Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

jivjov posted:

I'm glad to see that it seems like they'll be following up on Rey having crazy amounts of raw power.

I'm not. It's lazy. It's like when a popular series regular leaves, so the producers panic at the thought of losing popularity, so they replace that character with someone who's just like them, but they overcompensate by telling the audience that the new character is even better than the last one.

It's something the EU would do. "Think Luke and Vader were powerful? Well, these new characters are better than them because they're even more powerful!"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

jivjov posted:

It seems like its gonna actually be a plot point though. Not just upping the stakes for no reason.

So was Starkiller base. "It's like the Death Star, but better!" Rey and Ren can't just be Force users, they have to be the most powerful force users, ever!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

El Burbo posted:

I don't like "porgs"

Anyone who likes the Porgs can't complain about the Ewoks or Jar Jar ever again.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

lelandjs posted:

Where the gently caress does Finn keep getting lightsabers from

In the time between RotJ and TFA, Luke lost a LOT of hands

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Han and Leia were just fine when they sent Ben to train with Luke. Leia felt that Luke would be a better teacher to Ben than she could be, since he would understand better what Ben was going through. Then (spoilers for the book Bloodline) a political enemy of Leia's finds out that Leia is the daughter of Vader, and has the info leaked. This is how Ben finds out, while training away from his parents, that he is the son of Darth Vader. By a public broadcast. I bring this book stuff up because Rian Johnson had a hand in some story elements in the book, so it might come up.

Han and Leia split after Ben freaked out and left. After their failure as parents, they both went back to what they "were good at".

Can we reboot the EU again?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Awkward guy says something awkward around pretty girl.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

viral spiral posted:

:lol:

Do any of the Transformers films even have dialogue this bad?

TF 4 brought the movie to the halt with a brief defense of Romeo and Juliet laws.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Should the thread title be "They called the tenth Star Wars "episode 8"?

TPM
AotC
Clone Wars
RotS
Rogue 1
ANH
ESB
RotJ
TFA
TLJ

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

UmOk posted:

Back to new stuff. Does this not look like an evil person outfit?

So she raided Chuck De Nomolos' closet?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

UmOk posted:

Aotc has good costumes but I think Phantom Menace has the best costume design in all the movies. Everything Amidala wears in it is so weird and awesome. Especially the first time we see her on Naboo.

I like Jango Fett's armor. The blue and steel is just an awesome combination.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/OhNoSheTwitnt/status/918498392418013184

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/918506056401108992

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

UmOk posted:

This is a good post. Anakinds awkwardness is really only present when he is with Padme. When he is doing space knight stuff he behaves totally differently.

I always like the speeder chase with Zam in AotC. You can tell his jokiness with Obi-Wan is an attempt to cover up his anger.

And I like how this was edited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i94r3-zOhoc&t=140s

Lucas didn't have Obi-Wan look up after Anakin yelled, he had him look up moments before, because Obi-Wan knew Anakin had already lost control.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ingmar terdman posted:

I like how in the speeder chase, his witty banter falls flat because he doesn't know when to cut the joke off about finding the right speeder, with the right color, and the right speed capabilities. We get it

Because he's distracted because he wants to murder someone. He's just babbling.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Yaws posted:

That was a sweet fuckin' move when Anakin slices of Dookus hands.

That look on Dooku's face when Palpatine said "Kill him" is brilliant.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The MSJ posted:

He seems like a cool character and I like his weird deaign.

Speaking of spinoffs.
https://twitter.com/RealRonHoward/status/919270625696538625
Tag and Bink were two comedic characters from the Dark Horse comics who set off a number of events seen in the movies.

Give me a Tag and Bink film. Hey, you know who'd be good directors for that? Miller and Lord.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Well, yeah, Harrison Ford didn't have a soda can sided hole drilled through his lungs before being throw off a cliff, having his broken corpse smash against the floor and then said corpse obliterated in the implosion of a planet. That takes a toll on your body.

Just stick him in a bacta tank. He'll be fine.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

UmOk posted:

Do the Stars War movies have super detailed special features like the LotR and Hobbit movies?

When the prequels came out, each had a documentary focusing on an aspect of the film.

RotS had a really neat one called "Within a Minute" which was about all the work that goes on behind the scenes to make one minute of the film

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Anyone else see Jar Jar Binks in this?

