Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Rad Lieutenant posted:

On your knees

You're only supposed to get on 1 knee to protest the police murdering black people according to the nfl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Lest say someone from your PD's TOP BRASS came down to your office in the basement and said "Hey fucko! How would you like to be on LIVE PD for the next month hauling around a couple of cameramen while you do your job"? Would you jump at the opportunity to be a hero on TV or tell them to go play poop patrol with a nightstick?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Arc Light posted:

I'd link thesoldier's manifesto about how he was so lonely that he'd pull people over just to talk to them, but I'm afraid it's lost to the sands of time.

A gross abuse of power for such a minimal reward. Sounds like how people get temp promotions to management at the IRS.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Y'all need to check out Mike Judge: Tails From the Tour Bus on Cinemax. The one about Johnny Paycheck is loving hilarious

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

ASAPI posted:

1. Have you even read these forums?

2. Killing of good doggos/kitties is frowned upon, why would we kill animals like that?

3. We are Are Troops. At least those of us dumb enough to still be in.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/are

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/our

Just fyi or did I miss some kind of SA secretive thingy about Are is a thing about something or other which is a thing i may or not be unaware of, maybe.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Arc Light posted:

Responded to a motor vehicle accident with injuries twenty minutes before the end of shift. Dude hit a guardrail at high speed on the interstate. Between shutting down a lane of traffic, waiting for an ambulance and a wrecker, and writing a crash report, I expected to be stuck there for at least an hour past shift change. When we got there, we realized that it happened twenty feet past the city limits. Directed traffic for five minutes until the state police came to relieve us. Still got off shift on time.

:unsmith:

Going to watch supertroopers again now

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I watched the Jim Jeffries Show the other day and was wondering what you cops think of lowering the drinking age to 18?

These are the only countries that require a person to be 21 to drink:

Côte d'Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Iraq, Kiribati, Micronesia, Mongolia, Nauru, Oman, Palau, Samoa, Sri Lanka, United States.

https://drinkingage.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004294

China has no drinking age? :what:

Everyone else is below that or just no booze for anyone cause like god and stuff. The argument that got me wasn't the "you can own a gun(maybe)" or "you can join the military" but the fact that you can get filmed getting fuuuuuucked - like brazzers hosed and that's fine but you can't have a beer after you just had 47 dirty Australians pummeling your shithole for 90 minutes. v:shobon:v

Edit: found the 1st episode of Mike Judges Tales From the Tour Bus: Johnny Paycheck - full episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgoAJhuEM3M

loving hilarious

Reign Of Pain fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 27, 2017

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Arc Light posted:

I enlisted in the Air Force as a teenager. My first duty station was in Italy. I was old enough to kill or die for my country, and I could legally (because the drinking age is state law, not federal) go to the local bar and drink, or pick up a six-pack at the base shoppette.

On my first deployment, I crossed paths with a soldier on his way to Iraq. He wasn't yet 21, and he was apparently so scrupulously honest that he'd never had a drink before. His first drinking experience was a few lovely Coronas at Al Udeid Air Base.

I went home to New York to celebrate my 21st birthday. For the week prior to that date, I once again couldn't drink. It was amazingly stupid.

Yes, I'm all for lowering the drinking age. Just about every other developed country makes it work. Hell, we made it work as recently as the Baby Boomer generation. From personal experience, I doubt that the drinking age ever actually stopped teenagers from drinking if they want to. It just keeps them away from bars until they can get a decent fake ID.

I was sooooo disappointed when I heard at the ripe old age of 16 that they were moving the limit to 21 in NY. IIRC they did put a grandfather clause in there though.

Is having a fake ID a felony? Is it just a misdemeanor in most states for a fake DL vs what must be a felony for a fake passport?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
This happens all the time at the IRS. Say your team is seeking volunteers for some cool sounding special project and 5 people say they want to do it for the 1 position available. It will then go by EOD - Enter On Date - the day you started working for the federal government. Whats hosed up about it is that your military service and anywhere else in the government added up is your official EOD. So if you've been at the IRS for 3 weeks but were in the Marines for 20 years you would effectively have seniority over someone in the same grade as you at the IRS that had worked there for 15 years. EOD is also taken into account when there are RIF's(reduction in force) so even though you've only been say a tax examiner for 3 months you could take someones job that had been doing tax examining for 15 years because you drove a tank for 20.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I just got a 2 month temp promotion to a gs13, just fyi.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
One of the guys on the team im managing got a job with CBP but they told him that since the irs let his clearance lapse he has to wait for them to clear him...he was told that could take between 2 months to 2 years. A GS11 IT position in the midwest too. I knew that OPM was backed up but 2 years? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit....

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Pilot to Gunner posted:

Our dept had a similar situation with a trainee who complained that their FTO was too mean for saying that maybe she wasn't cut out to be police. Almost that verbatim "this just isn't for you" sort of thing. She got led through with kid gloves after that. Everyone predicted that she would wash out or quit at some point but nooooope, still a PO. Cause... bodies.

A few months ago I saw bodycam footage of her standing around helplessly while her partner was getting his rear end handed to him by a banger, as she slowly edged away and squealed helpful things like "Oh no watch out!" and "Ew, he's bleeding on you!". Instead of, you know, actually helping her partner or calling for backup.

