Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

heh, 27 second? u are like baby

watch this,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivw1jp2fLHQ

This disgusts me.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That upward throw at the end is loving sick.

Considering it takes me like 10 tries just to get the upward hat throw to work correctly, yea it's insane.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

Is there a moon in Cap Kingdom for lighting all the lamps? I noticed that the game was tracking their state so I assume so. There's a lot of them though, I thought I had them all but nothing happened. Also Toad is pointing me to a Moon in that area, I'm not sure if it's hidden or what (is it under the town, and only accessible with a Winged Goomba?)

In regards to the Toad hint: look up

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

unrelated post-game: how the heck to i get the bird flying around cap kingdom??? it doesn't fly near any land that i could hit it with my hat, from what i've seen. flying up to it with a goomba doesn't do anything either.

I haven't gotten to the post game yet, but try flying up to it with a goomba, switch to mario in mid air, and then throw your hat at it?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

YOU MEAN I HAVE TO MOVE MY HAND?!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hell yea this game is amazing. I’d sell my soul for it if I had to.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there a moon rock anywhere in Bowser's Kingdom?

Yes I remember seeing one. Just not sure where. Hope this helps! :)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

I would've absolutely lost my poo poo, moreso than the glee I already felt, if (post-game) Peach's Castle had been a 1:1 replica of Mario 64 with bonus areas or the boss rematches placed where all the levels are.

This is what I was hoping too. It would have been incredible. I'd pay money for a DLC that recreated it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

McDragon posted:

Got to the post-game. That whole last story kingdom kicked rear end. I can't believe I didn't see Bowser capturing coming. When I realised he'd lost his hat my eyes lit up.

Is there any hidden stuff to find during this section?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m doing the dark side of the moon rabbit ridge boss rush. Where is this heart you can get? And can I go get it any any point in the rush?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Post game spoiler: Do you need to do anything special to get the acorns to spawn in Mushroom Kingdom? I scoured the whole place but could only find two of the small ones to put in Toad's garden. Also, do you need to do the sheep herding thing multiple times? That was tedious as hell.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

Good lord, I think I wore out my thumbs trying to get through the second phase of the You controlling Bowser area a ton of times. Why wasn't there a drat checkpoint after the first one?

This was almost comically easy? I didn't even really think it was possible to fail, unless you just stood stationary on a falling floor piece for an extended period of time. You're talking about the escape right after the chapel fight, correct?

Cobalt Viper posted:

You can only jump on it once. Try holding Y to make sure the cap stays in place for you to jump on it.

Yea, make sure you hold Y. Also, you cannot do it out of a wall jump.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

That sounds like an issue with your copy of the game or your Switch. I haven't had any crashes at all in the game.

Yea I’m at 400 moons and haven’t had a single issue of any kind.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I'm at the Wood galaxy, so I don't imagine I'm very far in, but I have every single moon to that point.

I think my other problem is that I find it very unsatisfying to leave a level without having done everything available to me. But in this game that's proving to be pretty ludicrous.

You definitely don’t have every moon to that point. Also you being a sperg and being unable to move on until you do everything available is not a valid criticism.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So after reading about everyone saying how hard Darker Side was, beat it without dying once and feel let down. They absolutely spoil you with hearts at every section, how is this supposed to be hard?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

maybe you're just good at game, nothing wrong with that

In my opinion it would have been better if there wasn’t a heart every 30 seconds. It would have made it truly challenging.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The additional moons just open up new areas. There’s no additional ending or anything.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cobalt Viper posted:

Just because you beat it on your first try doesn't mean it's not very hard. Your sample size makes you absolutely the incorrect person to determine how hard it actually is.

I’m not saying it was a cakewalk or anything, but for the ultimate challenge of the game to have heart pieces during/after literally every small section seems to leave too much room for error. I’m not trying to sound all elitist or anything, there were plenty of things in the game that gave me plenty of trouble. It just was anticlimactic after expecting to spend a while trying to master it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

can someone point out to me where exactly that hidden six heart is? I've been all up and down those vegetable piles and I can't find it.

Same. I checked every single stem.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean once you get past 50 you can just hit the jump button as fast as possible and never fail. I guess it's possible that someone could mash the button for 10 mins, pause the game, unpause and mash for 10 mins, repeat forever.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

GreatGreen posted:

It's a bit annoying to me that the only way to find purple coins missing from your collection is to buy a $13 toy.

Imagine not knowing about Google in TYOOL 2017.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

I thought the Cap Kingdom race was kind of hard because there's no real short-cuts there.

Yea this was the only race in the game I felt like you could actually lose. Every other race has some huge easy shortcut that let's you win by 20 seconds or more.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Zuzie posted:

Iceburn Circuit S is a load of bullshit. Is rubberband AI involved?

Yea this is the only moon that is making me consider not 100%ing this game. The jump rope, volleyball, etc are all a piece of cake compared to this. It’s ridiculous.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

Yea this is the only moon that is making me consider not 100%ing this game. The jump rope, volleyball, etc are all a piece of cake compared to this. It’s ridiculous.

:lol: beat it on the very next try. gently caress that race, never again.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean you can just turn on assist mode and beat it easily. If people want to cheat on the coolest part of the game they will have to take that to their grave. They know they aren’t worthy. We all know.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

In your guys opinion, what's the hardest moon to get that's not dark-side related?

Iceburn Circuit S Class

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I skipped the credits... should I go back and rewatch them?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

uPen posted:

Like half of the game is after the credits.

I thought people were saying there was some cool cutscene or something in the credits.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Aren’t the painting destinations random?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Isn’t the fork part just: Fling straight forward every time? That was one of the easiest parts if I remember correctly.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Finished getting all the purple coins and buying all the collectibles to get moon #880. Not sure if I want to sit and grind coins for an hour but all that’s left to do is buy 119 moons to get the counter to 999.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Who thought it was a good idea to make players grind coins for over an hour AFTER they have already searched for and found 880 moons AND spent 15,000+ coins on outfits? I don't even care about the reward at this point, but I'm so close to 100% I feel obligated to finish it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Seriously the final challenge in the game is a boss rush?

Christ alive, you have loving moon physics and you choose this?

Nope!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

violent sex idiot posted:

are there any checkpoints at all in darker side or is it all one shot? im so bad at video games holy poo poo

No checkpoints. It wouldn't be hard at all if there were.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

tap my mountain posted:

I don't understand how anybody had trouble with the gliding section of Darker Side. It's by far the easiest part.

Yea, all you have to do is aim left and right. Literally nothing else. :shrug:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I agree. Having a second person play the whole time is much easier than learning a simple 3 or 4 button sequence in a game designed for kids.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

"Hold Y to Dash," as instructed by the on-screen prompts.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hint: You just press the jump button three times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

tap my mountain posted:

You could just not do the races

Alternatively, they are really easy, so just spend a minute or two on each one and beat them.

• Locked thread