It's the first thing I saw

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

It's a sports bar. Sports are being played on the TVs. The patrons are watching droids play something that looks like football. Also other programs. It's a good scene.

Also racing, from TPM. And hunting for sport from ANH. (Surprised Luke didn't have womb rat heads on his wall)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I hope it turns out porgs are just meat for Ewoks

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Speaking of Ewoks, this cartoon set right around the end of ROTJ addresses a major thing about them. The title is "An Imperial Feast".
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/925044644643143681
Also, Hera and Chopper are in it too.

Han's wearing the wrong clothes. Not canon!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

josh04 posted:

Whether or not the story itself is true, what it tells us about George Lucas' character and approach to Star Wars is brutally accurate.

I said this before but George Lucas is the best simply because he doesn't take Star Wars as seriously as Star Wars fans do. Watch any behind the scenes stuff, and he's more likely to call them "laser swords" than "lightsabers", and he freaking invented the name.

I remember a couple of years ago at a Star Wars fan film convention, people got upset at him for picking, as the fan film of the year, a animated short about a child singing about getting a Boba Fett action figure. Fans thought it was disrespectful that he would choose that over something that expanded the lore and used SFX.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

I don't buy that, if only because I don't think you can create a series over the course of six films and however many decades and not take it seriously.

However, there's certainly a difference between him and the typical fan about what they find important within the films.

He took it seriously, but he was also able to poke fun at it as well. Robot Chicken, The Family Guy specials. I knew of people who were upset at these, because they felt it disrespected the story.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Darth Insanius is a genuinely better name than "Kylo Ren"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

That he doesn't particularly care if anyone else gets what he's doing, joke or not, is evident with the prequels; recall the stories about the panic he caused everyone around him with The Phantom Menace when they felt no one was going to go see it.

Didn't he give either NSync or the Backstreet Boys cameos as Jedi that he ended up having to edit out because of the massive backlash?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

UmOk posted:

Seven Samurai set pre-Order 66.

Edit: This has probably been done on the cartoon.

Hell, CW did Die Hard.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

UmOk posted:

Do you know the episode number?

S1 ep 22 "Hostage Crisis"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

For the past 25 years, Luke has had to poop off the side of his cliff island and sometimes the waves splash back into his butt

Couldn't he just poo poo on the ground, then force fling his poop into the water, avoiding the back splash?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

"AT-AT" sounds better than "A.T.A.T."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Joe Johnston says he is retiring after the next Narnia movie so no Star Wars movies by him unfortunately.

That's sad to hear. Captain America and The Rocketeer are favorites of mine.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Milky Moor posted:

New prequel trilogy.

Gotta find out how Shmi Skywalker became a slave! Eleven from Stranger Things can play her!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The MSJ posted:

There have got to be some heavy subtext there what with the WW1 museum and all.

USA! USA! USA! USA!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I always took it as Vader being Palpatine's muscle more than anything. He was a pit-bull on a leash to be aimed at problems that required his particular abilities. Dealing with politics and bureaucracy wasn't one of them. So he's instructed to back Tarkin up, to be the visible and intimidating face of the Emperor when he couldn't be present.

What, are you trying to say Vader isn't the kind to stay late to finish up his paperwork?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

General Dog posted:

Clearly Rey has some reason to seek out Luke, wouldn't having someone there to question her motives be a good thing?

It feels kind of like the writers weren't sure how to cap off Finn's arc or his friendship with Rey so they just kind of punted.

Well, Luke didn't take Han or Leia or Wedge with him to Dagobah, so of course Rey couldn't take anyone with her to Luke

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Captain Splendid posted:

Oh poo poo, yeah, we have a Luke/Chewie reunion to look forward to.

Chewie's probably going to be flying off with the Ewoks Porgs instead of hanging around

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Beeez posted:

I don't think he necessarily was trying to kill Conan,

Did I miss a crossover?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Last Jedi is officially the longest SW film at 2 hr 30 min

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

jivjov posted:

8 minutes longer than the previous record holder, (Attack of the Clones, 2:22)

14 minutes longer than the longest OT film (RoTJ; 2:16)

15 minutes longer than TFA, 2:15

52 minutes longer than the shortest Star Wars film, Clone Wars

Still not as long as The Holiday Special feels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Does the Star Wars universe have names for days of the weeks or months of the years? Or is it just "seasons" as on Tatooine?