"Ew, he's bleeding on you!"

:downsbravo:

Sounds like shes a cumdodger too...

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Pilot to Gunner posted:

My parents will be calling the Chief ASAP to complain about this post.

I aint got a chief. I got a commissioner. The commish is about to finish his term so ya better hurry

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Grem posted:

God The Inspectors is such a great show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21G3vCXOIAc

actually no its not...

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Look at this fat fed gently caress

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/us/politics/fbi-stolen-gun-stolen-charlotte.html?_r=0

quote:

WASHINGTON — An F.B.I. counterterrorism supervisor is under internal investigation after a woman stole his gun following a night of heavy drinking in a North Carolina hotel, according to documents and government officials.

In July, Robert Manson, a unit chief in the F.B.I.’s international terrorism section, had his Glock .40-caliber handgun, a $6,000 Rolex watch and $60 in cash stolen from his room at the Westin hotel in Charlotte, N.C., according to a police report.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Why wont they let us see that chicks tits in netflixs Punisher series? This is bullshit.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
So do any US PD's have an actual tank? I dont mean just some pos apc, but a real tank with like a 120mm cannon n poo poo. I want my tax dollars to blow up crooks so i dont have to pay Trump Penal Solutions Inc. any money to house and feed them.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

uncle w benefits posted:

Hahaha gently caress the police forever. Gun murder the family dog then order the owner to decapitate the corpse on pain of jail.

http://www.macon.com/news/nation-world/national/article188099994.html#fmp

I will vote for this person to be sheriff of my county if he handles my neighbors dogs the exact same way....twice even

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I can't believe that pile of poo poo got away with that. What a loving rear end in a top hat. I hope he dies of eye cancer.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
That sack of rotten assholes kept telling him to put his hands in the air or he'd shoot him and then told him to crawl - how the gently caress are you supposed to crawl with you hands in the air? I hope that frat bro looking shitbarge gets rear end raped until the room stinks.

Nice tats douchebro

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

I'm the bright red moustache

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Im old what aviators? is that a DiCaprio movie?

edit: the glasses....im dumb and old

Welp, lucky this guy was in england and not AZ

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f09_1513021224

Reign Of Pain fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 12, 2017

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I've got 13 more but Ted Cruz is gonna fire me 1st :(

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Is shooting rockets from your bicycle illegal? Asking for a friend...also this is awesome

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ff8_1513367359

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Good cop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOd4DOBjFH8

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I'm bored. Tell funny cop stories.

Spin a yarn of a time when you tricked some dirty perp into confessing to their crime(s).

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Victor Vermis posted:

I have an ongoing investigation that may hinge on proving the offender does not eats tacos.

I'm gonna subpoena Mr. Nice!

So you gotta find some partially eaten tacos with his saliva on them to prove hes a serial killer?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Had to bring this in here from the Death to America thread

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Look at all of those auto-generated problem tickets

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

threelemmings posted:

What's funny is my whole department would love something like this. The reason it'll never fly is out of shape chief and command staff, who would also be subject to any fitness standard. Our department is overall very fit, you really only start seeing round people at the detective level.

Management should be exempt. gently caress leading by example.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
The federal government owes me 6300000 and you can't arrest a contract unless its entity is in all caps

https://www.thedailybeast.com/republican-lawmaker-recognize-sovereign-citizens-or-pay-dollar10000-fine

quote:

Republican state Rep. Richard Marple is scheduled to introduce a bill that treats sovereign citizens as a recognized legal class, and proposes a $10,000 fine for state agencies that don’t buy into sovereigns’ legal make believe. Marple champions sovereign citizen talking points, which typically draw a far-right fanbase, and has earned him the praise of white supremacist Christopher Cantwell.

Can you still not buy booze after 8pm in CT?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Thesoldier posted:

My button is bigger and actually works.

I had a guy try the sovereign citizen thing once, with paper work from the internet. I decided to mind gently caress him, and asked him if he had paperwork that also did not exist.

He ended up googling Department of State Form 1138 and he kept bitching "All I can find is this IRS form" :laugh:

I'm pretty sure we have a form for every 4 digit combination

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

But I was only there for 5 minutes v:shobon:v

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
How realistic is the movie Bright when it comes to policing in L.A.?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Good news for Whip, Lena Dunham is single

Why is it good news for whip? Is he finally a post op tranny lesbian now?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
That dude really is one ugly broad

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Woof Blitzer posted:

I see you prefer posting with your monitor off

Why? Do you think he's pretty?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
come on you pussies :getin:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3832675&perpage=40&pagenumber=90#post480140295

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

I need this guy to go to my neighbors house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
What is the WORST reason y'all have heard for committing a crime? As bad as this?

http://www.newser.com/story/254297/house-fire-indirectly-caused-by-fart-cops.html

quote:

Police say a prank a decade ago led to an act of arson Tuesday in Washington state. KIMA reports Joel Cruz was at his parents house alone when police say he put a pot of vegetable oil on the stove, turned up the burner, and left. The resulting fire severely damaged the home. Police say Cruz told them he did it because he was mad thinking about his brother farting in his face a decade earlier. He also reportedly told police he heard voices in his head. Police gave Cruz a mental evaluation and tried to admit him to a state hospital but were unable to do so because he was determined to be a danger to himself and others.