloud.

does windows have something like that?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I'm looking for a specific answer here: does Microsoft has an iCloud equivalent that provides generic sync services to all your apps based on a single account? seems like the answer is no.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shaggar posted:

yes, but the app has to use it

does the OS use it? when I enter my WiFi password on a device, are all of my other devices automatically able to use that network when they see it? are my notifications sent to all of them? is there even a windows cloud notification backend? can I locate my devices and wipe them remotely?

all of this without any third party apps

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
chrome is awful

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

propagating wifi passwords is not desirable you monster

it's the best

[quote="“Boiled Water”" post="“477199174”"]
I take it you haven’t used state of the art business browsers with Sharepoint in Internet Explorer 11 recently?
[/quote]

I literally haven't used windows since XP other than some minor janitor work for family.

edit: lomarf nice quoting job awful.app

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
someone post the Microsoft iPhone funeral tia

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Pinterest Mom posted:

I hate when I accidentally turn on an experimental feature that was never intended to be tested broadly and also put up a support page explaining how it works and take payment to disable the feature

I’m torn between these two explanations:
1. it was enabled to gauge customer reaction, and their response is an obvious lie to walk it back
2. it was a feature that is designed to be turned on at a later time to avoid the blowback during the update cycle. the general population was really not supposed to know about it.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
access exists to stop idiots from using dBase. in that it has been a success and we should consider it a triumph.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Luigi Thirty posted:

20 minutes, I have had windows installed for 20 minutes on this spare hard drive entirely so I can play battlefield 5

https://twitter.com/LuigiThirty/status/1065901845246353408

WHAT

what we’re looking at here is an error message with a string table fault. the original message was:

“Too many computers have accessed this account’s version of XXXX recently. Please try again later.”

where XXXX was some specific string that it tried to look up and failed, so it inserted

“DisplayName field missing from registry.”

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

I bet this is a functional improvement from when you’d only get a dialog that the string for the other error was missing

error 0x800017b4

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Microsoft releases a linux dual screen phone. go home everyone, it’s over, everybody lost.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
someone post their new earbuds.

here we go.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
remember when that Microsoft courier concept animation leaked and a bunch of nerds wet their pants over it. and even though the usage model was totally impractical and the scenarios were contrived and the software could never do the things it promised, somehow the courier became a legend of the glorious concept that could have been

well, this one has two screens

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Last Chance posted:

courier new

drat

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

dude went from rising star at a huge company to product director at a outdoor equipment flash sale site basically overnight

my personal guess is a combo of weird sex stuff and

dude went from balding super-nerd writing books about windows internals to earring and leather jacket guy (as dressed by Microsoft pr team) to be the face of xbox. weird sex and drugs are almost guaranteed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Sagebrush posted:

I haven't heard anything about a Microsoft sex ring but I assume contextually that it's just a bunch of gross middle-aged nerd wife swappers

I’m pressure sure I read about some execs but nothing that implicated the big boys we all know. I mean, they’re no google.