Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
micropenis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Fiedler posted:

For enterprises, Azure.
For consumers, Surface.
For developers, TypeScript and VS Code.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the thing that pisses me off about vs code is its literally always popping up an update notification and always opens with the release notes tab open on EVERY window

pram
Jun 10, 2001
well, did you buy it?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

SO DEMANDING posted:

give them a year and I bet Microsoft will take another abortive swing at a mobile OS

surfaceos lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
it will be bad and fail

pram
Jun 10, 2001
we tried real hard. late nights. ordering in. believe me

pram
Jun 10, 2001
actually the reason winpho series 10 phone for windows phone failed is because it doesnt have a keyboard so its not a good email machine

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
focused inbox is total garbage

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
microsoft bad

pram
Jun 10, 2001
remember when microsoft band was SOLD OUT everywhere and whoa mama, redmonds got a real sleeper hit here! and then they permanently ceased production like a year later. lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
windows :razz:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Powaqoatse posted:

lol if you even have a registry to janitor, just lol

this right here

pram
Jun 10, 2001
looks like some guys shoddy homebrew hobbyist windows 95 port

pram
Jun 10, 2001
looks bad op

pram
Jun 10, 2001
https://www.fastcodesign.com/90147868/exclusive-microsoft-has-stopped-manufacturing-the-kinect

quote:

Manufacturing of the Kinect has shut down. Originally created for the Xbox 360, Microsoft’s watershed depth camera and voice recognition microphone sold ~35 million units since its debut in 2010, but Microsoft will no longer produce it when retailers sell off their existing stock. The company will continue to support Kinect for customers on Xbox, but ongoing developer tools remain unclear.

lol. soon: manufacturing of the xbox has shut down

pram
Jun 10, 2001
good

pram
Jun 10, 2001

jony neuemonic posted:

is it worth replacing the stock xps wifi card? it looks pretty trivial and mine gets like 1/3rd the speed of any other device in the house.

kinda wish i had gone x1c.

the yospos approved windows laptop sounds like a real piece of poo poo

pram
Jun 10, 2001

anthonypants posted:

it sounds like twitter user Taylor Swift But On The Internet (LOL can you IMAGINE someone like Taylor Swift doing COMPUTERS....LMAO) should learn how to use powershell

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lmao :qq:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
ibm owns

pram
Jun 10, 2001
im'a computa. stop usin microsoft products! help computa

pram
Jun 10, 2001
doesn’t sound like an authentically digital experience imo

pram
Jun 10, 2001

carry on then posted:

so

loving

mad

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lmao

pram
Jun 10, 2001
windows phone series 7 buries the competition

pram
Jun 10, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSAXEVXvNz8

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Celexi posted:

zune v 2334444 dies

lmao

hobbesmaster posted:

playsforsure*

*no longer plays

pram
Jun 10, 2001

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you can't search history in microsoft edge :wtc:

Celexi posted:

It also has no bookmark manager

Shaggar posted:

chome and failfox are so bad I cant imagine why anyone would use them over edge.

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol 64gb

pram
Jun 10, 2001

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

except the surface rt, as a device, never attempted to inhabit the same niche as the other two, the instruction set is a technical detail only nerds consider, not like there is the least bit of compatibility between the surface rt and the ipad pro

what the gently caress does this even mean

pram
Jun 10, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAn-zPojex0

never attempted to inhabit the same niche

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the ipad had a keyboard dock in 2010, and the surface came out in 2012 (and lets not forget was a 1 billion dollar loss)

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the surface was made to compete with the ipad you stupid gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

the conversation has entirely consistently been about the ipad pro

well, the ipad pro and arm, though my entire contention is that these things really don't relate in a significant way

the ipad pro didnt come out until 3 years after the surface, which was created to compete with the ipad