Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Trailer looks good. I bet the movie will be good too, like TFA and Rogue One and unlike the prequels which were loving trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm hoping Luke wrecks shop at some point, but it didn't look like he had any action scenes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

bagrada posted:

Talladega Nights with pod racing.

Yeah, I'd watch that

Sebulba: Origins

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 10, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Seaniqua posted:

Pretty sure I've posted my list before but whatever

5 > 4 > 7 > 6 > RO > 1 > 3 > 2

I enjoy 6 and RO about the same. I rewatched Revenge of the Sith recently because I remembered it being my favorite of the PT and holy gently caress does it suck. What a boring piece of poo poo.

edit: trailer good

Nailed it. Most accurate list right here. I move we etch it in stone so we can move on to more important things like this Sebulba prequel everyone's clamoring for.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
poo poo got buckwild in the background there.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

I don't understand why the Hobbit movies have avoided the level of notoriety that the Star Wars prequels have. They're really, really bad. Maybe people just felt too beaten down to even want to think about them after watching them.

No one has the slightest inclination to rewatch them because they're tedious as gently caress. The prequels are garbage, but they are not boring.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cat Machine posted:

It's a real shame they aren't using the off-year films for more experimental stuff. With all the recent firings no respectable director is gonna touch this franchise. Imagine a Denis Villeneuve or Luc Besson take on Star Wars :(

It's a good point. I liked Rogue One well enough, and the Han Solo movie did sound like it was going to be a shitshow, but maybe they should have let Lord & Miller make Space Ocean's 13 and not forced a bunch of Rogue One reshoots.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Quote not edit

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I simply defy any Star Wars fan to write multiple paragraphs of content about any particular aspect of the filmmaking of TFA.

I liked the costume design.

The sound editing was also good.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

The Forge Awaken used CGI. End paragraph.

The Forced Awakens used practical effects. End paragraph.

Do I win the smuglefuck award?

Two posts too late. That trophy is mine!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

You laugh, but SMG is currently writing a massive rebuttal your post, with comparisons to Eastern philosophy and how it retells the story of Pokemon Go.

I picked costume design and sound editing because they seem like they'd be the biggest pains in the rear end for him to write a 2,000 effort post about. :ssh:

I'm hoping for soundcloud clips of R2D2 vs. BB8.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Yeah there's a fun shot right before this where you can see the extension cord running to her dress. What a visual feast for the senses truly every frame is a painting when Lucas directs

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

Guessing no one is going to lost a screenshot of said cord

It's actually the shot that was posted. I just wasn't looking at a large enough version of the photo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Filthy Casual posted:

The extension cord is a representation of Amidala being chained to her position as a publicly elected monarch. Much her like dress, she would lose all power when stepping outside of confines of her expected role.

Nah, see Marx's application of dialetics tells us the truth is the whole picture. Amidala is a monarchal regent in form, but the extension cord shows that she's tied to the material necessities of the infrastructure of Naboo for her power. When she later changes out of the dress, we understand that her essence is a state of flux. She is changing into an imperialist diplomat free of material needs to ruthlessly pursue the aims of her capitalist masters. You see, it's content, not form.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DeimosRising posted:

Haha have you guy seen this storm trooper who hits his head on the doorframe? It's like, come on how did that make it into the movie lol fucken amateur hour over here

I like when things like this happen cause then I can feel smarter than the chumps who hosed up

Yeah it's pretty dope.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Y'all anthropomorphizing droids and forcing gender norms on them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hodgepodge posted:

That porg makes me think that the big eyes are just to lure you close; once you lean in they eat your face with their gigantic maw of razor-sharp teeth.

The big action setpiece of The Last Jedi is Luke cutting hundreds of porgs in half before they eventually swarm him and tear him limb from robotic limb.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ingmar terdman posted:

All these new posts I expected some hot news regarding Porgs.

They're the porgiest!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
New fan theory: Han killed Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru.

