Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

Holy poo poo you guys

I prefer the old school version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

General Dog posted:

The Big 12 couldn't survive because Nebraska couldn't live with the idea of no longer being the center of power. And that's fine- I don't blame them, but I don't blame Texas either. Texas didn't become the king of the conference through a hostile takeover, it was just the changing nature of the business.

When Nebraska left, the teams that followed did so because they'd understandably lost faith in the conference's future. The money, the Longhorn Network, the egos- that was all secondary.

A reasonable take from General Dog I can agree with.

Acting like Texas was the sole reason everything went down when we, like every other conference, are/were just a pack of assholes is hilarious.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Neil Armbong posted:

A reasonable take from General Dog I can agree with.

Acting like Texas was the sole reason everything went down when we, like every other conference, are/were just a pack of assholes is hilarious.

If y'all want to say you weren't the only reason I can agree with that. When you act like you weren't the main reason is where I have problems.

Also you're reduced to agreeing with General Dog, so...yeah. There's that.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

NCAA is a crock of poo poo. Just wait till they come after Miami again for going to benihana's again or something.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Grittybeard posted:

If y'all want to say you weren't the only reason I can agree with that. When you act like you weren't the main reason is where I have problems.

lol. u mad. Texas wasn't the main reason.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/onlygators/status/918842995721555968

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't bet or really trust aTm to win a big game in the second half of the season, but I don't understand how Florida is favored in that game.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grittybeard posted:

Show us on the doll where the Longhorn touched you.

barring that, cite some evidence that it's all that big meanie's Texas fault, instead of everybody being to blame equally.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Divorces are ugly, especially when children are involved

can we at least agree on that

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

Grittybeard posted:

I have always loved this. :allears:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

TAMU is going to boat race UF at home.

Kadarius Toney is out, Cleveland is out. Nick Washington is out.

Feleipe "one-read" Franks and Malik Davis can't carry this team.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

LeeMajors posted:

TAMU is going to boat race UF at home.

Kadarius Toney is out, Cleveland is out. Nick Washington is out.

Feleipe "one-read" Franks and Malik Davis can't carry this team.

Never doubt our ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The Aggies' offense comes and goes, and while I feel reasonably good about our chances, I could easily see us having some bad turnover luck and losing 16-13 or something.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
5-3, Gators.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/GatorCritic/status/918877801071218688

augias
Apr 7, 2009

im newer here so i have to know, do people really say Texas rear end to Mouth when they write aTm

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
edit: jesus what is this avatar?

augias posted:

im newer here so i have to know, do people really say Texas rear end to Mouth when they write aTm

No but if they're anything like me they do say a silent prayer that A&M remains garbage forever and ever amen every time they write it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

single-mode fiber posted:

If you have enough bad wife birthdays eventually you won't have to worry about them anymore.

I find that carrying the lonely torch means I don't have to care about any birthdays.

And this concludes Iowa State Cyclones defeated Oklahoma Sooners week.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jivesauce posted:

No but if they're anything like me they do say a silent prayer that A&M remains garbage forever and ever amen every time they write it.

It's the new stupid newbie avatar.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Jivesauce posted:

I don't say it, but it is implied.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

CannonFodder posted:

And this concludes Iowa State Cyclones defeated Oklahoma Sooners week.

The hell you say, Oklahoma Lost To Iowa State week doesn't conclude until we lose to Kansas tomorrow.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Randaconda posted:

It's the new stupid newbie avatar.

Ah, well they may have finally found a way to get avatar money out of me after all these years

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Jesus Christ Gruden is walking around downtown Knoxville right now, and Tennessee fans are losing their poo poo.

Lets see he has a MNF in Nashville, and his son is in the Knoxville area. No surprise he would be here. Still there is a part of me that wished he was trolling the fanbase on purpose by walking around Market Sq. You know the rear end in a top hat fans are bugging the poo poo out of him about coaching. Let the guy enjoy a lunch.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

nate fisher posted:

Jesus Christ Gruden is walking around downtown Knoxville right now, and Tennessee fans are losing their poo poo.

Lets see he has a MNF in Nashville, and his son is in the Knoxville area. No surprise he would be here. Still there is a part of me that wished he was trolling the fanbase on purpose by walking around Market Sq. You know the rear end in a top hat fans are bugging the poo poo out of him about coaching. Let the guy enjoy a lunch.

Jon Gruden would be a bad college football coach.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Sab0921 posted:

Jon Gruden would be a bad college football coach.

Oh I agree, but don't say that to the rest of the Tennessee fanbase. Their obsession with him is on the verge of unhealthiness

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Thoguh posted:

The hell you say, Oklahoma Lost To Iowa State week doesn't conclude until we lose to Kansas tomorrow.

You're selling this event a bit short. This is no mere week. We are in the very heart of an Oklahoma Lost to Iowa State Season. It's gonna run at least until OU and Iowa State have played all their games this season. And it applies retroactively all the way back to Week 1. Well it's not exactly retroactive. This has actually been an Oklahoma Loses to Iowa State season all along, it's just that nobody knew it until last Saturday.

Hypothetical deities willing, we will all collectively enter the state of Texas Has The Golden Hat on Saturday evening. May it endure for a thousand generations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

lmao https://www.firenussmeier.com is a thing

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
God it would be fun as poo poo to watch Gruden get steamrolled by Saban

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

PostNouveau posted:

I've gotta agree. I was in love with the idea of the PAC-16 expansion, but it would have loving sucked looking back on it. It's cool as hell to build deeper competitive histories with schools like Iowa State and Kansas State and the rest of the conference instead of just having 5 we play every year and 10 other teams we see once every five years or whatever the PAC-16 system would have looked like.

Expansion/Conference Shuffle is always one of my favorite stories to follow, but I can't even imagine the system to make that work in a way that makes everyone happy. And like while it would of course work financially for them, the schools with weaker programs would really be hosed from a competitive standpoint, basically permabad. At least now there's some parity.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
gently caress an orange-man, GO TIGERS!!!

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Raku posted:

God it would be fun as poo poo to watch Gruden get steamrolled by Saban

This has never occurred to me, but yes, I agree.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I miss Gruden being a coach so I could hear announcers talk about some dingus with an 8 year old's haircut intimidating 300 pound linemen by making funny faces at them.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

:negative:

It never ends. I wonder if Jeff Brohm is cool w/ humidity?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

And the university apparently supports white supremecists (sic). Huzzah!!!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

C2C - 2.0 posted:

This really isn't true at all you swamp donkey

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

C2C - 2.0 posted:

It's a public university, they don't really have a choice.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Grittybeard posted:

Thank god you posted this because I lost the original. It's my only worthwhile contribution to the internet.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

This really isn't true at all you swamp donkey

Goddamn, cousin!!! You’re on FIRE!!!

I mean, Fuchs probably could’ve handled a couple of things differently. Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t the university decided to allow Spencer’s group to control ticket sales & have his group’s security handle the event?

Oh, and :lol: Jameis

https://twitter.com/jameis__winston/status/918136204109008899

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Goddamn, cousin!!! You’re on FIRE!!!

I mean, Fuchs probably could’ve handled a couple of things differently. Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t the university decided to allow Spencer’s group to control ticket sales & have his group’s security handle the event?

The only correct way to deal with Spencer is with a swift and righteous knuckle sandwich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
anyone who doesn't think jameis did it is insane

• Locked thread