Just chumming the water here for my 10,000-word Reddit post that will prove it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVNMOKIUrgw

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DeimosRising posted:

Why would you trust a bunch of Hollywood executives to know if a movie is good when they are as a class of humans legendarily stupid and unconcerned with quality per se

I liked TFA and Rogue One, so I trust Kathleen Kennedy has a good idea of what a good Star Wars movie is.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Gadot is def a fascist but man she has amazing cinematic presence.

Edit

Not the trump thread sorry.

Gal Gadot for Princess Leia solo movie, you heard it here first.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

I believe you will find certain posters that hold that Wookies are simply large upright dogs.

I mean, Chewbacca can fly and repair a spaceship.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Milky Moor posted:

Wookiees can't fly.

You don't know that. He could spread his wings in the next movie and then wookies will have always been able to fly and just chose not to.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
You can get away with one "gently caress" in a PG-13 movie now, so Luke saying "gently caress a duck" is on the table.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah Titanic had titties and a PG-13 rating, so if you've got enough sway, you can skirt the rules.

So I'm predicting we see some Porg titties in TLJ.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fist a Bith

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Here's a controversial opinion: even though Empire Strikes Back was good, I think Return of the Jedi is better.

:thunk:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

You see, the Jedi Order passed down the knowledge of the Force Kick for thousands of years ...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fargin Icehole posted:

I grew up on the classic trilogy, and playing Tie Fighter and Dark Forces. I loved star wars.

You know what? i'm going to wait until last jedi shows up on a streamable service or DVD. Don't give a gently caress anymore. I can't really see them trying to remake Empire Strikes back well.

You're gonna get it spoiled for you if you don't see it opening day.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

viral spiral posted:

Does anybody think the upcoming ESB remake has the potential to be the fist film to make $1 billion domestically?

I'mma see it at least 2 million times, so they've got a real shot.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grendels Dad posted:

Thankfully Dinsey did a focus group on TLJ and they said the same thing, so after a few minor reshoots TLJ will now surprise and delight audiences worldwide by working in plot points from audience favorites Fight Club and The Sixth Sense.

You ever notice how no one talks to Finn when Rey is in the room? :thunk:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
She's a Palpatine. It's gonna happen.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Han Solo, Darth Vader and BB-8 results make me question the results as a whole. Only 68% have a favorable view of Han Solo? BB-8, which was engineered to be as adorable as possible, is only 33%?

I suspect they're including people who haven't seen the movies in this.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cnut the Great posted:

Sorry, but Hayden Christensen is the face of Anakin Skywalker now in the eyes of the public (far more than Sebastian Shaw ever was or is) and will be forever and always. Seeing Anakin happy and redeemed looking like his actual self is more satisfying on a storytelling level than seeing Sebastian Shaw, who without the obscuring benefit of make-up is way too obviously not Anakin. And with any luck we'll be getting Hayden Christensen to return in some capacity in the sequel trilogy playing the character he defined for a generation.

You've lost the Star Wars culture war in this regard, I'm afraid.

In what capacity? He's certainly not going to be the guy in the suit while James Earl Jones does the voice. You think they might set some live action movies in the Clone Wars or Christensen might show up as a force ghost in the new movies?

I like the idea that Luke has been occasionally communing with his father for years like he did with Obi-Wan.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, that makes sense. So you can kinda through cultural osmosis decide you know and like princess leia because she's been in the cultural consciousness for 40 years. But the newest movies haven't had time to sink in and aren't likely to be huge cultural touchstones because they didn't kick off a franchise or invent the big sci-fi blockbuster.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

viral spiral posted:

Who's the main protagonist of TPM?

Qui Gon?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Were the reviews good? I like bite-sized Twitter reviews, but I don't know how to work Twitter.

*hint hint*

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Kart Barfunkel posted:

They were glowing, but they were always going to be glowing.

But HOW glowing? Like best Star Wars since "Star Wars" glowing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Some media site for dinosaurs rounded them up.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-impressions-for-star-wars-the-last-jedi-are-1821163099

Get hype!